Emerald Wins SS again vs Miller.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shanther, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Shanther

The only loss Waterson TECHINCALLY had was MergerSmash but even that is rather ehhhhhhhhhhh. A lot of people just call that one a tie due to all of the BS that happened.
    • Up x 5
  2. miraculousmouse

Aren't you from Connery. Connery got rekt by Emerald, and the surfer brahs and other westerners said "dude, it's just one server smash.." then you guys get rekt by every other server you play lol..
  3. miraculousmouse

We beat Cobalt while playing NC i'm pretty sure. Don't make excuses.
  4. DatVanuMan

When will you non-Watersonian and Matthersinian fools understand?
    Emerald.
    Is.
    SUPERIOR.
    And that's all there is to it, we can thank His Wrelness for that.
    • Up x 1
  5. pnkdth

I'm not, the initial post by me included NC as well(as it why VS/NC gets chosen), and IMO the big draw to NC are scatMAX/canisterHarasser. Of course there are other factors, such as what outfits are playing and what faction they prefer. Just making clear, not an excuse for losing(I wasn't even playing).

Emerald won fair and square, indeed, congrats on a well played game.
  6. Yuukikun

you are mistaking popular with most spoken. Go anywhere in the world and you will find a ton of people speaking english. Mandarin is the most spoken because of the disgustingly high amount of chinese, but apart from china and a bit of asia around it, it's barely spoken at all.
  7. Xasapis

8. ATRA_Wampa-One

Scat MAXes didn't actually get pulled a whole lot by Emerald. Canister harassers did (since we have a dedicated harasser outfit and they play in team 1) but the main reason why NC was chosen was because our air has constantly begged for the Reaver since the first SS, and when Miller chose VS they got their wish.
  9. pnkdth

From a spectator perspective(saw the match on Twitch) I saw a healthy amount of MAX units, and some truly massive MAX crashes versus Miller. That said, the stats obviously showed a rich use of HAs due to the high number of kills with the Anchor, and your FC said in the after-game talks this was due to the redeployside meta.

In either case, despite being a millerite, Emerald put on a good show.
  10. Benwah

I have met many non-native English speakers that speak better English than I, a native speaker, do. They should be counted too, because they can communicate in English.

Besides, I don't believe that there is a huge number of Chinese players on the US or EU servers. I could be wrong about that though.

edit: Corrected typo that turned the last sentence into a (probably) racist pun. :oops:
  11. Paragon Exile

English has the largest number of speakers in the world over the largest geographical area, followed/,matched by Spanish. Mandarin Chinese is spoken only a few places outside of SE Asia and then only in pockets and certain communities. There's no way to know for sure, and many articles fail to realize this, but upwards of 2.5 billion people know some English to the extent they can function around native speakers, far in excess of the hundreds of millions of native and adopted speakers pointed out elsewhere. The same holds for Spanish, and to an extent French and Portuguese.

"Not knowing English" is an excuse. Even if it were correct (which in this case it was I hear) it's the fault of the team for not making accommodations to account for this.
    • Up x 1
  12. Xasapis

Oh, my comment was irrelevant to the salami contest happening in this thread.
  13. Paragon Exile

Oh.

Salami is ******* delicious though.
  14. Draczar

Miller would totally beat Emerald in a game of Top Trumps though.
  15. Moz

Nope im form Miller.....

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428010917244598865

You can see at the top next to my name.

+1, tractors or supercars?
  16. novicez

Can't really properly nerf the missiles without making it borderline useless to be honest. It's more of an issue when used en-masse rather on a per unit basis. I think that they should make flares have like 5-8 second cooldown so that even with coyote + a2a spam are used, there would be real viable counters against them other than just going all out yolo on the other pilot and hoping he/she is a worse pilot.
  17. Flag

Then make them "useless" for single ESFs.
  18. xDesideratus

Dear everyone:
  19. Xasapis

Let this non constructive thread die please.