Emerald VS, and the lack of fights.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vertabrae, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Paragon Exile

Nimnax, you filthy traitor!

Seriously though, no you aren't. You are only limited by your perceptions. There is absolutely nothing stopping the NC and TR from becoming a force to be reckoned with (not that they're slouches now, they're quite good even as-is), the only thing they need is their playerbase to put forward some good effort.
  2. NinjaTurtle

Who knew people hate the PPA spam
  3. BeefySleet

VS were never being "dominated" in the beginning of the game by TR. TR performed well solely because The Enclave and BCP were around and had 2-3 full platoons worth of outfit players to throw around. Once you all cried enough and he left the game, TR collapsed, making it way easier for VS to win. Your faction had 4-6 good outfits, we had 1, and once it left we had nothing to stop the VS from steamrolling with ZOE.

Banshee is very good, but its not like the PPA isn't very good on a Scythe either. Sorry that we have 1 half decent weapon (that is going to be nerfed into uselessness like TR weapons always are), I guess it's unacceptable that any faction other than VS is allowed any OP or unique toys.
  4. LibertyRevolution

Uh huh...This is what I play against every night. It is fun stuff, but if I worried about my K/D it would a nightmare.
    [IMG]

I used to do the same thing, but I have to put in twice the time. :(
    Sucks being a bad.. oh well..
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  5. eldarfalcongravtank

in case you're wondering why i call you a troll:

i name ONE terran weapon that is verifiably overpowered right now, and got the support of higby, a key developer

you call ALL vanu weapons overpowered but fail to provide any statistics, backup, evidence whatsoever. only your 'biased' views lead you there

you should lose that attitude, otherwise people wont take you seriously. just a headsup, dude
  6. Liberty

Everyone has their own slightly different meaning to those two words but they often share the same foundations.

To "Zerg" a base (to me) means that you bringing overwhelming numbers and simply flood over your enemy like you may remember from the old StarCraft cut scenes. There is no real limit on size. 25-48 can zerg 1 - 12. 96+ can Zerg 48-96, and you can be at a 96+ fight on both sides and still get zerged.

To ghost cap was to originally flip a point and simply leave a hex. But is also more commonly (and recently since the lattice update) used to describe forces pushing uncontested lanes.

Technically you are right that a zerg can't ghost cap, because to zerg is to suggest there are forces to overrun with sheer numbers and to ghost cap is to take uncontested territory. Getting into some serious metaphysical stuff here, the moment opposition shows up, the ghost cap ceases to exist and transforms into a zerg and the moment opposition leaves, the zerg transforms back into a ghost cap.

Perhaps a "ghost capping zerg" is a colloquial term that refers to the constantly changing nature of a large enough force pushing a lane where they have enough people that any opposition that shows up would still leave the caps uncontested from a realistic standpoint.

And yes, today was a slow day in case you couldn't tell. :p
    • Up x 3
  7. BeefySleet

"It's funny, VS players don't use stuff unless its obviously OP"

Las0m is Higby in case you were confused.

I'd dig up more examples but I'm on my way out the door currently and this was the first example that popped into mind.

[IMG]
  8. eldarfalcongravtank

yup, welcome to last year:rolleyes:

grasping at straws, i presume?

anyway, you've already made it pretty clear what kind of person you are since you judge someone based on weapon used. "oh he uses gun x, so he must suck" and "well he is faction y, so he must be bad"

you're nothing but a troll, sad but true
  9. Liberty

Believe it or not, usually the late night sessions are a K/D drop for most of us as well. You tend to have a higher concentration of the more dedicated playerbase on all three factions where during primetime, you get to wade through the casuals.

I seldom pull medic / engie for those post 3 AM sessions and wince for anyone who does because there is a definite increase in the concentration of HA and MAXes on all three factions.
  10. DQCraze

There is a outfit giving me some hope TRAF. Im working on getting all three factions to 100.
  11. Paragon Exile

Hope all goes well :3
  12. BaronVonVirtu

Lets not beat around the bush on this, even during primetime the general strategy of most of this game's statistical elite is to play to their advantages. This advantage is to endlessly redeploy between fights with the defensive advantage, especially towers and especially lower population fights (being outpopped in 12-24s) and lean toward switching characters if there are no fights for your faction instead of starting a new one. I haven't seen nighttime organized cap play from you guys in eons.

