[Suggestion] I want my Certs back... Another Striker Thread...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mhorlok, Oct 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sternn58

The problem is that there is NO situation where the Striker/Fluffer would be the best choice. Unless, of course, you are just looking for comic relief.
    • Up x 1
  2. Meeka

If it's easier to hit vehicle with it, it shouldn't cause as much damage as it used to. The previous lock on mechanic was crap; I barely ever pulled out a Striker because of it, it was worthless. At least now, there's a reason to pull it, and I can't really complain about the damage it does for the type of weapon it is. People need to stop comparing it to the old Striker and the Decimator, because that's not what it is.

And, have you ever tried a Lancer? Ever see the minimal amount of damage it does to vehicles? Or the Phoenix?
    None of them are 'heavy' hitting weapons either, but they have their uses. As does this new Striker.
  3. Mxiter

And that's why the striker is bad:

-It have the lowest damages per mag by a large magrin.
    -Is slow to shoot (the slowest firing+reload cycle after the phoenix wich have the highest potential damages per shot amang the deci)).
    -have COF.
    -Have quite slow velocity.
    -Have drop.
    -Have no guidance.

The only fuction i found with it was in the valk: 2 striker + 2 engies and go hugging ESFs with the G20. It's awsome to troll comfident pilots. not really effective but very funny.
    • Up x 1
  4. sternn58

Keep telling yourself that.
    • Up x 1
  5. AssaultPig

don't really understand the question; I just told you why it was nerfed
  6. WTSherman

I was able to get a lot of mileage out of the previous lock on mechanic actually. A lot of it is about positioning. Also the Lancer, when fully charged, does the exact same damage as a Halberd (Lancer: 750x2=1500 Halberd: 1000x1.5=1500). The Phoenix likewise hits like a truck due to a large multiplier.

What slows down their DPS in each case is one has to charge up, the other has to be guided to its target at ~15m/s and can't reload during this time. What they gain in exchange is the ability to reliably hit targets due to no drop/high velocity and guidance, respectively (though the Lancer gains a lot more in that department than the Phoenix does, due to the latter's range cap).

The Striker has lots its ability to reliably hit targets (the lock-on mechanic), so logically having DPS would compensate for its difficulty actually landing rockets. Not too much of course, just that its damage should be more based on dumbfires than lock-ons because it is in fact a dumbfire now.

I could potentially get a lot of mileage out of this mechanic too, but I do think it's going to need some adjustments to make it a little more competitive.
    • Up x 1
  7. DatVanuMan

SPECIFICS. Was it able to OHK? Was the splash higher? Was the rocket faster, that type of stuff.
  8. Mxiter

Maybe because no RL should be more effective than snipers rilfe? (it was able to OHK infantries)
    It killed way too much infantries the first day

A video is better than a speech:

But its wasn't only nerfed since it's AV damages were buffed from the Shrike/ML/S1 level to the deci level.
    • Up x 2
  9. DatVanuMan

So, good performance versus infantry, but it was nerfed AI-wise while improved AV-wise? Well, as of the present, the Phoenix is the most risky of the ESRLs. The Striker sucks, indeed, but the Phoenix is far more dangerous to use. I say they bring back the ability to OHK infantry, but lower the damage multipliers to deal JUST below Decimator damage.
  10. Mxiter

No RL should be more effective at range than sniper rifle at killing infantries at range.
    The is close to no risks to use the phoenix at 300m of a fight from behind cover.
    The phoenix is the best vehicles killer from API data...

Giving to the phoenix the ability to OHK infantries is a terrible idea, unless you want to see 50HA spamming/farming phoenix shots day and night from every spawn rooms/ behind every hills.

ESRL niche is long range AV duty, not farming infanties, HA have an LMG for that role.
  11. DatVanuMan

But would it not be epic to see a rain of blue missiles falling from the sky? THING OF THE POSSIBILITIES, MAN!:p
  12. Chrispin

Holy cow.... Are you kidding me? Did you not just see the video he put in his post?

