Claymores Are Bugged and Invisible.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LibertyRevolution, Nov 2, 2014.

1. LibertyRevolution

Video of invisible claymore (11-2-2014):

If you are dropping claymores, then you are exploiting a bug, and I am filing /report for every death to them now.
    You have been warned...

SOE, you may want to fix this one before I fill your inbox with reports. ;)
    • Up x 3
  2. Joexer

Thank You for the proper use of a PSA!

also they add new depth to the game kinda. It would be uber cool if AP mines had cloaking like infiltrators but keep the lights. Just sayin *rolleyes*
  3. Goldmonk

I think all AI mines are invisible.
  4. MotionBlured

I had no issue seeing VS or NC mines today.
    • Up x 1
  5. VanuBangura

equips claymores
    • Up x 5
  6. Goldmonk

Throw all the claymores. Meh it's just another reason for those claymore hating people to whine about nerfing it.
  7. Pelojian

claymores aren't the only thing that are invisible was having fun on my NC alt blasting VS infantry and found one of the techplant vehicle terminals was invisible.

Have you confirmed that an invisible claymore is not just invisible to you but the person that placed it?
    • Up x 1
  8. FateJH

Let's be fair. Before this, you didn't see the Claymore before it killed you anyway.

Yes, however, this does need to be addressed, if only to improve polish. Also, to reward people who actually check doors before walking through them, or negate the efforts of players who mined the wrong doors. It's important to foster good player behavior. You can still see them if you stand right over them, but I think only friendlies get that benefit (in more ways than one).

I'm still using them in Tech Plant towers to catch all of them Infiltrators. No one hacks my turrets.
    • Up x 2
  9. TraatAdmiral

That is not the case. I used some Claymores yesterday and could see them just fine. Reporting people who almost certainly have no idea they're doing anything wrong is why reporting people doesn't have any effect anymore. Don't abuse the system.
    • Up x 4
  10. LibertyRevolution

I stepped on his invisible claymore he had placed and died, so I started recording and I expected to find one again and I did.
    If I know there is someone dropping AI mines in the base, I start checking doors after the first death.

Not long before that video.. I was in a turret, I heard infil uncloak, exited the turret saw him in the plant mine animation...
    Run by shooting him, kill him, looked around see no mines, run back to the turret, right as I'm am about to enter turret, BOOM.

Claymores are bugged, they are not rendering at all to enemies.
    If you know this, and put them out anyways, then are you not exploiting the bug?

What if you put put them right in the open of walking path where normally they would be seen, knowing they are bugged?
    Would that then be exploiting?

I could see people exploiting this bug.. that is all..
    I'm not really worried about people like the guy in the video placing them like normal..
    I just can't get on video one on a walking path as easy as the one in the door I was expecting.
    I thought If I put a PSA out there, maybe they would just patch it quick, instead of having people putting claymores everywhere..
  11. LenaQuin

Well it isnt really exploiting if you cant prevent it as a player.
    If SoE wants us to stop using them they should disable mines for all 3 factions. Otherwise they would put one faction at a disadvantage that arent at fault for it.

PS: They arent rendering for allies either. You place them and they just disappear after a second.
  12. Imperial Sect

The only way to even this out is...once they fix the claymore issue, NC and VS AP mines go invisible for the same amount of time. It's only fair. :)
  13. Leftconsin

What if I'm still placing claymores in the same hiding spots I have always placed them? Sure I can jam them in the middle of places now, but I'm not exploiting their invisibility.

I wondering now if SOE is going to have a talk to you about abusing /report.
  14. Xasapis

Well, you made a PSA OP. How many people do you think read these forums?
  15. Takoita

Yes, this is a bug. I don't think that overloading the report queue with such reports each and every time is going to help anything though.
  16. actionpark

Hmm i really planned to get the claymores for my character. So annoying! Should I wait or maybe get c4 instead?
    Hope this get fixed fast
  17. Demetrios

Get Claymores anyways, they work just fine.
  18. FLHuk

I think my 7 day ban a year or so back was due to too may /report uses.

Of course they flat out refused to tell me why I was banned for 7 days. But I was rather spamming /report one sat night when an aimbotter was going through a VS zerg single handedly. Next day banned....

So be careful, the innocent are often made the victim to lower the effort required ;)
    • Up x 1
  19. Goretzu

Get Claymores.
  20. Zotamedu

I have been reporting a bug where betties and proxies don't render for months now. Most of the time I get killed by a betty, it jumps up through the floor. So should I just report everyone who uses any mine for exploiting then? Then there's the problem the first year or so of the game where mines fell through the floor. Come to think about it, I don't think that the AI mines have ever worked properly. They have always have some bug or another that makes them invisible and kill you out of nowhere.

Should I send a report for every kill you have ever gotten with a betty and proxy or do you think it's enough to send one per character where I list all the exploited kills?