Based off of my recent late night/morning marathon of Emerald VS, there is not an incredible amount of IVI spergery making a showing on NC and TR during late night, but the numbers sure do exist to snub out the VS if NC/TR didn't decide to PTSD fight each other in random **** hex in the middle of nowhere.

That said, the next time I see NC and TR trying to fight alone during the night and I'm around, I will be sitting on the outside of the hex killing the vehicles of both factions while they play WW1 simulator.
    • Up x 1
  13. Liberty

Slight irony with the first part being, the last two bases we hit tonight before I had to duck out (after a little over an hour play session) were attacks and were both crushed by massive redeploys. Attacks happen a lot more often than people think, but with 12-24 people they fail more often than not because the meta for larger outfits is to bring your entire force to a defense, pull MAXes, spam grenades and then redeploy with as little actual combat as possible.

Attacks in this game are awful for a lot of reasons :

You push up, hold the point for several minutes and wipe to see your previous hex still has 25-48 allies playing with themselves.

You hold a point and rather than actually trying to take it, the enemy pulls HE and just shells everything they can into every window.

You sit in a base and no one responds.

You sit in a base for 5 minutes and then see more MAXes than population you have in the hex to push you out of a point.

So is it an even 50 / 50 split? Probably not. Some nights (within the past few weeks I've been on) we'll attack more than we defend. Other nights we'll mostly pop around to some defenses. It depends who is on and who is leading, but attacks are really just "point defenses until a larger outfit decides to bring everything they have into a hex"
  14. Arghy

Thats just bad base design by SOE--what kind of idiot adds a hill overlooking a spawn room allowing a vehicle to farm the defenders as they spawn?:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  15. xDesideratus

I just find it hilarious how often TR wins alerts when GOKU does our fourth-factioning ops. It's almost like you have the tools to win, but not the ability~
    • Up x 1
  16. LibertyRevolution

TR don't have the tools to win alerts.. They are missing the most important tool of all, competent leaders..

I have watched countless times as TR leaders order players into hopeless meatgrinders getting them farmed until they log..
    TR outfit platoons will lemming 1 after another into the back door of a tech plant guarded by 4 shotgun maxes with support..

Goku can win alerts on TR as they actually know how to play..
    Emerald TR can't take a small outpost defended by 24-48 VS even if they throw 2 platoons at it.. it is very sad..
  17. Liberty

For all the jabs at GOKU and the occasional TK'ing, they are pretty much a better version of TE in that :

Individual members tend to be better players

Are one of the few outfits that can accomplish things without a population advantage. That is not to say they never have one.

Can quickly mobilize larger forces

Very objective and team / squad oriented players.

Solid map awareness during an alert.

And for the record, while being compared to TE might not be the best thing it was meant as a compliment as to what they were known for (beyond the bad stuff). :p
    • Up x 1
  18. BarxBaron

lol

Reminds me of a time last Sunday when there was 30-50 VS on a over cropping hill. I'm running around as light assault basically head capping them execution style......hell, some of them ran THROUGH my character to get to the front of the hill to shoot over it. It was a true giraffe camo moment :p (disclaimer: I was not wearing giraffe super camo)
  19. NightEngine

All very reasonable, I get that, and agree with you. Zerging is a looser concept but I don't think that sheer numbers must equate to zerging. If there's any level of coordination it's not really a zerg. Zerging is just rushing forward and steamrolling, essentially. It most certainly does happen but a couple of platoons acting in concert aren't necessarily zerging.

Ghostcapping was the thrust of my post, though, and we have the same definition. I have no idea how it's evolved to mean the various things people think it means.
  20. John_Aitc

I let the Continent population tell me who I am going to fight. In this new CL era on Auraxis, that seems to be the most important thing. That being said, I know I can find a good fight in either faction's lane.

During the early evening hours that I usually play on Connery that means that I will probably be fighting the NC. Overnights and weekends are usually fights against the VS.