JUST IN: PPA nerfed!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by KO-tic, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Ixidron

I though we were just naming random things that were perfectly fine.
    • Up x 1
  2. Paragon Exile

Hopefully this means Scatmaxes and the Banshee will be addressed as well soon. Wonder what the changes are.
    • Up x 5
  3. Winfield

I wish they removed NC MAX shotguns altogether and gave us proper guns instead. Enough of this shotgun BS.
    • Up x 11
  4. Paragon Exile

Preaching to the choir brother.
    • Up x 6
  5. Paragon Exile

Just checked the changes.

Holy ******** goodness ******* gracious, PPA is the new ZOE.
    • Up x 1
  6. Stormsinger

The canister's tightened CoF makes it much better at ranged AI then it used to be - you can still remove infantry at range, it just takes a few more shots. It's not good at range, but it's phenomenal at short range point defense. The Saron takes 4-5 direct hits to remove infantry now - with 6 maximum shots, high CoF bloom, and negligible splash - it really is quite terrible. The Saron nerf is when the serious PPA spam started - prior to the saron AI nerf patch, the PPA had received nothing but buffs, since no one was using it.

People like versatility - when there isn't any gear with versatility remaining, people use the gear that's good at what it's intended for. When that gets nerfed, and all that's left is hobbled, ineffective poo cannons...

That's when people start leaving the game.
    • Up x 5
  7. Ixidron

Banshees are fine, they are equipped into ESFs and it's really hard to kill with them, I think I got killed by banshees like 5 times this month.

Scatmaxes are both op and useless, sure is a OHK, but shotguns only work for door camping and biolab farming, it's time to get rid of them and have proper AI guns like VS&TR.
    • Up x 1
  8. Winfield

Can't say I'm not happy about it though. PPA sounds in bases were often enough for me to redeploy to a fight against TR and their banshees.
    • Up x 1
  9. sindz

... what? Banshee is insanely OP and broken atm, requires 0 skill as its explosive rounds.
    • Up x 1
  10. abaddun

Holy **** they doubled the ROF. Watch out TR, I am going to make your ears bleed.
  11. barunedpat

Whenever I try to use the banshee I am either stalked by anti air ESF or chased away by burstermax/skyguard. Please show me how I can find a use for this weapon :/
    • Up x 1
  12. Champagon

Guess this makes it official. If you whine about something hard enough on the official forums it will get rekt. Good to know
    • Up x 2
  13. Spude

Well you gotta keep your aim on the target and then reload because the mag size is very small.

With light PPA on scythe you don't even need to reload nor aim and it has much longer effective range since it doesn't have bullet drop or CoF.
    • Up x 2
  14. MarkAntony

Yay I'll finally be able to fight VS again.
    • Up x 2
  15. Rabbitz

Remove direct hit damage = almost halve direct hit damage.
    Decrease refire time 400 to 200 ms, decrease reload time 4 to 2.5s = increase fire rate.
    Resist type from explosion splash to vehicle grenade = it can damage ESF and Valkyrie.

So, what I understand is it will become to a gun that fire a burst of weak energy blast instead of slow high damage sustaining fire.
    It will empty a mag faster and give an infantry roughly 2s to find an another place to die hide.
    • Up x 2
  16. NoctD

Scatmaxes aren't the real issues. NC Ravens are absolutely ridiculous. Pick your targets properly... Ravens are just insane, IMO they're better than even the original TR Fractures, but people just didn't know how to use them previously.
    • Up x 3
  17. Champagon

/facedesk

Can i get a cert refund? Seriously guys this is no longer funny.....
  18. sindz

Mag size doesnt matter when your target melts in 0,1 sec and you dont even have to hit with your bullets so COF isnt a big deal either. Light PPA is a slow *** orb that requires you to stay hover / fly in a straight line for longer periods of time = dead ESF.
  19. Haquim

Are you sure about the damage type?
    I don't have all the whole resist/damagetype matrix in my head, but that sounds like your ESAI secondary just got transformed into the ultimate AV weapon... which also happens to kill infantery sometimes.

I have seen Scythes hovering 200m away and spamming the PPA into the base. There is no need to get even remotely close enough for dumbfires to hit you. Unlike the AH. And the Banshee is pretty much the middle ground regarding range/dps
    • Up x 1
  20. Acceleratio

Lol this reminds me a little bit of the Beta and release times PPA... you know the one everyone was calling useless.
    Im glad I dont use vehicles in this game doesnt seem to be worth the effort since everything gets nerved eventually.

I would really like to see some decent "balancing" for example instead of nerving making the other facionts equivalents stronger and more usefull. All utilitys are used until players can "abuse it" that why we see this stream of never ending "OP plz nerf" threads. Mark my words even the Kobalt will get nerved once everyone uses it for AI once everything esle is crap!

Then again... I dont do mags and Harrasers so... whatever
    • Up x 1