JUST IN: PPA nerfed!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by KO-tic, Oct 15, 2014.

1. KO-tic

• Up x 2
  2. sindz

Now nerf scatmax and banshee

EDIT: Double the refire time, so now its basicly a kobalt. Great imagination.
    • Up x 7
  3. NC_agent00kevin

That thread is full of lulz with VS saying things like 'Canister is good at range' and 'Saron is useless against Infantry'. At least I now know that using Reddit is not worth my time to discuss things pertaining to Planetside 2
    • Up x 16
  4. Ixidron

And blueshifts.
  5. Goretzu

To be honest I think 1/2 the damage, but double the RoF would probably be a buff to the ScatMAX (at least with a mag size buff anyway).
    • Up x 2
  6. Winfield

Please, join the discussion VS! I have waited for this!

[IMG]
    • Up x 19
  7. sindz

Why do i have to DL the entire god damn PTS client again? not downloading 9gb to test 1 gun
  8. Archiadus

If all that is true then I fear for future nerfs as it seems that they'll be going full Striker on things that need adjustments now. :eek:
  9. abaddun

Alright, if that's what it's going to be, we just have to adapt, but I want to point out that the striker was buffed within the month of it being redesigned to a broken state. I would like a similar response with the PPA.
  10. sindz

don't count on it. Like all VS gear, it takes 6-18moths before getting a balance touch.
    • Up x 2
  11. Winfield

Yeah, just like ZoE did.

Oh wait...
    • Up x 4
  12. sindz

Yes? Count how many months ZoE was broken and then tell me how many months it has been like it is now, aka completely useless and not 1 single advantage of picking it.
    • Up x 2
  13. fuzzbuzzputty

I think to make up for all the easy kills and spoiling fights they should make the PPA shoot glowing disco balls that launch magic, healing rainbows at nearby players for a month.
    • Up x 1
  14. abaddun

The original Vulcan/fractures/lockdown all had at least 2 months of breaking the game before being toned down.
  15. Stormsinger

SoE's nerf methodology was first implemented with the original Everquest, in 1999. This was the game in which the term "nerf" was coined, in this context. SOE invented nerfs. I'm not surprised.

I used to get angry, but it's just the way they do things. It's almost as if they have an entire department for each aspect of each item, but they choose nerfs independently of one another, resulting in castrated gear. After almost two decades of this, my reaction to the above nerf is thus:
    [IMG]

I will say this for them, however - this nerf was implemented in steps. If this goes live, i'm eager to see whether or not my prediction of everyone flocking to Kobalts will occur.
    • Up x 2
  16. Xasapis

Well, Saron is useless against infantry. As for the Canister range, it's pretty good, but any kind of obstacle and all it's power is diminished (in other words, if it finds you in the open, you're screwed, otherwise you can avoid damage completely)
    Why on earth would you nerf Blueshifts? Because they are marginally better than Mercies on the worst MAX overall in the game?.
  17. Winfield

Canister was broken and useless since beta and it's still mediocre at best and only a gun you'll use if you want a challenge/flavour to the game.

It is "alright" now, but I still wouldn't use it over a Halberd/Enforcer.
    • Up x 1
  18. Pirbi

The PPA spam was hitting the wall outside a base on Indar and still damaging people inside. If any faction needs a weapon that only requires hitting the broad side of a barn, it should go to NC.
    • Up x 7
  19. Archiadus

I used to think that there was some sort of complicated process behind it but overtime I've started to get more and more convinced that this is how it gets decided which weapon gets what nerf / buff.

Fair warning: does contain some fake-animal cruelty:
  20. Xasapis

The overnerfs are dictated by a simple reasoning, they want people to stop using that particular weapon. That's the reason they killed ZOE, VS were pulling twice the MAXes because of it. That's the reason they'll completely obliterate PPA, they want people to stop using it, because right now VS use it 6 times more than the NC and TR use their options.

Indirect damage is still there.
    • Up x 1