Magriders should just be allowed to fly

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Archlyte, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Bruhja

I agree with this totally gunner/driver on a MBT has got to be the stupidest concept I have ever seen in this game. it seems to me like every step of the way the Dev's try to remove the TEAMWORK OUT OF EVERYTHING!!!. The gunner and driver should be separate in an MBT

Planetsite 1 was no fun solo and this Version is more fun solo than in a team.

The Dev's don't get it, and clearly they have no understanding of it.
  2. EGuardian1

Why should I pay money into F2P game if I can't play the way I want? Soloing IS fun, but it's not as effective as teamwork, but it's still a viable way to play this game and SOE is here to make money at the end of it all. Our fun is just a way to get to that. Making it teamwork only lowers the overall market.
  3. Demigan

You missed the part where Magriders number 1 enemy is infantry?
  4. maxwell smart

hmm its easy to kill mags as nc....
    ask my dual ravens we loves magriders good yummy exp ^^
    if u play tr i would say ur right and i feel u, but as nc...
    stop nagging and get some good guns^^
  5. Xasapis

It's not that hard to happen. While somebody trying to C4 a Magrider has the added difficulty of a tank that never stays still, the driver himself is practically blind from all directions but front. It is by far the easiest tank to flank, due to the very restrictive field of view.
    • Up x 4
  6. Edelhonk

yes...finally the moment where the purple ones come with the numbers and say that the prowlers mains are soooooo overperforming.

ok...lets play the numbers game...but this time we watch both weapons together because they are sticked to the same vehicle and when you kill the vehicle the secondary is also gone..and its average kill per "UNITS"

the normal fitted mag you see these (PA-spamming) days comes with FPC + PPA...now lets combine those 2

FPC KPU 8.59 + PPA KPU 9.23...well...thats 17.82

lets see what a prowler does in the same setup

P2-120-AP 9.83 + P525 Marauder 7.63....wtf...only 17.46...isnt that number lower...and i thought the prowler is soooo OP.

but lets check some more combinations

lets begin with a full AP combi (i know...Saron is sooo bad now cause it cant instagib Infantry with 1 shot anymore..well...it needs only 3 with this poor pinpoint accurracy of the Saron...poor Vanoobs...come to mommy and get a hug)

FPC 8.59 + Saron 3.99....12.58

now the Prowler

P2 AP 9.83 + Vulcan 2.39....12.21...hoooooooooooold on...its again lower...wtf

ok..but now we take full HE anti squishy setup...here the Prowler wins for sure cause its THEIR thing, right?

VPC 12.85 + PPA 9.23 .....22.08

P2 HE 13.64 + Marauder 7.63.....21.27.....WTF!!!!!!...........how could this be...all the myths about the TR as Masterrace of Infantry farming....GONE....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

should i go on?

but heh...heres my challenge for you...go and find at least 3 combinations where the prowler has a better average KPU then a magrider with the same combination (except the 2 AA sec-weapons cause they are so heavyly underused)
    • Up x 2
  7. Alkezo

So.. what you're telling us (besides using inaccurate comparisons) is that the differences amongst the Prowler and Magrider including secondaries are so little that there's no justifiable reason to complain about VS?

According to your numbers:
    VPC + PPA 22.08
    P2 HE + Marauder 21.27

That's a whole 3% difference.

FPC + Saron 12.58
    P2 AP + Vulcan 12.21

Again, 3% difference.
    • Up x 4
  8. Ztiller

Since you dont like numbers, here try this one instead:

//Higby
    • Up x 3
  9. Edelhonk

So tell me where am i inaccurate.

ITS still 3% ...so tell me more about how weak the mag is (so many VS inkluding you trying to tell us that again and again here)

Btw...the gap is even bigger with other combinations
  10. Edelhonk

was that the same Higglesworth who said the Striker 3.0 in its first version from patch 10/2 is too strong?...ahhh...yeah...

