The State of Emerald

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JonNathe, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Ceiu

Not to **** on your parade, but a non-insignificant number people don't fight VS on Emerald because a stupidly large number of your members (specifically, GOKU members, sadly) are toxic ********. Moving to TR won't fix that problem. Do the entire server a favor and cut those members from your ranks. Either that or petition SOE to make "/ignore add-outfit <outfit>" a thing.

I know I, personally, am already at the point where I'll either redeploy or quit when I see a large number of FRZA or capsule corp members in a fight.
  2. ATRA_Wampa-One

Please post or PM me with names of the offenders/offenses so that appropriate action regarding their behavior can be administered accordingly.
  3. miraculousmouse

I am shooting people in the spawn room when the base is going to flip to cancel redeploys. "Preventing cowardice". :D
  4. Pirbi

Never really noticed a problem with GOKU personality. Don't read yell chat. Problem solved. And just fight them more. If I am PL, I almost always head toward VS. Because that is where the fight is. You won't improve fighting TR/NC.
  5. Axehilt

It's not pop. It is something else: bad decision-making. They don't have a legit reason not to fight the VS, and it only hurts themselves to make the mistake of avoiding them. Whether the bad decisions were made as a result of not understanding strategy basics, or out of fear, it doesn't really matter.

Your post carries the strong implication that these factions are playing badly out of fear, which is why despite disagreeing with my 'cowardice' comment you seem to be indirectly supporting that theory.

You're describing an unskilled player who loses to a skilled opponent, and then blames the opponent that the match wasn't even.

I hope you can see how ironic that is. Wouldn't it be more logical for the unskilled player to say "Wait a second, I'm the one who sucks, it's my job to stop sucking if I want to make a competition out of this!" It's ridiculous to imply the skilled player is in the wrong for making things uncompetitive.
  6. FocusLight

Once again, another, YET ANOTHER guy who didn't get it. Okay.

I'll spell it out for you.

THE TR AND NC SEEM TO BE AVOIDING FIGHTING THE VS BECAUSE THE VS ARE NOT *FUN* TO FIGHT AGAINST.

It's not that TR and NC are cowards. That's your elitism and bloated sense of self-worth talking. "We are so awesome the dare not fight us!" - Reign that ego in a bit, please.

The problem is, VS are very zergy and very smacky. The first is due to a variety of factors that's hard to control and VS should not have to contain that anyhow, but the latter is something VS players can very much control on their own.

You want more fights with the TR and NC? Try not being an obnoxious, annoying, juvenile fool about it, and CAN IT with the smack and silly /yell antics.

Maybe, just maybe, when the TR/NC don't have to deal with that on top of everything else, everything else seem like it has a point to it, like it might just be fun to do, so maybe they will go do that sometime.

Hauling heavy cargo up a hill is hard enough, but hauling heavy cargo up a hill while a bunch of brats are basically harassing you from the side of the trail is down-right un-fun and you wonder what the point of it all is.

The VS has mostly become toxic, if the reports from Emerald TR and NC is to be believed. Maybe if you were to purge yourself people would want to go play with you.

You can start by containing that elitist attitude of yours where you KEEP blaming the TR and NC, calling them cowards who are 'terrible',doing it wrong and so on and so forth.

If this is the case, every single NC who plays on Emerald should memorize your name and TK you on sight, all day every single day. Because when a base is about to drop, I intentionally ask people over proxy to re-deploy out and NOT GIVE THE ENEMY ANY CERTS, because if they stick around they will be farmed in seconds and become certs for their opponents. Worse, by lingering the advance forces of the enemy are already in the next base. Better to re-deploy ahead of time to avoid becoming certs and to dig in some defense on the next base before the enemy force get's there.

And you are actively hindering this, out of some misguided sense of internet courage or whatever.

Really, if you do this, every.single.NC should murder you dead on sight.
  7. ATRA_Wampa-One

They're not.

