If you had your own PS2 server. What type of server would it be?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Firejack, Nov 19, 2014.

1. ItsDangerous

Hossin only, speeder bikes for all, ewok skins mandatory.
    • Up x 4
  2. SpruceMoose

-no heavy assaults
    -no ESFs
    -no tanks, including lightnings
    -no spawning outside of the warp gate except with sundys
    -base turrets HP and damage increased 20%

paradise
  3. Crowne

Just curious, would you keep maxes?
  4. DFDelta

One where I would have removed all one point bases except AMP Stations and replaced them with self-made (at least) 3 point bases. Also less bases between major facilities.
    Preferably each of the new ones at least the size of the 32 player version of Karkand in BF2.

Because, you know? Massive game and all that?
  5. Firejack

Thats a good point on the practicality side of thing. Maybe it would be possible to toggle whether a region is Out of Bounds or not. Then we could reduce the amount of territory battles could be fought in to concentrate the action on low population player run servers.
  6. JudgeNu

It would be filled with VS/TR corpses.
    I would stand on a hill and burn them with a flamethrower.
    • Up x 1
  7. Murx

A PvE Server.
    No more angry attitudes to legions of third party program users, exploiter, cheaters in general, deliberate teamkiller, ego squad member that ignoring their squadmembers problems to get a single kill for themself. :(
    • Up x 1
  8. SpartanPsycho

WHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH Gratz on that post
  9. Ransurian

I'd have a PvE server in which each faction settled on a truce, put aside their differences, and worked together to find a way back to Earth.
  10. PWGuy93

One that never uses the word "Suicide" in a message dialog.
    No we didn't, we just pressed eject to leave the vehicle, the game killed my char. No we didn't, the ESF just repositioned itself on top of us. No we didn't, the Magrider did, I swear it's possessed.

No friendly fire but in it's place we would have friendly (and enemy) collusion detection, no walking through other players, now where you are is really part of the strategy.
    Push the enemy out - literally. Being a Heavy takes on a new definition and function.

Every vehicle would come with Lumbifier trim, lighting and choice of camo as default.
    It's like an obsession, hook them on the coolness of lights and they want more.

Would alter continent locks and reallocate resource costs. Each continent on my custom world only effects that continent. Having captured one continent doesn't give cheaper resources or access to other continents.
    It's logistics man, if the other continents are locked, then they are locked including any bonuses.

Capture Points wouldn't have such long timers on my custom world and wouldn't work for any cloaked players.
    Gotta have guts, not stealth to win on my world

On my custom world all weapons would have their range reduced.
    Gotta be close and personal on my custom world. No shooting beyond render range, ever.
  11. Hoki

Lightnings, harassers, flashes, and sunderers as the only ground vehicles.
    • Skyguard removed from lightnings.
    • Harassers limited to NS weapons only.
    • Blockade armor removed from sundies.
    • Deploy shield made passive by marrying it to AMS.
    • Flashes get max stealth and auto-repair by default.

ESFs, Valk as the only air vehicles.
    • ESFs restricted to default nose gun and the AA nosegun, no AI nosegun or any of those new ones.
    • ESFs secondary weapon systems restricted to hornet missiles only.
    • Fire suppression removed from ESFs.
    • Valks made more resistant to small arms fire.

MAX suit completely disabled.

Heavy Assault
    • All shield abilities removed
    • Stim pack added to utility options, grants charge ability, quick use animation, not really an item.
    • NW5 granted by default
    • Passive HP regen granted by default, equivalent to regeneration 3
    • Battle hardened granted by default.
    • Granted access to ARs, Carbines, and scout rifles.
    • Restricted to the dumbfire rockets only, no more lockons or ES launchers.
    • Granted a new NS rocket launcher which is a shoulder mounted equiv of the engineer mana turret. Heavy cannot move while rocket is in flight, movement breaks guidance and causes rocket to drop.

Light Assault
    • Jetpack abilities merged into one. Jump jets activated by double tapping the jump key.
    • Granted access to battle rifles.
    • Carry 2 extra primary mag, 1 extra secondary mag, and 1 extra grenade by default.
    • Passive HP regen granted by default, equivalent to regeneration 1.
    • Safe landing 2 granted by default.

Medics
    • Granted access to both nanite-regen ability and the new bubble shield without any downsides.
    • Flak armor 5 granted by default.
    • EMP shield granted by default.
    • Clear vision granted by default.

Engineer
    • Can always deploy either of the turrets, but only one can be deployed at a time.
    • Granted access to Hold Breath 3 by default.
    • Granted Flak armor 5 by default.

Infiltrator
    • Removed access to SMGs.
    • Granted access to Battle Rifles.
    • Granted Rangefinder by default.
    • Granted Sensor Shield by default.
    • Granted Safe landing 1 by default.
    • Joshua's dumb sniper rifle revamp reverted. DUMB. I mean all of it back to the way it was before he touched them... DUMB
  12. Canno

Dust 24/7 no awp
  13. Desann

My server would be:

PLANETSIDE 1 WITH BETTER PHYSICS!!!!!!!!!!
  14. SpruceMoose

o yes

let the c4 flow
  15. Pikachu

Interesting idea. Take away galaxies, liberators and MAXes and it would be a light vehicle server only. :) On the ground you drive sunderer or harasser. In the sky there is only the valkyrie.
  16. DoomFruit

Revert the game back to the way it was in April (?) 2013, just before the lattice update.
  17. Ci'fera

I would add in the ability to shoot jetpacks off of light assaults, and if a stray round hit them they would fly off like a deflating balloon complete with the fart sound.
  18. Pikachu

Muh fury. :)
  19. LodeTria

Land battles:

Bases are removed and all spawn rooms are put underground with teleporters to sunderer/MBT spawners.
    Points are in the open ground where bases would be, can only be capture'd in vehicles.
    There are no aircraft terminals or infantry terminals on the map. Everyone spawns as an engineer with no AV turrets, tank mines or C4.
    Every other infantry class is disabled.
    There are no sunderers.

Bonus mode: Lightnings and harassers only.
  20. BetAstraal

You forgot this:

(could go for NC main theme)