PPA Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by A3ianess, Nov 4, 2014.

1. patrykK1028

:eek: ?
    Prowler HE OHKs infantry, PPA needs 4 hits. It means its 4 times less effective.
    • Up x 2
  2. ronjahn

At some point we may need to look at PPA data and determine if a buff is necessary. I don't think 5 days after the change is that point.

Let's stop with the whole "Cannister is twice as effective" statements because it is based off of statistics that are invalid due to small sample size.

Let's also consider that it is a new weapon, will have a learning curve, will have a bunch of people trialing it and doing poorly, a bunch of people switching to alts temporarily to try it out, ect.

I'm all for adjusting the PPA if once actual valid statistics can be established to show that PPA is under performing.
  3. Schizomatic

Preaching to the choir on that one. People keep insisting on comparing them, though.

Same deal as above. Main gun vs. secondary gun. Blah.
    • Up x 1
  4. Xasapis

It make no sense comparing primaries to secondaries, but it does make sense to compare effectiveness of the vehicle as a whole. Prowler primary in all its incarnations is way too potent to also have a dominant secondary. Something has to give.
    • Up x 6
  5. Flag

The "it's balanced" tag seems to be on the chopping board with the upcoming new secondaries.
  6. iller

If you just wanted to snipe-farm from the ridge above, why didn't you pull out the Parallax?

...could it possibly be because that type of sniping requires more precise prediction and has smaller projectiles?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  7. Flag

Tbh, I had much fun today with a Ghost + 3.4 chevron sight.
    Pew pew!
    (not saying it was effective, but it was fun!)
    • Up x 3
  8. Keldred

I cant seem to get others in my faction to agree with me. i love the new PPA. It allows me to not only dish out some good suppression at long range but give me the option to obliterate targets that get close.
    • Up x 1
  9. Alarox

A direct hit with HE is extremely rare. Also, the PPA fires faster.

Just be fair in your comparison.
    • Up x 3
  10. HUDuser

Agreed, the COF is ridiculous, it feels like one of the highest in the game.
  11. Alox

It is rather secondary how the P.II PPA compares with the prowler main. It is more interesting to see how it compares to other magrider sacondaries.

Splash damage comparison:

PPA: min: 200 dmg from 0.1 m to 1.5 dmg at 4 m
    Saron: min 200 dmg from 1 m to 1 dmg at 2 m
    (Halberd: min 450 dmg from 0.5 to 1 dmg at 3m)

PPA and Saron does about equal splash at 1.3 m (around 140 damage at this point). Beyond this point the PPA does more damage than the Saron, but we are talking values below 140 damage, so unless you have a stationary situation where you can bombard away at it is not really interesting. Closer the Saron is actually better in splash.

If you add in the other weapon stats you find:

Saron has more direct damage than PPA, twice the bullet velocity, and is also an AV weapon! Only downside is that is has 6 bullets in magazine compared to 12 in the PPA. (they have the same rpm). I don't have the number for the saron bloom, though it is clearly not worse than the PPA bloom.

You really need to love the PPA "lasher" sound to choose it over the Saron, which by the way says "pew pew"!
    • Up x 2
  12. SpruceMoose

funny thing because that's exactly what I do WITH THAT EXACT GUN :eek:
    I have almost no PPA kills, less than 140 kills of any kind in a harasser total
    the PPA nerf affects me in a positive way, I am no longer being team killed from miles away

you stay classy
    • Up x 2
  13. Linus

This is not about the PPA farmers not being happy, this is an easy way to blur the situation and to draw easy conclusions.
    All what needed the PPA was a reduction to its long range effectiveness , which was the major problem.
    Reducing the damage over the distance ratio could have been the simplest and the most effective way to correct that. This has been done for many other weapons.
    For exemple: halved damage after 100 meters, splash damages or direct hits.
    This mean that all the PPA spam from 100 meters or more could have been not so effective. Problem solved.

In the contrary, we have now an AI weapon, the PPA, which is working less good than an AV weapon, the Saron, for killing infantery and destroying vehicles.
    This is where the problem is and this is what makes this new PPA system absurd.
    It does not mean that the PPA does not work or is unable to kill, it means that the PPA brings nothing more and no advantages compared to the other choices available.
    • Up x 2
  14. patrykK1028

Prowler HE doesnt need direct hit to OHK
  15. Halkesh

I think you should restart everything from the begining : You have forget the PPA fire larger projectiles than Saron. :D
  16. Thurwell

It's just a deceptive chart he's been posting in various threads. LPPA KPH spiked over Banshee KPH for one day, Nov 3. I don't know what happened that day but it's already back down to normal numbers.
  17. z1967

Prowler HE fires two rounds, .5 seconds inbetween each shot. That is a ROF of 120 without accounting for the reload. PPA fires at 300 RPM, which is much faster.
    • Up x 3
  18. Maelthra

Uuhhmmm...yes it does. Unless SOE buffed the Prowler's HE shells to deal 1000 splash damage per shell recently...
    • Up x 3
  19. Schizomatic

Please, for the love of Vanu, can we cease and desist comparing primary weapons to secondary weapons?
    • Up x 2
  20. patrykK1028

Thats not even 3x less and PPA deals 4x less damage. Plus Prowler doesnt have CoF.