[Reaction Video] NC Reaction to TR Striker Nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SoggyCow, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralArcher

thats because the stiker was OP for about....2 months...maybe less

ZOE was OP for 6+ months

ZOE does need to be changed, but you guys have the PPA so go back to your farm :D

i was really hopeful for the revamp....i even bought the striker and used it as it is and i actually liked it for killing Libs and stupid PPA farmers..........but now it cant do anything......its literally the worst RL in the game
    • Up x 1
  2. MotionBlured

Well, yeah, it is. The lancer doesn't home in on aircraft, and I'll be able to damage partially hidden vehicles and MAX's with it.
  3. NXR1

The thing is unless you have 50 people with it you arent gonna get anything done having about 20 strikers is probably equal to about 3 ML-7's (just guessing so dont say i have no proof cause of course i dont) why not arm those 20 people with the ML-7 or grounder or even annihilater it would be much more effective
    • Up x 2
  4. GhostAvatar

At least we didn't get the Spiker :p
    • Up x 3
  5. Chrispin

No the missiles don't track ground targets, though IMO they should.
    • Up x 3
  6. NXR1

why does VS keep bringing up ZoE TR also has a pretty useless MAX ability it makes us a sitting duck and only effective for taking down aircraft if you ever use it for something else youll meet a swift death at the hands of rockets and grenades and with the long deploy/undeploy time you have no chance of escaping
    • Up x 2
  7. MotionBlured

I didn't say it would track ground targets. You can't lock a tank/sundy that's parked behind a tree, even though you can see his *** sticking out. The new striker won't have that limitation.
  8. Foxirus

Yeah? And you have the Banshee which is godly at killing infantry and is still usable in air. Good luck winning a dogfight with a PPA strapped to the front of your ESF.
  9. SoggyCow

I'd like to say that half way rendering this video, I almost deleted it from my upload folder because I thought it was too mean. But I decided to upload it because I want the devs to see this and understand just how bad they nerfed the TR's striker. I figure if they see my honest reaction to it, they'll rethink their action.
    • Up x 4
  10. LT_Latency

They are just being careful I assume. They don't really know what would happen if 20 TR spam this in a bio lab.

So better to start low and work your way up against
  11. LibertyRevolution

They wanted to make sure that every TR wasn't running around spamming rockets at infantry.. why do you even need to ask this??
    Just wait till the first biolab fight after striker hits live and you will understand why..

Because lockdown was buffed, and ZOE was nerfed into the ground..
    If when you lockdown you were stuck there until it went into cooldown, then it automatically released, that would be like ZOE nerf.
  12. NXR1

if 20 people spamm this in a biolab 20 people might die those people being the ones spamming it
    • Up x 2
  13. BobSanders123

Dear SOE, you are very bad at balancing everything.
    • Up x 3
  14. LibertyRevolution

You should have.. It was a waste of my 4mins..
    Half the video is you derping around making a character.. what a waste of time..
    The other half is you sounding like a little scrub on one those MLGpro video, just need to add a few wombocombo mountain dews..

It is so bad that you actually made me comment, normally a bad video won't get a response from me, this was just too terrible..
    Don't expect me to ever click on one of your videos again, you can get your ad revenue elsewhere.
  15. Ceiu

Wow... That's kinda brutal.

The striker should probably do closer to 175-200 damage base, so it can, at the very least, compete with the others if a full clip hits. On that note, the phoenix should probably have 400-500m range instead of this 300m bullcrap.

The lancer, on the other hand, should have a clip of 300 shots, 5ms delay between shots, -100% damage and horizontal and vertical recoils of 20 degrees. That way they can use it as a vibrator when they're sitting around after redeploying a few thousand troops on a base. **** VS.
    • Up x 1
  16. Selrahc4040

Fair enough on that, but what's to stop me from running around with my ML-7?

Also, I used the versus-infantry example to showcase how piss-poor that damage is. It's an anti-armor homing rocket, for gods sake. Not an explosive BB gun.
  17. doombro

Neither will the striker. You'll have to get a near-miss to land a hit. And it has 1/4th of the lancer's velocity, and significantly less damage.

And sure, if by damage, you mean tickle. It takes four flipping rockets to kill a FLASH. Are you really okay with this piece of garbage?
  18. Beltway

I'm just assuming he is trolling. There is just no way anyone is ok with the striker rework looking like that. I'd love to hear the explanation behind this rework. Higby if you are reading this feel free to comment!
    • Up x 2
  19. LibertyRevolution

They are moving away from rocket spam OHK infantry, so I think that is why striker is so weak vs infantry.

It should have been an air/ground coyote launcher..
    To me the fact it wont seek ground vehicles is what is broken, not the damage.

If I am facing air, I'm going to use my grounder.
    If I am facing ground vehicles, I am going to use AV turret.
    If I am facing both air and ground, I am going to use my annihilator.

Just not sure what role the striker can fill.

Phoenix lets me hurt armor from behind cover from 300m.
    Lancer lets me dink at vehicles all the way out render range.
    The new striker will let me what? Dink at far off air if they happen to be flying in a strait line? :confused:
  20. BobSanders123

It would also be nice to have a phoenix that allows you to use it as a mortar.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.