Everything that you've accused the VS on Emerald of doing you (a) have no basis accusing another faction of such things unless you have first hand account of, which you don't since you don't even play on that server (b) you're being just as smug and elitist as what you are accusing the VS of with your accusations of "VS on Emerald isn't fighting the way I have dictated as right and therefore is wrong" when again you have zero grasp of what's actually happening since you don't actually play on that server (c) /y is part of Emerald culture and has been a part of Emerald since the merger when every single outfit on the server has adopted it's use, not just VS ones however you once again have no concept of that because you don't actually play on Emerald.

I however do play on Emerald, both TR and VS and do know what's going on from first hand knowledge and the #1 problem with TR/NC on Emerald is poor leadership from it's outfits. This isn't speculation anymore, it's objective fact since all it took for the TR on the server was one platoon of coordinated players to change the tide of TR getting rolled constantly in alerts to winning constantly. Not MLG players, and not BR100 players, just a group of around 50 coordinated players can turn either faction around.
  8. Crator

I can't speak for the TR but for the NC, they simply don't care about alerts or territory ownership (unless it's a tech plant). It's that simple actually...
  9. ajma

I'm Emerald VS. Most of us are not like this and I'm sure I'm not the only one who sends tells to his victims giving tips on how to get better.
  10. Ronin Oni

You play last weekend?

Cause TR just had a nice lil resurgence and pulled their **** together. It was quite fun actually :D
  11. Ronin Oni

I wouldn't waste my effort with a tell "get rekt" unless you particularly deserved it...

but teabagging? oh, those are in it for sure if opportunity is granted.

Why even get ******** about it though? See, we're laughing. It's all fun and games.

I even laugh when I see an enemy teabagging my corpse. Usually with an explicit involved like "Oh that cheeky ****** is Baggin me! Can someone shoot him?" while laughing.
  12. Lethal_Sting

You should trademark that. :p
  13. Sebastien

14. Linedan

A lot of the time, VS on Emerald are no fun to fight because it seems like they never give up, they just find another platoon to throw in to a renewed attack. You can have a good time holding off a tough 24v24 attack and all of a sudden there's 72 VS there instead of 24 and you get steamrolled by PPAs and waves of infantry with directive weapons. And fully a third of them are fully ****** BR 100s that will own a scrub like me 100% of the time.

Funny thing is, I've seen VS do stuff like this with a severe pop disadvantage on a continent (like, 29/33/38). It's that superior command and control, they're far and away the best of the three factions at focusing their resources. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck to be on the receiving end of it though.
  15. DramaticExit

I cannot click the like button enough times to show how much I like this post.
  16. Fellgnome

No... there's a difference between psychological warfare and being a doosh in a video game...especially one with completely imbalanced numerical advantages.
    • Up x 1
  17. Crator

Stop taking the VS zergs so seriously... Honestly, if you are that outnumbered why are you even sticking around? Redeploy to a fair and worthwhile fight... If your team starts to outnumber the enemy then redeploy to a different fair fight or go start one yourself... Pretty basic stuff and no need for someone to tell you to do it... Learn to read the map and adjust to the changes accordingly and you'll have a good game session...
  18. DxAdder

I can't believe people are complaining about the VS and Zerging.

All 3 factions do it and lets be honest without a zerg the TR would be warp gate locked all the time.
    • Up x 1
  19. Axehilt

1. Literally the only downside to fighting against the VS is you have to fight them as TR/NC emerald. That's not a comment on TR/NC weaponry, which is fine, but on the general lack of organizational. I wouldn't even say TR/NC have less skilled players, as I feel each faction has plenty of very skilled players.
    2. Using teamwork to win is the point of the game. You can choose to demonize it as "zerging". There is almost no advantage to doing so. You just lose more and try to make yourself feel better about losing by implying there's something wrong with using teamwork.
    3. Keep in mind I'm not VS. I play everything (and my TR playtime is highest actually.) I don't know who you're used to talking to in forums, but this isn't some ego about being VS, it's actually mostly frustration at wanting TR/NC not to suck so hard when I play those characters (which has been a lot lately.)
    4. In a 3-way FFA when the underdogs fight one another, they lose. It's not "elitist" to point this out. It's a simple fact. You'd have to be pretty immature to TK someone for pointing out a simple, obvious fact.
  20. snail

Crator said,
    Yea, cuz that's exactly what SOE intended.