Saturday night, and Emerald TR is......wait...they're doing well?!?!?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vertabrae, Oct 4, 2014.

1. FocusLight

Would you perhaps prefer then, that SOE just blanket nerf the PPA to the point where it's blatantly not usable anymore and you have to run NS AI weapons on your tanks and Harassers just to have a hope of killing infantry? Because if some limitations are not put on the PPA to stop it from being used on about 80% of all VS vehicles, THAT IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN.

Don't believe me? Striker.
  2. ATRA_Wampa-One

Uhh, we already ran NS weapons on one of our classes until the Terminus came out a few months ago since it was legit better than any other AR we had and we continue to run NS pistols because our ES selection still sucks.

Your ESRL is in the middle of getting tuned so it's as effective as the Lancer/Phoenix (i.e. unique mechanic but only really useful in groups) is a good thing and can't wait to explore how to make it OP with teamwork since the one thing GOKU understands is that teamwork is the most OP thing in the game... which you seem to be really frustrated about for some reason.

Sorry GOKU utilizes teamwork to great effect but instead of complaining about how teamwork is OP the better option... and I'm just spitballing here, is to use teamwork yourself since unlike 0.75 ADS Orion's it's not a trait that's unique to one faction unless they're too lazy to equip it.
  3. Ranik

AHAHAHAHA.

None of the damage potential.
    None of the muzzle velocity.
    None of the Control.

Plus 3 seconds of exposure for considerably less damage.

Oh yeah... Fantastic in groups. If your goal is to suck and die.
  4. ATRA_Wampa-One

You mean it needs to be tuned still... like the Phoenix and Lancer had to be when they were released?

Good think I never mentioned that at all in the post you quoted...
  5. Jaedrik

If this was GOKU's doing. . .
    THEN IT GOES TO SHOW THAT WE NEED TE BACK.
    And teamwork op pls nerf
    Seriously, if this was such an easy thing to do and took no skill, you'd have all outfits in all factions doing this same thing and there would be hard-fought battles every inch of the way. Organization and leadership is not 'cheap', it is duly rewarded with VICTORY.
  6. Ronin Oni

Proof new striker is OP!

:p

Seriously though, I played Sat night and LOVED that the TR were doing good. Felt like old Jaeger days!

I tried using my new Striker... uggh. Needs more velocity. Maybe then it's lower damage would feel ok.
  7. Mustarde

In reading this thread I have a few comments

1. Every time a GOKU redeploys, an angel loses its wings

2. This thread is proof that ZOE is overpowered

3. Every time I am fighting with other players in the same hex, I feel immense shame for zerging, and immediately leave to go hunting for bad guys alone in an empty hex to preserve my honor.

4. GOKU actually has it written in their bylaws that they must out populate the enemy 2:1 in order to type in yell chat. Any violations are dealt with. Harshly.

Source: I was in their Zerg platoon on Saturday and swear on my honor that the following statements are true
    • Up x 1
  8. Ronin Oni

^This is true.

Lancer & Phoenix both have lower DPS, just like Striker does, and are only good at harassment if you don't have a team of them.

I still use them solo myself when the situation is right... mostly hoping someone else will see me and come join me. Even 2 people make them pretty effective.

But solo Lancer just makes enemy tanks hide behind more cover and more scared to advance at long range... you can kinda slow them down a lil bit.

Solo Phoenix makes tanks back off a little, or go further behind cover for repairs.

Neither will net you a kill unless they're already under attack by friendly armor/air
    • Up x 1
  9. sL360

I don't understand why people can't see this. I rolled a phoenix guy in a spawn room once and I sat in there for like 15 minutes farming the magriders camped outside the base and I got 22k xp for standing in my ******* SPAWN point, COMPLETELY protected from outside harm. So help the enemy engineers when another friend with a phoenix joins me because we usually melt a sunderer spawning the enemy within two minutes, all the while standing in complete comfort.

I can't say anything much about the Lancer though. I've been able to snipe ESF's out of the sky, and harass heavy tanks, but haven't caused near the amount of chaos with as I have with my phoenix. I just don't play Vanu much since they merged with Emerald. It's not like they need the extra help anyhow.

Still, not entirely sure why I see people complain so much about the Lancer being hard to aim. Once you get past that learning curve, you're sniping MAX suits, fighters and clueless lightning drivers left and right.
    • Up x 1
  10. ATRA_Wampa-One

I would say a velocity buff would be the #1 thing I would want on the Striker to bring it up to par, followed by the Coyote mechanic working with ground vehicles, followed by the rapid fire mechanic (in conjunction with an COF buff) working while ADSing which is suppose to be implemented but can't due to a bug.

So the Striker needs a bug worked out and a velocity buff before I can really even comment on it's effectiveness and if it needs further buffs.

While I can confirm that all of the above is true, especially about ZOE being OP, Mustarde has no honor for him to swear on.
  11. Ronin Oni

Velocity + Coyote tracking on Armor might actually be too much.

