JUST IN: PPA nerfed!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by KO-tic, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Champagon

Incoming Saron Nerf.....AGAIN

I can see the threads now: "All vanu using saron" "Saron overused =OP" "Look at my cherry picked stats thread" "Damage fall off for saron"

Saron is the only faction specific MBT weapon that has any worth now. So what do you want us to do?
    • Up x 1
  2. pnkdth

Well, that's one way to doing it...

Hope this pattern continues over to other vehicle infantry-farm weapons.
  3. Paragon Exile

Almost every base in this game has nothing but small rooms in it, each no larger than 20X20. It's easy to say "kite it!" when you're outdoors or don't regularly fight it, but if there's a few scatmaxes on the point, barring a miracle you're going to take staggering losses before you can kill them, if you do. Then the medics just revive them :p

Seriously though they're a perfect storm of imbalance, the embodiment of bad ideas coalesced. I wish I could describe in words how much I hate them.
    • Up x 1
  4. Goretzu

The worst MAX? Blueshifts are great weapons, fair enough they use to merge exceedingly well with old ZOE, but now given that Charge is the best MAX ability most of the time (out of Lock-Down, Aegis Shield and ZOE), it is just a good weapon.

Blueshift wouldn't synegise particularly well with Aegis Shield, it probably would with Lock-down (as the Mercy does), but it's still a very nice MAX AI weapon without (arguably the best MAX AI weapon in many ways).
  5. pnkdth

When it comes to TR I think you mean your anti-infantry main cannon(AP/heat doesn't matter). Also, the marauder is not bad nor performing bad, and your Banshee is as OP as ever. I wish some TR would create characters of other factions just to get a glimpse of how it feels on the other end of things.

All factions zerg, all factions farm, all factions employ cheese. Opinions about X or Y faction being OP seem to depend solely on what faction is the most popular on whatever server you're playing on.
    • Up x 7
  6. maxkeiser

Really not difficult. One hit one kill. Halberd is often more efficient than PPA.
  7. WTSherman

Wait, AV grenade? That would let it damage every vehicle in the game. Most air units have no resistance at all to that type, the Galaxy only has 50%, MBTs have -100% (ie 2x damage), Lightnings have -50% (ie 1.5x damage)...

They better not change it to AV grenade. o_O

Unless you mean Light Anti-Vehicle Ordinance, which is the same as the Fury? It wouldn't get the same ridiculous multiplier then, but that would still make it the only ESAI that can also damage MBTs, Libs, and Gals.

Edit: Oh I see, ESAI weapons have their own separate damage type now.
  8. Pirbi

Would you like a canister?
    • Up x 5
  9. Plorf

Such a big nerf and they forgot to nerf the sound. And they doubled fire rate.

Vanu be praised, that's gonna be annoying as hell if it goes live.
    • Up x 1
  10. Xasapis

Indeed the worst MAX. On par with the other MAXes in their AI loadout, but outclassed in the AV loadout.

I didn't use PPA much anyway, my Magrider is almost strictly AV setup anyways. Clasifying however Banshee as on par with L-PPA is a misconception.

Actually the Enforcer outperforms Saron, though not by much.
    • Up x 3
  11. Zotamedu

The Marauder is not very useful on the Prowler since it's ability forces it to be used at long ranges where the marauder is utterly useless. The Halberd is quite effective against infnatry at all ranges and has the added ability to do good damage against vehicles. So you rarely see a Marauder on the MBT. It's a little more useful on the Harasser but people seem to prefer either Halberd for long range or Vulcan for short range.

According to The Oracle of Death, there was 270 unique Marauder users on the Prowler compared to 1118 PPA. The Harassers paints a similar picture, 805 PPA vs 423 Marauder.

If we look at how the different factions use the MBTs. VS mainly uses the PPA with the Saron a close second. NC mainly uses the Enforcer with a Halberd second. TR uses the Halberd with the Vulcan a far distant second. The Marauder is on the fourth place after the Basilisk. If I'm picking an AI top gun, I much prefer the Kobalt.

So once again, I welcome the VS to the game the rest of us has played for quite some time. Where the NS Halberd is the best all round weapon.
    • Up x 1
  12. Tommyp2006

Go ahead and start getting mad, SOE doesn't do mass refunds for weapons. They didn't do it for the Saron, they didn't do it for the Striker, they won't do it for the PPA
    • Up x 1
  13. Xasapis

Yea, and before the incoming nerf the PPA outperforms the Prowler Marauder by a whooping 14%, despite being used by 6 times the amount of vehicles. Not to mention that the PPA-H and Marauder-H have identical performance.

The problem here, as with ZOE, isn't that the weapon is massively outperforming their counterparts, but it is used in massive numbers compared to the counter parts.

One thing is certain, it will be interesting to see how VS will compensate in the vehicle AI department. Perhaps it will become strictly anti-armor.
    • Up x 2
  14. maxkeiser

Indeed. But whether NC/TR want to see 20 magriders coming towards them ALL armed with halberd is another question. Before the PPA nerf at least 50% of these would have been PPA carriers - not prepared to face armour. Now ALL magriders will be equipped for anti-armour operations.
    • Up x 3
  15. Huishe

Why do you care? It's just a PTS test, wait for it to go live and then test it like it should have been tested, on live!*

* - this post have been brought to you by the "Don't cry about PTS striker" vanu crowd
    • Up x 1
  16. RachelGomez

If you are NC it's immediate. Gotta buff NC more. If you are VS. Well, good luck. And all your new guns are situational garbage.
    • Up x 3
  17. Paragon Exile

The Terminus and Zenith are pretty good :3
  18. sindz

THing is, more TR are realizing that the maruader is actually good. Really good on a platform like the harasser.

http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=kpu&weapon1=6122&weapon2=6124&weapon3=6125

Actually its outperforming the PPA - and with the ridiculous hard nerf to PPA, guess whats next in line.
    • Up x 1
  19. dezusa

So thats 1k-ish spend certs(mbt and harasser) that I didnt really use, and after the PPA nerf, i probably wont use it even more :eek:
  20. Tycoh

You'll get it once players get a cert refund for the striker and the max lockdown.
    • Up x 1