Let's Be Frank: Is Emerald Really Any Different? Cuz To Me It's Mattherson 2.0, And I'm Not Too Fond

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheShrapnelKing, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LibertyRevolution

We don't want to be tryhards, we want some tryhards to join TR/NC and then fight the VS tryhards for us...
    We would like to continue playing as we have for the last 1.5years, without getting steamrolled by BR100 VS tryhards.

If I wanted to be a tryhard, I would just play VS... That is the problem..
    TR/NC will never get anymore tryhards, and the tryhards they do have will eventually defect to the VS.
    When TIW makes the switch to VS, that is the sign the game is officially over.
  2. Shocklate

People are going to complain, let them complain. People dont want to change, just complain.
  3. Geneaux

Stop acting like an image board 12-year old whose thought-process can only fall back on "it's internet". Correction: it's reality and no one whats to listen to a whiner who feels he needs attention and comes to the forums to express his "opinion" which is rather an insult to real opinions that can be backed and isn't composed of utter nonsense.
    • Up x 1
  4. snail

Every FPS I have ever played had a population balance filter. And every FPS I have ever played had winning teamers.

The problem with Planetside 2 is it has no population balance filter, and 2 choices for winning teamers.
  5. Dinapuff

That sounds, like mankind has become incredibly stupid, and it cries too.
    • Up x 1
  6. Elrobochanco

These are true things, but not what is 100% causing these issues. Certainly you can make taking/holding a base easier by deploying a ton more troops than your enemies there. But that's not always 100% going to work. Small forces can do a lot against overwhelming odds if they expect it and have set up appropriately.

What really hurts is that if you are used to playing a game with strict population balance you might expect a fair fight to just happen. To have an ongoing fight that you can just sit in forever without ever having to look at your map and acknowledge this is an MMO. You might not be used to needing to seek it out on your own. PS2 is a very fast paced game in certain planning respects. If you want to be in fights that are good for you and whatever size squad you have you need to be constantly looking to move somewhere new.
    • Up x 1
  7. LibertyRevolution

This game has a population balance system, each faction can only fill 1/3 of the slots on each map..
    If you are underpopped, it is because your faction is not working together..

If you would take all your pop and put it on one map, you would fill your factions slots and not be outpopped..
    Waterson VS did this constantly.. it was the only way to not get steamrolled when you have 20% server pop.
    • Up x 1
  8. DG-MOD-17

Going to go ahead and lock this as it has become non-constructive.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.