You must officially be the most blatant hypocrite on these forums because I could have sworn you just said:
    That thing was EZ-mode when it could OHK infantry, and you say the Striker is good as-is against infantry but the Phoenix should OHK them!?!? You do realize that the Striker has literally the worst theoretical TTK against infantry of any gun in the game right now? That's not even taking into account the actual TTK which is much worse.

BTW this is taking into account candy cannons, flare guns, snowball launchers, Phoenix, Lancer, and any other conceivable weapon.
    • Up x 4
  13. MacavitySWE

Phoenix was only nerfed against AI because you used to be able to 1-shot infantry.
    I guess you forgot about that fact?

They didn't change it's AV damage
    • Up x 3
  14. lotishunter

what bugs me is they change these things with out a care for the consumer. We are the reason you stay employed why cant you think about what these changes do. and give us an alternative to huge changes eg: we are changing these stats into this () test it out or trade it for a one that meats your play style..
  15. CorporalClegg

Pheonix would be the worst bar none ESRL if TR and VS weren't oblivious to how easy it is to shoot down. Its so stupidly easy to counter that it should be useless.

0 dps is a lot worse than whatever the striker puts out now.
  16. iller

Fun and fair for who?.... And they're not exactly cowering at our sharp criticism on their abilities to juggle numbers on a spreadsheet. They made a video just to shout immature things back at Twitter baddies who don't even begin to grasp the intricate math behind any of this stuff. Come to think of it, maybe that's why the devs don't post here either to refute that math. They were never that interested in it to begin with and that's why these Threads are so commonplace where people actually care about numbers and incomparables?
  17. Bape

Striker and phoenix both have pros and cons both are equal when you compare it. To be honest both ESL need to be changed I rather have laser guided then came guided like ravens.
  18. Jad

And the next time the NC gets nerf’d all the TR players will also take the “NC had no sympathy when the Striker got nerf’d! Ha-Ha!”… Not really a healthy thing for the community when it just keeps going round in circles… :(

However there is a difference between how the Phoenix and Striker have been handled:
    With the Phoenix it was “sold” as a camera guided AV missile, the problem with it came from it being too good against infantry and so the basic stats were nerf’d. However it still functions as a camera guided AV missile.

With the Striker it was “sold” as a dual function AV lock on weapon, the problem with it came from it being too good against aircraft and so it was first nerf’d (No issue, it still did what it was sold as just not as well) and then had its core mechanics changed. It no longer works as a dual function lock on weapon.

Tweaks in stats are to be expected in any MMO, we’ve all come to expect them but the Striker isn’t just a tweaking issue.

I’d view it the same with the Phaseshift, I quite like the charge up mechanic on it. Yes it may underperform but to me the flexibility it offers is worth it. Now if the Devs took a look at it and decided it needed a buff, raised its basic damage and rate of fire and made it an amazing semi auto sniper rifle of death while removing the charge mechanic I’d be annoyed because I had unlocked it for its charge up mechanic (The same as I got the Striker because it was a lock on weapon.)

For me the change in damage isn’t a (Long term) worry as that can easily be tweaked up or down depending on how the new Striker performs in actual use.
    But I am annoyed that my lock on launcher no longer locks on… o_O

Still it’s just 1 weapon in a very large game and I’m not going to spend good gaming time stressing over it. :)
  19. causocs

To be honest, I haven't been using the striker since they put in the "soft" nerf ages ago, where when running with it, it would cover up half your screen... Why would you carry that thing in front of your face? Especially in a game with a TTK so low, that you can't even turn 180°, spacial awareness is everything...
    On the general topic of being TR, I feel otherwise quite satisfied, no need to hate the whole empire ;)
  20. Flag

Well, it's got the second fastest dumb fire velocity of any launcher, second to the Lancer. So if you've got problems with hitting things with the striker you're not going to hit it with any dumb fire at all.

By all means, don't use it.
    Between having used it a bit post patch, and from being the target of every launcher TR has at their disposal I've seen multiple situations where the TRs would get the best result if they'd been using a striker rather than G2G or a dumb fire.

But hey, if you don't want to use it that's your loss.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.