Kill the pointless faction specific AP mine.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Arsonix, Oct 31, 2014.

1. John_Aitc

In two years, I have dropped 6100 Claymore mines and killed 2200 players. There are players out there who have better k/d with the Candy Gun! I hope no precious developer time is wasted on any Faction's proxy mines.
  2. Arsonix

By saying this are you saying it is fair TR gets more faction differences than everyone else? BB and PM are the exact same thing while the CM is totally unique.

Not true. All friendly mines have an indicator above them in their own faction's color showing that they are on your team.

I have heard both 250 and 300 extra on the CM. So you would need different ranks in flak armor to survive CMs.

1. That isn't a kill/death ratio.
    2. What is your drop to kill stats with other mines?
    • Up x 1
  3. Fatal_Finn

Alrighty, thanks.

Today it actually took 2 BB's to kill me. Someone laid 2 of them in long stairs (first one was being lower than the other, I ran up the stairs) and I somehow managed to run out of the "lethal area" of the first mine and survived. The second one killed me. I was playing engineer so didn't have any running speed boosts. I don't have flak either because I want to carry more AT mines. So yes, it IS possible to slip through a BB without having flak armor and/or speed boost and it feels a bit unfair. This happened just once in a hundred times, though, so not sure if lag had anything to do with it. Or the placement/altitude.

I'm all in for buffing the PM and BB if devs think it should be done. Also think the glow should be removed as well as the sound and triggering delay in VS mine. What I would dislike, however, is giving everyone the claymore and/or nerfing it.

We should keep the faction differences as long as we can imo. Makes the game more rich. I wouldn't mind if TR had the CM as it is, NC had BB with possibly wider lethal zone and VS had a proximity mine that could be placed on walls as well (there could be some fixed height, though).
  4. Kentucky Windage

First off this thread is supposed to be about AI mines. Not whether you are a better player than I. I would suspect you probably are better but that is not the issue at hand.

My responses have always been refuting your assumption based on statistics that the Claymore is OP. Sometimes there is a disconnect between stats and actual game data. You look at the numbers and assume just because all the TR guys have such high kill numbers that there is a problem. Well, there is a problem. You don't use mines and your stats prove that you don't. I don't base my comments on stats from DA. I base them on first hand game knowledgve and weapon usage along with the knowledge and experience I have as a dual faction player.

As I have also stated over and over before you may fool some of these guys but I know what an NC player can do with BB's. I did it before with my previous character on Briggs. However, you must have thought I was just blustering or as you said being something that I'm not.

I will continue to say you have no experience, with AI mines, acording to the character I see. Perhaps you have been playing this game for awhile and have a boat load of experience. I can only go on what I see. Your 20 kills in 44 days of play is proof that you can't or won't use them. So I decided to see what I could do in just a regular session. 18 BB kills in just about 5 hours of gameplay today on my NC character and that wasn't even breaking a sweat. I play with Higby's Heroes and my toon is ThePartyPoobah.

18 kills in 5 hours with the BB and you can only muster 20 with the Prox Mine in 44 STINKING DAYS. There is nothing wrong with the BB or Prox. The problem is something other than the mine. More than likely the user. Had I wanted too I'm sure I could have racked up double the kills.

You initiated this thread and proclaimed with a chart that Claymores are OP. I believe I have proven my point that they are INDEED where they need to be and that the BB and Prox Mine are as viable an option as the Claymore. You just have to know how to use them.
  5. FrozenCustard

VS get the futuristic mine with pew pew lasers, NC get the guerrilla mine powered by magnets, and TR get the military mine powered by bullets and gun powder.
  6. Arsonix

Bro I have 20 kills in 80 fire counts and 45 hit counts. You have 26 kills in 145 fire counts and 55 hit counts. According to that I just wiped the floor with you and you think you can tell me that I can't use them?

This is coming from the guy with 365 kills in 1093 fire counts and 407 Claymore hit counts...

You went from pulling 1 kill for slightly under every 3 Claymores dropped to 1 kill in slightly over 5 1/2 Bouncing Betties and your wounding ratio is also worse once you switched to Bouncing Betties. How can you come in here and think that by saying they are equal you are somehow proving it?

On your other account your Claymore deploy to kill ratio is actually even better too.

Like you are so ridiculous to think that proved anything other than what I have been saying. Please for your own sake just go, leave this thread. You're doing your side so much damage that you're better off just hiding your head.
  7. Jachim

Behold, the post with the most logical fallaices, 2014.
  8. Kentucky Windage

I've only tossed 145. Damn, I thought I tossed more. Sometimes the alcohol makes me do weird things and I just start chucking stuff. My arguing with you is over. I've gotten you worked up I'm sure and sometimes it's fun just doing that even if it makes me look stupid. Which my wife tells me that often anyway.

I will support your efforts to buff the Prox and BB. The clay is a sound weapon and shouldn't need much refining. Adding a red blinking light at the top center should put in on par with the others and adding the splash damage to the non laser side of the clay seems fair as well. Or as you suggested earlier just give everyone the clay and leave it at that. I actually agreed with most of what you said at the outset but was having too much fun chapping your shorts.

Sometimes, I get carried away and I apologize if I impacted your thread in a negative way. I would gladly produce a new thread and debunk everything I have said previously.
    • Up x 1