[Suggestion] I want my Certs back... Another Striker Thread...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mhorlok, Oct 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mxiter

it's what i edited: the striker is a 5 shot explosives darts crossbow that sucks at AI.

SOE transformed this:
    [IMG]

into this:
    [IMG]

During that time TR sucks at long range AI/Amax, are limited to suicide engies AV turret while VS/NC enjoy phoenix/Ravens/Lancer/Vortexes spam at every mid-long range battles.
    • Up x 2
  2. Meeka

Are you kidding me that it's NOT useful?

At least now you can quickly wham close/moderate range armor with it and close, and easily nail buzzing air; something you could not do before. And no, the grounder and decimator does not replace this function; they are one shot deals, where if you miss, your opportunity to hit is nil. With the Striker, you can have 5 opportunities to hit and reload (and reload quicker than you can reload a regular launcher) and fire off another volley. it's not a 1 shot 1 miss deal any more; also, good for deterring and hitting those pesky ESFs, Valks, and Liberators.

It could use a very minor damage buff, but I like this mechanic so much more than the lock on mechanic.
  3. sternn58

I want my certs back too. I can't think a single situation where I would actually use this piece of trash. Not one.
  4. lotishunter

if you don't like it create a support ticket
  5. lotishunter

if you don't like it create a ticket like I did ( if they don't refund I'm stopping my sub and quitting)
  6. lotishunter

if you don't like it create a ticket like I did ( if they don't refund I'm stopping my sub and quitting)
  7. sternn58

You act like having to hit a vehicle five times in order to do half the damage is a good thing.. Good luck with that. Oh, and if you are going to start shooting libs with this thing, let me watch. Should be amusing.
    • Up x 3
  8. lotishunter

if you don't like it create a ticket like I did
  9. Beltway

It's a constant complaint so I can only assume it's a exploit or glitch. As for your missiles getting shot down that often you should get a power ball ticket...asap and remember me when you win. When it comes to the striker I don't think they should make too many changes at once but I know for certain the damage needs an increase.
    • Up x 1
  10. lotishunter

if you don't like it create a ticket this arguing is going no where
    • Up x 1
  11. Mxiter

150 damages at AI that is more or less the equivalent of 1 bullet of auto weapons that fires à 600-845RPM wich have 3 times better velocity

100 damages at AV unless PPA is also able to farm MBTs, lightnings and sundys. :rolleyes:

Only infantries and Maxes are affected by splash.
  12. sternn58

I will, when I work up the desire to actually log back into the game.
  13. Chrispin

Did they really remove the Coyote mechanics vs aircraft? If they did then LOL. They must have seen it being used in groups of 10 and thought "According to our data the Striker is being used much more often than the Lancer or Phoenix combined. Must be OP!"
  14. Mxiter

Fun story from phoenix user wich according to all API statistics websites is the best RL at vehicles and the 2nd best at killing people.

I agree that the striker was broken, it have been strongly nerfed during a long time already (more than a year).

but giving a 5 shots CQX hunter as TR ESRL is a bad joke.

I just hope that the Striker will have the same treatment than the lancer wich was bad at release and became the 2nd-3rd best launcher after 1-2 buff patches.
    • Up x 2
  15. Elrobochanco

These threads are great. They did exactly what people asked for to the striker. They said they were a pretty long ways out, it's been on test forever. People still shocked that they got exactly what was requested, and are upset at having a unique launcher in their arsenal.

SOE could give the TR a double barreled PPA and they would still call it lame.
    • Up x 2
  16. Pelojian

When we ask the developers to change something we have a reasonable expectation that they will have some level of competence in changing it so it's effective.

We got coyote mechanics and devs decided it's too 'OP for TR at close range' so they nerfed the damage.

how in reality is that exactly the same as we asked for!?

we asked for coyote mechanics instead they delivered us a nerf because the non favorite faction can't have nice things.

all the while you know the lancer nice big charge damage in groups and near hitscan properties, no warning to the target unlike lock ons?
    • Up x 1
  17. WTSherman

Well, yes and no. They also screwed it up in exactly the way I warned them about screwing it up. The mechanic itself isn't necessarily bad, they just don't have the numbers right.

With the current numbers, the Striker would probably need to also be able to seek against ground vehicles to be effective (otherwise there's just no way you'll land enough rockets to keep up with even a dumbfired Grounder). Without the ability to seek against ground vehicles, it's going to need its damage bumped up to compensate for the loss of range and accuracy.

Either way would help to make it more viable with its current mechanics. Not both though, pick one! If they buff the damage AND give it ground seeking, that would probably be OP. They may also want to look into tweaking the projectile velocity and seek range (ie how close you have to get the rocket before it starts seeking) if it struggles to actually hit air.
    • Up x 1
  18. Ranik

This. Been saying it for days.

Make it either more interesting (ground homing and small buffs) or more practical (moderate to large buffs)
  19. BDKM

When an item of actual financial value (as are most items in PS2) is changed FUNDAMENTALLY the developers owe it to their customers to give them the choice of returning said item. It's good business practice, and makes for loyal players, regardless of how the changes are viewed.

The Striker was initially geared to compete among the launchers that lock both air and ground, and have no dumbfire capability. Whether or not you think the change is good or needed, this weapon is now very different, and players that have purchased the item deserve the chance to change their minds.
  20. Elrobochanco

This is exactly in line with the lancer/phoenix vs the default launchers. The Damage over time is very poor compared to any normal launcher, it's all about the unique situational usefulness of them to compensate. The faction launchers aren't supposed to be the one you carry 99% of the time for 99% of the threats you encounter.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.