2 Years and still no ban on teamkillers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blackbird, Nov 10, 2014.

1. barunedpat

Got a source on that?
  2. Xasapis

Not really. Unless you consider a reddit source with multiple people that TK and got TKed describing their experiences and the banning (or not). You won't hear anything from SOE in this regard, it's their policy.
  3. Utrooperx

Yeah, you see alot of BR3's show up when you are holding hard and stalling the Enemy zerg...me and another AA MAX was crouched down on top of a defensive tower...We kept the birdies away and our allied infantry were doing a number on the Enemy armor...until a brick of Allied C-4 was dropped at our feet...:oops:
  4. patrykK1028

BAN EVERYBODY!!!
    • Up x 1
  5. penandpencilman

Teamkilling is META for the bored and butt-hurt.
  6. DFDelta

I actually agree.
    I can't fathom how anybody gets above 5% without doing it on purpose, 10% simply can't be an accident.
    I'm at 0.x% on most toons (a second one for comparisons sake), and that includes teamkills I've done on purpose like for example a few days ago to protect a friendly burster MAX from a "friendly" guy trying to C4 him.
    Yeah I know the two posted toons are not played that often, but they are a good indicator what my tk ratio looks like.

My worst one is my tank heavy NC toon which is at around 1.5%, most of them accidental roadkills when somebody was too dumb to live and decided the backside of my under-fire Vanguard would be an awesome place to take cover.

Give the system some extra checks probably on kills or playtime so it does not screw up new guys and then make it put anybody above 7% on suspicious list and hand out temp bans for people who manage to keep themselves above 10%.
    • Up x 1
  7. uhlan

Well, for financial reasons SOE has chosen not to limit it to one faction per server.

The more accounts the better is their philosophy.

I understand this, but if I had my choice I'd say limit it to one faction per server to prevent the constant faction see-saw and isolate the TKers more effectively.
    • Up x 1
  8. Bitterclaw2

Hang on, let's look at this from a different perspective.

I am completely and utterly peeved when I'm running 700 metres to help attack a base, I'm off-road running between cover to avoid snipers when I'm suddenly run over by one of our own tanks. I will then spend, sometimes, an hour or so looking for this guy on the battlefield and 2 x C4 later get my revenge. Yes, he's my own team, but when I send him a /tell and say, "Please be mindful of your own infantry, you just ran over 3 of us", and he sends back, "Well get out of my way then..", I feel justified chasing him around the map to C4 him. If he replies, "Sorry, I didn't see you", I would accept it, but more often than not I get a sarcastic reply.

Also, when on my HA, we are getting farmed by Aircraft, I have my Lock-On Launcher and am locking on to an aircraft when some plonker runs across my field of view and destroys my lock on. I've then got to reacquire the aircraft and sure enough, he does it again. If the battle is that bad that we just have to take out the farmer, and my team player keeps destroying my lock, then the person destroying my lock is going to get a full mag from a Carv in the back. It's obvious when an HA is trying to lock on to an aircraft, why the heck do people keep running across him to destroy his lock ability, especially if the HA's are like me and try to get out to a clear area, well away from the routes from the spawn room to the control points, to get a good chance to lock on to an aircraft.

In the above two instances, I have no regrets about killing people in my own team, as far as I'm concerned it's justified. However......

We are attacking a control point from several directions towards several doorways on ground level, and the LA's are doing their flying ballet dance on to the ramparts to assault from above. I'm in a good firing position to supress the enemy, and do so quite effectively with my LMG, so why the heck do my own team keep running in front of me to get to the enemy when I'm doing a darned good job supressing them at that particular entrance in the first place. I can't help but hit my own team when they run rampant in front of me and as far as I'm concerned, that's their tough luck, but I'm the one getting sarcastic and rage tells calling me all sorts of names.

That's just one example, others include the use of frag grenades in confined rooms, our own aircraft killing their own men while trying to farm that one enemy who just happens to be near a group of our own team, etc etc.

My point is, you can't look at a bunch of statistics on a web site and say, "That guy is a TK'er and should be banned". How many of your own side do you need to kill to be classed as a TK'er ? OK, in my first two examples, I'm TK'ing a TK'er in revenge which I consider justified based on his attitude and sarcastic reply to my /tells. In the example with the assault on the control point, I'm doing it accidentally because people run in front of me while I'm supressing, and again, that's their tough poopy. But I don't set out to be a TK'er for the sake of it, I do it in revenge in what I consider totally justified circumstance, or accidentally due to other people's lack of situation awareness and overconfidence to get at the enemy. I've even had my weapons locked for 5 mins during the control point assault, not because I was purposefully killing my own team, but because they kept running in front of my suppression fire, or into the room I just threw a grenade.