I'd like to see it buffed one step at a time to avoid over-buffing, and then counter over-nerfing to never become proper again.
  12. ATRA_Wampa-One

Completely agree with you, but I'm saying that the coyote mechanic working on ground vehicles would be something I would support over increasing it's per rocket damage. If the bug fix and velocity buff (and we're talking 300m/s velocity) brings it to just below par with the Lancer/Phoenix then yeah the coyote mechanic on ground vehicles would be too much... so probably increasing it's magazine size by 1 would bring it up to even.
  13. FocusLight

That sound you hear is the point of TR's annoyance flying right over your head.

TR don't complain about the Striker because it's not OP on it's own, we are annoyed with it because it's complete crap in all situations.

The Grounder is flat-out superior. ALL LAUNCHERS ARE SUPERIOR TO IT. So in other words, not even a huge group of Striker users will make the Striker "OP" or even "Useful" because that huge group might as well use Grounders or Annies and triple their effectiveness.

Lancers and Phoenixes are useful when used solo and devastating when used in organized groups, the Striker sucks in all situations.

You also seem to have completely missed the point *I* made in the post you quoted. Try again.
    • Up x 1
  14. ATRA_Wampa-One

Yes, because the VS has never had anything that was obviously OP nerfed into the ground before. Nope (ZOE) that's (ZOE) never (ZOE) happened (ZOE). And I do use lockdown on my TR max to great effect and I have seen a bunch of aegis shield users when I play against NC. The only time I've seen a ZOE max is when GOKU runs them for comedy disco crashes.

But hey, it's cool that the TR is getting the Striker revamped that's currently underway right now... which means it's not finished being tuned... which is what I said if you bothered to actually read what I wrote.

Never mind that VS AR's and pistols are the weakest of all three empires as opposed to a single weapon and probably won't get looked at because VS weapons don't get balance passes unless they need nerfs.

Obviously you missed the two other posts I made on this very page where I've completely supported buffs to the current Striker to bring it up to par with the Phoenix and Lancer in effectiveness.

Lets try to keep up with the conversation.
  15. Sardaukar

You just provided a textbook example of how the core VS outfits handle redeployside. Pretty much word for word, even; It's protocol at this point to mention how many squads from which outfit is moving where when you move them. When we do overload a base or deploy multiple squads to an empty one, it's frowned on but done because we expect a larger enemy group to be hitting that base shortly.

I was hoping your answer would be on the order of multiple platoons, but this is acceptable fodder for mild rebuke.
  16. FocusLight

Yes, because the VS has never had anything that was obviously OP nerfed into the ground before.The Striker example was to high-light that if a small tweak to bring a weapon or ability or whatever in line with it'as alternatives is not done, the alternative is likely going to be a very overzealous nerf across the board. You missed my point. AGAIN. Nope (ZOE) that's (ZOE) never (ZOE) happened (ZOE). I'm aware. I might as well have used ZOE as an example, but Striker is far more recent. And I do use lockdown on my TR max to great effect and I have seen a bunch of aegis shield users when I play against NC. I ma not complaining about the Striker nerf, or the lock-down (I actually like Prowler LD) or the Aegis sheild or whatever... I was making a point and used Striker as an example. Once again, you missed my point. The only time I've seen a ZOE max is when GOKU runs them for comedy disco crashes.

But hey, it's cool that the TR is getting the Striker revamped that's currently underway right now... which means it's not finished being tuned... which is what I said if you bothered to actually read what I wrote. I'm just going to repeat myself for effect here - Missed my point, have you. Improve your reading skills, you must.

Never mind that VS AR's and pistols are the weakest of all three empires as opposed to a single weapon and probably won't get looked at because VS weapons don't get balance passes unless they need nerfs. Careful with the projection and whining there. It sounds like your saying that *ALL* VS assault rifles and pistols suck without exception. That either makes you the most entitled elitist I've seen in a while, unable to appreciate the good weapons you do have in those categories, or someone very fond of hyperbole.

Obviously you missed the two other posts I made on this very page where I've completely supported buffs to the current Striker to bring it up to par with the Phoenix and Lancer in effectiveness. I did not care to "be part of the conversation." I was responding directly to you. Unless I quote anything in my posts or make direct references or comments to something you really should not assume I'm involved in the conversation.

Lets try to keep up with the conversation.When I feel like bothering with the conversation itself, yes. I was responding to you, directly.

By now my point should be clear, it's been made in previous posts and repeating them several times more is not constructive. Unless you got anything fresh to add for me I'll take my leave of this conversation.
  17. ATRA_Wampa-One

Wait... you think the PPA is still OP after the latest round of nerfs?

Like that's literally your problem with VS?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

OMG, you cannot be serious can you?

Literally every stat that oracle of death has with regards to the PPA says that it's now about equal balance wise with the marauder and canister on MBT & Harasser... unless you think that having an average KPU of greater than 3 isn't balanced... because that would mean that the Banshee is more OP in relation to the Light PPA/Air Hammer than the PPA is to the Canister and Marauder. :eek:

So no dude, the PPA on harassers/MBT's is actually MORE balanced than the Banshee right now.
  18. Atis

I'd prefer making other weapons more viable. As for now, all factions have something "a bit too good", for VS thats PPA and, maybe Orion, which is, probably, less than other factions have.