JUST IN: PPA nerfed!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by KO-tic, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Diilicious

what does the [psa] tag mean
  2. Magma52

Wtf...what game are you playing?

Banshee is absurdly OP.
    • Up x 3
  3. Magma52

Air Hammer requires you to fly much, much closer to your target than with Banshee or Light PPA. Survivability falls off exponentially as you get closer to all the FLAK and Heavies with lock ons.
    • Up x 2
  4. Rovertoo

This change seems pretty good to me, not a complete nerf, just a role change.Hopefully this will make it less annoying to fight. Now the PPA is a defensive weapon like Canister and Maurader, and not a 'spam from the hills' gun. It'll only be a threat if you decide to get near the tank in question.

Also, I have a question for you VS guys, a little unrelated to the thread. From what I understood, VS's tradeoff for no bullet drop was an extra damage tier dropoff at range, right? I heard a rumor that that was removed some time ago, is that true? I don't want to make any assumptions without verification, but that seems pretty iffy balance wise to me, even considering the usefulness of no drop.
    • Up x 1
  5. WarmasterRaptor

Public
    Service
    Announcement
  6. Ixidron

Call me crazy, but it's a surprise for me when someone kills me with a banshee, I can't recall any day I'd died more than once to a banshee, might be OP, I don't really know for sure, but the number of banshees is too few I barely notice ESF, or maybe I'm the luckiest guy on Miller.
    • Up x 1
  7. LodeTria

Knowing SOE they'd remove the shotguns but not give us a new AI weapon for months.

Public Shouting Argument
  8. t31os

What do you mean again, if you fire up every now and then, you'll get any updates you need and not have to download them all in one go. If you have the PTS client, much like the regular one, you have to update it when it gets patched, it's not rocket science.

If your client was upto date prior to this patch, it'll take less than a minute(it's tiny according to the reddit thread).

RE: The reddit thread

Maybe the data is just poorly laid out, but those changes look like they introduce some buffs with the nerfs, so i'll wait to see how i feel about the disco balls on live. I don't know how PPA is from the attackers PoV and there's far too few people ever on test, it would be pointless to try and gauge what a difference it has made, prior to it going on live. Though, if the reddit crowd is arranging a mass login onto PTS, i'm up for it!
  9. Prudentia

yes it got a removed and it was a nerf.
    as we had the same start for damage dropoff but a later ending our damage Profile was superior between 10~50 meters, which gave us an edge against Nanoweave users. basicly we had HVA equiped but didn't get the increased recoil
  10. \m/SLAYER\m/

and how about Phoenix - is it fixed?
    • Up x 1
  11. Ixidron

Game update 7

• All extra VS damage scaling at range has been removed. VS minimum damage now matches the damage scaling of the other two factions.
  12. S7rudL

The main problem with PPA is its annoying spam sound, screen shake maybe?
  13. Ixidron

No, vanu had more damage drop, it was a penalty and it got removed.

From Higby: In next week's update the higher damage scaling over distance on VS infantry weapons is being phased out.
    VS weapons will no longer have an additional damage penalty to offset their lack of bullet drop.
  14. WarmasterRaptor

15. Champagon

Posting this here so you guys read it

Turn the PPA into THIS! @ 22:11 in the video

• Up x 1
  16. Prudentia

yes and it was considered a nerf.
    the damage you do with an automatic weapon, especially a VS one with it's nice super FSM at 100m and higher is irrelevant. the damage you do at 20 or 30 meters on the other Hand is important.
    guess which damage got nerfed?
    • Up x 1
  17. Liberty

The only thing about this nerf that really matters is the starting CoF/Accuracy, as it stands right now once you get past 65-70 M you can try to shoot a stationary target and simply miss because this value. For a frame of reference, the Maurader once you account for drop is always a 2 shot kill because your projectile goes where you tell it too, the Cannister is between a 2 and 5 shot kill depending on your pellet spread (2 requires some head shots, 3-4 is the average). The PPA requires a minimum of 4 shots and upwards of 6-7 depending on where your projectile goes. *note* This is with letting the CoF completely reset, if you try to full auto, you wont kill a target in one mag at that distance.

Everything else is fine really, the ramped up RoF will shred people up close and you will not be able to get away. (Before it was easy enough to medkit tank your way to cover) The magazine size / reload speed changes don't make a huge difference.

The damage decrease requiring 4 "direct" hits seems a bit off as the canister is a potential 1 shot, marauder a 2 shot and it now suffers from the same (and in some cases worse) accuracy problems at range as the other two.
    • Up x 1
  18. Champagon

Meaning that you would have to reload after every infantry kill

6 shots to kill, only 12 in magazine, inaccurate as hell. ZOE levels achieved
  19. Nogrim313

we're pretty used to it at this point.

frankly this doesnt even look like a nerf that will address any of the whining.

we can now clip dump faster at short range so its going to tear up those infantry that could get close when the gunner wasn't paying attention, the panic spam just got a lot worse.

as far as spamming bases goes it actually got a whole lot better at spamming and area denial. it used to be clear what they were shooting at, now its just going to be random splash damage everywhere.

people complained about splash so they removed the direct damage?
  20. day ofm one

I allways thought the PPA was overperforming compared to NC and VS AI tank guns.

But Jesus ******** Christ.

A slight COF bloom increase and blast radius reduction could have done it.

No more 100% accurate spamming and splashing to death could have been enough.

It could still have killed infantry in few shots, you just had to aim a bit more accurate and release the trigger after 6 shots instead of spamming out a whole mag.

No need to nerf it into Oblivion.....

(I also think the Banshee is a bit extreme against infantry)