Epic striker nerf incoming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ol' Brownfists, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Saber15

Orion users:
    • Get in groups
    • Focus Fire
    • Commence Ownage
    Beamer users:
    • Get in groups
    • Focus Fire
    • Commence Ownage
    Do you not see the problem in this kind of logic? Yeah, Strikers in a group is going to be better than a lone Striker.
    It's still going to objectively worse than Lancers in a group.
  2. Flag

No, if that's what came across in my post then my bad.
    What I mean to say was that while TR did get nerfs, VS and NC got their fair share.
    And most of them were justified. For all 3. Especially the Striker and Anchor ones.

Meanwhile your posts heavily imply that TR got nerfed harder overall than the other two, which is very far from the truth.
  3. pnkdth

Being able to remove air while having boots on the ground is a good thing. Aim and shoot, the missile will do the rest. No chance for the pilot to go into cover or use flares. Flak is already causing pilots to panic, having to look out for heaving hiding everywhere is going to be both deadly and scary.

Being to deal with air without MAX units or skyguards is an useful niche. For dumbfiring you usually want a deci or default RL anyways.

Do decimators home in on targets? Nope, they require lead distance, account for drop, rely on pilots maintaining course or hovering in place. The Striker does not care about fancy moves, spin all you like, they're still going to hit, and by the time you feel the first hit you're likely to eat the full volley.

That said, if you can deal with all of the above so easily with a deci I wonder why you care about the Striker at all, or any other RL for that matter. If you are that good with a deci, there won't be any RL out there which can compete with the alpha damage of a deci. It is kinda its thing.
    • Up x 1
  4. MaxDamage

I like it. Seems good against cheeky flyovers and scaring off spawnroom campers who are adept enough to dodge dumbfires.
  5. Leftconsin

I noticed an unusual number of striker users yesterday. I'm thinking they are getting in a few last kills before the change goes live.
  6. Esteporg

I'd like to address posts arguing that the striker's performance scales with group size like a lancer. The lancer's accuracy and range provide squads with an option to deal with armor columns at extremely long range currently unmatched by any infantry loadout. What would a striker nest bring to the table? Any nearby air would certainly be shredded, just as they would by three burster MAXes sitting next to a bunch of grounders. At distances further than the current lock-on range for G2A launchers the Coyote-striker's nasty muzzle velocity and homing range kick in, and TR heavies don't run at 220km/h to maintain pressure. SOE's not inventing long-range AA here, and short-range AA is already effectively provided by NS or other weapons in the common pool for all factions.

I don't expect to 1v1 spawn-camping ESFs with the new striker, but I'd prefer to see something that fits the annihilator role: unusable against infantry and well-rounded against air and armor. I wouldn't mind low base damage if, in addition to coyote mechanics against air, we had a damage multiplier that would allow two or three heavies to feasibly destroy a sunderer.
  7. Flag

What it seems to go for is point defence against vehicles, mainly air.

And if you want annihilator functionality... There's the annihilator.
  8. Tuco

2 extra arc degrees is irrelevant.
  9. Jake the Dog

Only if they're in render. Hopefully they're not sitting 400-500m+ away otherwise alot of people firing launchers stand completely still when firing which are very easy to hit. That one is unique though in that if you can see any little part of the enemy tank you can hit it accurately.
  10. phreec

TR: The faction that demands their weapons to be both NO SKILL and HIGH REWARD at the same time. Sorry but your infantry carried Coyotes can't be mini nukes.