I had the pleasure to meet Higby myself few times. He is a fine guy and a great man to talk with about the game or other stuff but he is far from beeing all-knowing what goes on in his game and what is good and what isnt. Thats why he has a staff of ppl, you know

i showed you that the prowler may be the biggest infantry killer in this game with his main but he is outclasses by the mag with every combination when it comes to how effectiv the vehicle as a whole package is.
    And btw...your purple friends started the numbers game...not me...but i showed you that i can play it too...seems this pisses you off, huh?

Btw...something personal
    If we had you in the belance department of SOE ZOE would be still in the game in the first version, PPA would get back the ammo it losts few patches ago and Striker would be the same it was with patch 10/2...god bless you arent.
  11. Paragon Exile

Infantry kill more tanks than other tanks.

You didn't show anything.

The difference is biased in favour of the Prowler when it uses AP + Halberd and not the Vulcan, this takes five seconds to find out.

You don't need to insult to get a point across.
    • Up x 1
  12. Huishe

That sounds like having fun, not like being terrible at using tanks.
  13. Xasapis

I got a few observations on my own. HE right now is really unpopular. Like five times less popular than any other option. This is true for all three MBTs:

4008 - P2-120 AP | Uniques | Daily Average: 1334.55
    4000 - P2-120 HEAT | Uniques | Daily Average: 1892.65
    4009 - P2-120 HE | Uniques | Daily Average: 275.90

Kills don't follow exactly the same pattern. AP is a lot more lethal than HEAT:

4008 - P2-120 AP | Kills | Daily Average: 13322.71
    4000 - P2-120 HEAT | Kills | Daily Average: 10753.81
    4009 - P2-120 HE | Kills | Daily Average: 3787.77

Now, your observation got me thinking. Why would the developers say that Prowler is the best infantry killing machine, when as you pointed out, any combination of 2/2 will bring the Magrider as better? Well, the answer is simple:

Prowlers don't run in 2/2. You get two Prowlers in 1/2, both using their main cannon.

Try those numbers now with the above in mind.

(For the record, I too think that PPA needs to be toned down. Not entirely sure what the toning down will be. However, I wouldn't like it to happen before the updated Canister and AI Vulcan is in place first)
  14. Spude

Imo magriders are just fine as tanks and tank vs tank. But i hate it when 90% of time magriders are used to float top of hills at bases and just spraying the base full of ppa / he.

And the constant noise of the PPA really rustles my jimmies.
  15. Murx

Base AV turrets should be allowed to fly, not magriders :rolleyes:
  16. MonnyMoony

I'm the same with the whistling sound some of the other factions rockets make (e.g.Phoenix)
  17. Xasapis

Or the shelling of a base by Prowler fire. The constant explosion barrage drains any other sound. At least they took the screen shake back.
  18. maxkeiser

More complaining.

The magrider is virtually made of paper. Even good pilots get wrecked when caught out or extending too far. Magriders are just no match for an even half skilled Prowler/Vanguard driver.

Magriders are slower, have less damage and difficult to control in groups (they crash into each other).

Whenever vanguards meet magriders the vanguards destroy them. Vanguards just need to push forwards in a group, with speed. The magriders stand no chance in open ground (say the north of Indar).

At the moment I'd say the balance overall is good. The magrider is a hit and run vehicle, unable to go toe to toe.
    • Up x 1
  19. Diilicious

if something very heavy (a tank) is repelling the force of gravity, be it by a jet engine or *Dr Evil fingers* "magnetic forces" then there is still a FORCE being exerted downwards keeping the object aloft and so going beneath said thing will still be fatal. the heavier the object the more force is being pushed down to keep it up. so you would still be crushed (probably actually more dramatically and horrifically than being run over by an actual tank, since you can miss the treads if you are lucky and thus be safe, the magriders entire underside would be pushing down on the ground, so youd be epically screwed regardless of where it moved over you)

can magriders float over deep water? i dont know if they can, if they cant its because the water isnt solid enough to maintain its shape when the *Dr Evil* "Magnetic forces" push down on its surface. It would just push the water out of the way and so they would still sink.
  20. Huishe

Wrong, maybe it's just a giant baloon with hot and light gas inside.