So where, on a statistics board, do you draw the line and say that one person is a TK'er and one person is doing so accidentally. If you lot want to ban people who are TK'ing after looking at a bunch of statistics, then I'll be very vocal in my opinions against this. I'm happy to agree to bans for people who CONSISTANTLY switch to a faction just to TK a position so that their main team can over run a position, but I'd prefer the game to not allow different factions on the same account. That doesn't stop people making multiple accounts, but it would be a PITA to keep switching accounts rather than toons on the same account to do their TK'ing.

The In-Game reporting of suspected TK'ers is flawed also. In the example I gave on the control point assault above, It was NOT my fault that I was killing some of my own team, I was aiming down my sights supressing a doorway and people just ran in front of my firing arc. They can plainly see that I am supressing, and I can't see them approaching through the small field of vision of my sights, but for some reason they Rambo through, get killed and I get the rage and rant tells about it.

In summary, I'm all for banning CONSISTANT TK'ers who switch toons to TK to influence the flow of battle, but until you can tell me a non flawed way of identifying them, then we shall not progress, and I think the Devs are aware of this problem also, which is why you don't seem to see suspected TK'ers being banned.
  9. Hoki

Running over multiple friendlies should kick you out of the vehicle and not allow you back into one if it doesn't already.

I've only ran into weapons lock once so I'm not sure how it works.
  10. Hatesphere

faction see saw is caused by people simply logging out when they lose causing one sides percentage to go up during events like alerts, not faction switches. unless you think people are getting new IP addresses to log back in on another side SOE has said that very few people with the same IP switch sides during events. so its most likely TKers and people switching to play with outfits on other sides now and again. but mostly that parent "swing" is caused by defeatists logging out. dont ruin it for people who like to have toons on multiple empires so they can have a true sense of what the game plays like from all angles.
  11. TraatAdmiral

On Sunday I got teamkilled four consecutive times, by four different people. Lots more deaths with a friendly dealing 30-70 percent damage, too. The players site says 11 of my last 100 deaths were teamkills. I definitely agree that we should be doing something to these people.
  12. Rift23

You, sir, are my hero. Most I ever did was C4 a few scrubs who told me I was their prison girlfriend, but your story will inspire me to try harder.
  13. Tuco

TK'ers think they're this

But they're really this

14. Goretzu

It seems much more tricky than it was in PS1, in that somethings seem to allow people to kill a lot of people without weapons-lock yet others would give you weapons-lock very quickly.

To be honest whilst stats are fairly meaningless, equally I think it would take some of the sting out of TKs if they weren't counted as deaths (or even if they were counted seperately and there was a directive for having died to TKs - make lemonade out of lemons :cool:).
  15. RykerStruvian

Will admit to blatant TKing but just this once. We were running ops and the 666 stampede rolled through and destroyed our sunderer. So in the midst of the 666 we found the TKer and blew his *** to high hell. None of the 666 intervened.

Take it for what you will. Also, never was weapons locked.
  16. uhlan

I don't see how having one character per server limits you in experiencing every faction. Surely you can do this on multiple servers?

The see-sawing I am refering to is the back and forth by the TKers, not whole-sale population swings. It happens a lot during off hours where you'll see a Tker pop in to take out a tenaciously held choke point, or some other well defended position. These things are not just some idiot being a turd, but an orchestrated means to victory.

Wouldn't it be worth it to limit the harassment by folks so inclined?

It would be worth it to me.

It's far too late to make any changes now though.
  17. SpaceZeal0t

Go MAX and turn on him every chance you get.

Why are teamkills even counted as deaths to begin with is beyond me.
    • Up x 1
  18. Loken

Remove the death stat for a TK victim. As much as most of us would hate getting walloped once in a while, at least the Death stats wont reflect it.

If you need to go further...

Take that TK death stat and record it against the team killer, if it's a one off then the number will vanish over a short time. if repeated, or a high volume of in a short time then they get flagged either for SOE intervention or weapon lock on that account.
    • Up x 1
  19. SpaceZeal0t

You mean flagged for SOE to throw in the trashbin and do nothing about. If they are gonna do bans do it like ps1 was, 3 day suspension automatically if you go over a limit of team kills.
  20. Loken

If SOE throw things in the trashbin, it's OUR fault, we the playerbase need to keep them accountable.