Should Flashes have a Bulletproof windscreen?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by minhalexus, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Goretzu

Any shield that does anything will be too much with a 2 man Wraith Flash (as things are currently) and can only end up with the Flash in general or Wraith Flash specifically being nerfed.

The Flash in general could have decent shield and be absolutely fine, but not a Wraith Flash (it would simply be too powerful with a shield with 2 people on in a lot of situations) - hence any shield needing to sit in the same slot at the Wraith module.
  2. Paqu

I think you give the seat too much credit. I mean its fun as hell to use but when it comes to farming infantry or taking out vehicles two Flashes is far more effective than one Flash with guy on the rumble seat.
  3. Goretzu

And 2 Flashes with 2 guys on the rumbles seats are even more effective.

But again (again, again, again...... again) this is only conserving Wraith Flashes (not non-Wraith Flashes).

And if you are specifically talking about Wraith Flashes, then yes shield + wraith module would be too much for a 2 man Flash in a lot of cirmustances and should not happen (anymore than Harrassers, Lightings or ESFs should get Wraith modules).
    • Up x 1
  4. Paqu

Yet still not as good as 4 Flashes would be. Flash is so cheap that its resource cost is a non issue so Iam only looking at the amount of players you need to be effective. And all those players on their own Flashes are better than half of them on the rumble.

I have not commented the shield idea at all.
  5. Goretzu

Well as I am saying:

1) shield for Flash = fine (and probably a good idea)
    &
    2) shield for Wraith Flash = bad idea (especially with the current power of 2 man Wraith Flashes in some situation).

Therefore any shield should preclude a Wraith module, I literally have no idea what you're trying to disagree about. :confused:
  6. NCmagnetarN7

a cloaked flash with a grenade launcher and a couple of brick of C4 AND a bullet proof windshield?, no thanks
  7. Champagon

It's already an ATV with a gun on it. What more do you want?

Killing MBT's that are injured not enough for you?
    Rolling through hordes of zerg and racking up kills not good enough?
    C4 Kamikaze runs into enemies no longer fun?
  8. Axehilt

Seems like it shouldn't get added to Wraith Flashes, but maybe it's a good tradeoff for not being able to cloak (since it's pretty awkward for wraiths to be the only combat-viable flash build.)