If you had your own PS2 server. What type of server would it be?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Firejack, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Hasteras

A 'two-factions only' server. I'd eliminate the NC and put all their weapons in the common pool.
  2. KiloOhm

Considering the number of people, i. e. the scale of battles, I'd have created larger more open maps to allow for better operations using vehicles. Currently, a few tanks can easily bottleneck the road. Stalingrad tank battle with hundreds of tanks on each side.

Added an objective driven maps, for ex., transportation of a mission critical cargo from point A to point B (in basic terms like TF2's train bomb). Infiltrators or ESFs job will be finding out the starting point. Disable the character switching to prevent cheating.

Added a server with NPCs invading a continent where all 3 factions have to unite to defend against. Disable TKing.
    • Up x 1
  3. Firejack

Not sure I'd go as far as having just 2 factions. I do miss the 2-way battles that were typical in Planetside 1 for the first 6 months or so. Could maybe have three 2-way alerts running simultaneously;
    1. Indar: TR v VS - BioLabs
    2. Esamir: TR v NC - Amp Stations
    3. Amerish: VS v NC - Tech Plants
    That way people could pick which faction they fought against.
  4. I play by many names

Custom factions.
    Revamped vehicles such as tanks being tankier frontally, but weaker in the sides and rear.
    static rendering, no dynamic rendering to have invisible people kill you with.
    a resource system that doesn't suck.
    no lock ons, replaced with either higher velocity dumb fires, tv guidance, wire guidance, laser guidance, ect.
    air having traditional flight physics that aren't garbage.
    auto kick high ping 250+
    dynamic spawn system, no more spawn rooms/camping.
  5. LibertyRevolution

A server where the only vehicles are sunderers.
    That server would be so popular all the other servers would have to close.
    • Up x 1
  6. LordTankT9

I would buff everything, muzzle velocities, damage, shields, vehicle speeds. So they would resemble future weapons and not muskets.

Also I would add a alien wolves that addicted to bite vanu butts. :p
    • Up x 1
  7. Pikachu

One where all things are unlocked and there is no KDR. :)
    • Up x 2
  8. Utrooperx

I know...how about a server where when you and a opponent square off and start shooting at each other...and a little window pops open showing a dynamic rendering of a 20-sided die...roll a 17 or higher, all your rounds land and do 100% damage...roll between 10 and 16, all your rounds land but 50% do no damage...roll between 1 and 9, all your rounds vanish between the end of your weapon and your opponent...

Oh wait...we already have something like that :(
  9. Crayv

A server where the word "skill" is filtered into "luck" and "spam"
    • Up x 1
  10. Plorf

Would probably run a server with a proper whitelist of allowed weapons/gear. Stuff like no light assaults, shotguns of any kind, C4...

Yeah, my bias is showing.
  11. FieldMarshall

/friendlyfire 0
  12. Siilk

Vanilla Transportside Campaign Mode will be my poison of choice.
  13. Selrahc4040

Only on the NC can you wreck face with your jet-mounted shotgun, jump out when you get shot down and gun for your buddy's shotgun tank, hop out and roll some punks with your shotgun primary, swap to the shotty underbarrel, then pull out your shotgun sidearm when you run out of ammo.
    • Up x 3
  14. RykerStruvian

If I had my own server, it would be the following:

Infantry
    All Empires - Diversify weapons to be more in-line with faction.
    All Empires - Introduce new equipment 'strobe beacon' for SLs/PLs, takes place of a grenade slot but will show up on ESF/Valkyrie/Liberator HUDs for tactical strikes
    NC - Change ES weapons from 'shotguns' to 'gauss weaponary'
    NC - Lower RoF on weapons so they're not faster than TR, increase weapon damage per bullet
    VS - Lower RoF on weapons so they're not faster than TR, increase accuracy
    Engineer - Increase max mine count from 3 to 5.

Ground Vehicles
    Flash - Will receive collision damage for colliding with players, but still allow roadkills
    Lightning - Increased traction so it's not buttered up and sliding everywhere
    Lightning - Skyguard turret locks/tracks air targets.
    MBTs - All AI weapons will be buffed
    MBTs - All resource costs will be increased along with vehicle timers
    MBTs - Allow drivers to have optional primary gunner
    MBTs - MBT SL can set 'focus fire' HUD reticle which is shared for that squad's MBT gunners
    Prowler - Increase weapon ROF when anchored
    Vanguard - Decreased Vanguard shield lifespan, increased cooldown

Air Vehicles
    ESF - Increase speed of all ESF, make them more in line as being air supremacy vehicles. Decrease A2A count, increase A2A damage. Give A2G systems with lock-on, limit to two or so rockets. Take away rocket pods.
    Galaxy - Disable galaxy spawning, increase resource cost, increase armor, increase spawn timer
    Valkyrie - Give Valkyrie primary weapon to pilot, give Valkyrie secondary weapon for gunner, mainly A2G rocket pods for AI/AV

Other Gameplay Mechanics
    Increase timer on redeploy, only allow redeploying to WG.
    Increase infantry render distance.

Thats all I have for now.
    • Up x 1
  15. zuka7

lol
  16. bladedcross

Transportside for me. At least with that, there was some semblance of a meta. Back before Redeployside and Squad Spawning in Gals and Sundys, many Outfits prided themselves as a Quick Reaction Force. Their meta was to redeploy to warp-gate, load up in Galaxies, and be on route to another fight in less than 15 seconds.
    • Up x 2
  17. Yuukikun

Stalker cloak knife only server.
  18. uhlan

If I had my own server I'd make sure it worked flawlessly before I let people in.

Then, I'd make sure the game was well moderated with an active group of folks investigating any suspicious behavior.

I redo all of the infantry and vehicle graphics (I do this kind of thing for a living anyway); making the game just a wee bit less "cartoony"

Then, once the players got hooked, I'd pull the "plug" occasionally just as an alert is about to end, "nerf" certain players hit detection that I found offensive (most of you) to increase your level of frustration and finally, offer you performance improvement incentives for a small (ok, huge) fee.
  19. Champagon

It would be a PS2 "Classic" server

1. All the continents
    2. Vehicles [Except BFR's]
    3. Weps
    4. Rules
    5. Balance

as PS1
  20. Crowne

If SOE were to have a specialized server:
    One account = One character = One faction only.
    Membership only access. (likely wouldn't have enough players though)

Player Run Servers:
    Size of the maps would be problematic I think. So would perhaps have to release downsized maps?
    Hexes cut somewhat like Esamir with one large in the middle.
    Let the admin choose what style of central base it is, as well as map environment, with a choice of templates for surrounding outliers.

Allow for the usual tweaks:
    FF on/off
    Explosives on/off
    Inf. only
    Max / NoMax
    etc.

It would make for a game I might no longer call Planetside due to lack of scope, but using planetside assets.

• Up x 2