New Conglomerate Alliance Emerald

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Falcon 197, Oct 19, 2014.

1. ColonelChingles

Can't we just hand this over to VCO and Aeflic?

They're probably the only outfit I would trust that has both the tactical/strategic sense as well as the leadership skill necessary to make this work.

Heck, might even make it a (poorly) paid job or something... if every outfit throws in $5 a month to pay the coalition leader(s), we might get people who are more serious about this. :p
    • Up x 1
  2. EGuardian1

It
    It's more than a single leader or outfit - 'paying' them is a nice thought, but overall useless. GOOD leaders lead because they want to, not because they're paid to.

The NC needs to reidentify itself. Are we a loose conglomerate of warring tribes, or do we stand for freedom against TR oppression and VS brainwashing?

I'd lead more often, but it's tiring and I honestly have more fun derping. That being said, when i combined the two as 'spec ops' teams who's goal is more sideways, it's surprisingly effective.

Skip to 6:40 for what i mean. Mind you, i was pretty drunk at this time.

If there's a serious push for something like this, I will do what I can to help, but i'm also not going to take on a huge responsibility simply because I know i'd burn out at this point and i'd rather just keep my 'ambassador' status and lead spec ops teams.
    • Up x 1
  3. Badname707

Funny you should mention, VCO is actually helping to spearhead the current effort. Though Falcon's bid is entirely independent, VCO has been very helpful in moving things along on the NCHQ forum. If I'm hearing things correctly, your outfit is currently the most involved with what they're doing.

As for paying leadership, success is it's own reward. What we really need is four things:
    Outfit officers who can schedule joint ops with other outfits
    Leaders like Falcon OP here who are willing to step forward and be proactive towards moving things forward
    Vocal players and forumsiders who can help spread news over the forums, /yell, /orders, and etc
    As many people as possible to take it upon themselves to turn around the NC's morale problem

If any of this sounds like you, report to ncheadquarters.com or http://coalitionofbadass.com:1337/. We need everyone we can get.
  4. dngray

As a long time VS player from Matherson and now Emerald, I wish you the best of luck. Us VS players welcome the challenge. Bring it! None of that chicken **** VS avoidance I have seen the TR and NC both take part in.
  5. haniblecter

Just lost an 8% advantage on the latest Esamir alert cause all the blueberries had no leadership and we're just grinding at Jaegers.

I look and se ethe only available platoon on the NC was a SubG. I go into it to see why the f*** they were on Indar and the deep voiced leader says, roughly, 'I don't like the region to region jumping' then something about competing.

Can we get them disbanded? They hoover up all the pubbies that want casual team play and proceed to do nothing with it.

Awful outfit, leave it.
  6. Hasteras

oh no you don't. just stop that right now.

Bad outfits are a reality of the game, always have been. VS have their fair share of bad outfits too. There's always going to be a few around and pointing the finger at them is nothing but a worthless defeatist attitude. What's important is building high-impact outfits, and developing leaders that understand battles and pressure points. You could take every player out of SubG and scatter them across the outfits of the entire rest of the NC, it won't make a difference if those outfits aren't led by door-kicking name takers who understand how to win.

Rephrasing, bad outfits are a zero factor. If the faction it sucks it's because there aren't enough high impact midsize outfits, the superfits have nothing to do with it. Claiming otherwise is defeatism at it's worst.
  7. ATRA_Wampa-One

SubG makes SSGO, PHX, and AOD look like DA.

I mean I kind of want to not kill them when they do the some of the dumbest things in the world just so I can learn their habits.
    • Up x 1
  8. Kentucky Windage

Many of US are with you. I pledge my support. I have an NC toon on Emerald and have been waiting for the tide of enthusiasm to shape into real and concrete efforts to assuage the many disappointments handed to us from the Vanu. This is a wonderful project and I would gladly donate up to $100 for any infrastructure needs Command may encounter. Let's do this right. Keep me abreast. Semper Fi.
  9. BaronVonVirtu

Well, given what I've seen out of the NC in past months, I would say at this point that a major alliance couldn't possibly hurt any more than the disjointed command that currently inhabits it.

There be dragons here. Pick your alliance leadership well and use those numbers well, this should be a means to achieving some sort of communication amongst the faction, not making waves by ghostcapping territory with 4 platoons for hours.
  10. Foxirus

Yeah.. You try to post that much information in command chat and everyone is just going to instant mute you.
  11. NeverWas

To address on your statement, no i do not agree with you that specialized outfit is worthless. As a VS pilot, i can tell you with honest truth that your so called 'burden' PREY has kept me from shoving my hornet missile up your vangaurd's ***. I am so bloody afraid of PREY that i'll never fly in NC territory no matter how dire the situation is and i'll tell you without shame.

Also, back in the days when VS were underpopped, there was this one event where i remembered most.

It was a defence we were having during alert and we were having a really hard time defending SE tech plant (TUMAS), when all hope seems lost, and when we almost fall to the numbers of our opposition, I caught a glimpse of what i deemed the most awesome and heart touching cavalry in the history of my game time in PS2. from the east there were a magrider column (about 10+ of those) coming to assist us, blowing out sunderers and vanguards left and right and our defence was a great success. needless to say, there was a cryout in the yell chat that day appreciating that needed Magrider outfit cavalry.

Truly truly awesome moment only in Planetside 2.
    • Up x 1
  12. Falcon 197

Taking the middle ground with regards to outfit specialization is ideal. Considering that plenty of outfits are organized around a certain type of combat or strategic role (infantry, armor, air, support, spec ops, etc.), it would be a waste to not integrate that specialization into an alliance.

At the same time, making it mandatory would unnecessarily put a gun to the heads of outfit commanders who prefer to let their members do their own thing. Flexibility is the backbone of an effective unit and PS2 rewards groups who can adjust on the fly as needed. That's not to say specialized groups don't get props for their efforts - but that their efforts are rewarded in different ways (such as in the example NeverWas provided).

On the whole, both types of units serve as necessary components for an initiative like this and the intention is to promote interest from each.
  13. Wafflepancake

I was able to call out last night about this during late night alert. Took less than 10 mins for the NC to realize intent and pull back from TR territory who at the time only had 8% turn tail and push on their 4-5 VS fronts. When our base finally recapped, we pushed back into our own single front on the VS.. only having one latice link to their territory. And it was a good time.
    • Up x 1
  14. Elrobochanco

I meant the actual game time communication/asking for help/pointing out weak points on the map. My point was that if you try to make a faction communication system that exists solely outside the game it won't work. This has been proven multiple times on all factions. Due to the fact that some outfits will be excluded, maybe only certain leaders from others will even want to use whatever VOIP you use, and all new players/outfits will automatically be excluded.

If you cut off the means to accept help from anyone on your faction who may be in command chat, you will at the very best be operating as a weaker unit.
  15. Falcon 197

Progress is being made with this. More updates to follow pending major developments.

Bumping and sharing this thread is appreciated. :cool:
  16. Badname707

Bumping for glory!
    • Up x 1
  17. Schizomatic

Noticed the NC was doing a lot better tonight, especially around Ikanam Bio Lab. Tossed it back and forth until NC got a steamroll going and there wasn't much to do to turn 'em back.
  18. EGuardian1

The blood and pain and suffering and PRAISE MALORN of many NC leaders is being spilt to try and get back some of what we've lost.

That and we've been more than happy to hand TR a victory instead of VS. At least from what I've heard and done on Command.
  19. Badname707

Join us at ncheadquarters.com. We're a small community, but it's a better place to keep up to date with NC stuff than the SOE forums.
  20. Kentucky Windage

I will most assuredly do so. Thanks for the heads up.