Is Planetside supposed to be this bright?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FieldMarshall, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Bankrotas

This makes me wish for a normal pc with good/great specs, not a laptop :/
    • Up x 1
  2. Pikachu

This sky/lighting bug can happen between any continent. I try to replicate it all the time. It only works after I have played for 20+ min on one continent then deploying to the warpgate of another. Even then it has a very low chance of happening. I have never got it when redeploying as soon as I got to a warpgate. I also tried several times to wait idle somewhere in the world between 10-30 min to get it work yet it did not. It's almost as if it requires you actually play a bit and do it for at least a half day cycle. Only then is there a chance that it might occur when deploying to another warpgate. Also it's particularly rare to get it to work with Amerish. I also suspect that it must not be night time on either Amerish or the others for it to work.
  3. FieldMarshall

If it makes you feel better im on a laptop myself. Not sure what fps i can get on ultra as i have it capped to 30 (so it will live longer)

Its a MSI GE70 with:
    i7-4700MQ 2.4-3.4Ghz
    GTX 765M (2GB vram)
    8GB DDR3 ram
  4. Bankrotas

Well mine some bit worse. With i7 3660 i think and GT 650M (best what I could get in my country year ago, but same amount of VRAM) same ram.

Stable FPS?
  5. FieldMarshall

Quite stable. Its always at 30 (what i have it limited to), even in large biolab fights. But thats on low.
    When i use Alt+F to show my fps, its not bottlenecked at the CPU or GPU which is nice.
    When i turned everything to ultra it said [GPU] and fps started going between 22-30.
  6. Latrodectus

• Up x 1
  7. Pikachu

Esamir sun at Amerish.
    [IMG]

Indar sun on Esamir.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. kadney

Hahaha, lol. And now play Battlefield 3 for once. :D
  9. Bankrotas

I see. I'd rather have 60 stable honestly on low, since I like fluidity of animations more than graphics. And honestly PS2 artstyle ain't that great.
  10. Frenk

I lowered the brightness to 0, even if it will put me at a disadvantage at night. The game has a much better look with 0 brightness.
    • Up x 1
  11. Pikachu

Has anyone been able to get this bug in the last days? It seems like they did some stealth patch. I have been trying all the time but not get it.:(

Lyk dis if u cri everytim. ;_;
  12. Akeita

Guys... It's lunch time in Indar, of course it's bright, consider a desert continent...
    • Up x 1
  13. Calcifar

My game is always that bright, even on 0 brightness settings.

I play on high with shadows off :-/
  14. Pikachu

Indar+Esamir sky=bright
    Indar+Amerish sky=brighter :D
    [IMG]
  15. S7rudL

16. toast2250

17. FieldMarshall

Its been about 10 months, and i havent had this bug for a very long time. (no idea how i fixed it)
    A few days ago, it came back when i was messing around with the graphics settings, so i assume it has something to do with that.
    Possibly the .ini file.
    I tried deleting all the settings files in my ps2 folder and re-validating them.

This is pretty much necroing, but it seems like a waste to create a new thread on the same subject.

The brightness is normal when i log in, but gradually gets brighter over time. Below are some before and after screenshots.
    It happens even if i dont change continents, so im pretty sure its not the Esamir skybox. (The sky also doesent look like the Esamir skybox)

[IMG]

Just thought i would leave this here for further documentation if more people have similar problems.
  18. mfdoom7

not sure if same problem but using restoration kit at night is hell
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  19. toast2250

We know that it has been posted before in a lenthy post that points out the obvius.

Well,.. yea. It has been, hasn't it!? ,.. ****!
    [IMG]
    What I have to endure before im booted off of the continent by the one and only alert that locks continents.

I'm sure that they notice it and know about it.
    They fixed the orange glow behind models on the UI selection screen, remade the reflex sights and other esthetics,.. so,..
  20. Pikachu

The first picture looks like it's Esamir's skyfile but for some reason the specular effect of the material is ramped up to crazy levels. The light blue ambient light is only found on Esamir. The second picture looks like morning time on Hossin when the purple-pale cyan gradient is transitioning to amber color. Also looks like when you move from 1 continent to another and it takes like 5 seconds for the skyfile to to change (this didn't happen before SOE turned into DBG).