The hackusations!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MisterBond, Sep 16, 2014.

1. MisterBond

I don't like running around in max's because I think they're cheap as hell, as you can see one Max can deny an entire armored front if played correctly, also, hackusations! ;D

I admit I've reported people I've assumed is hacking as well, but I always take video when I'm playing just to protect myself against hackusations, mostly publishing this video because I was told an entire hex was reporting me.

Still amazed I made an entire hex think I was cheating.
    • Up x 3
  2. Meeka

Dual Ravens are awesome, but I like the dual Falcons more for the damage!

And smart MAXes keep on the move like you do!
  3. MisterBond

Falcons are a lot better now, I still prefer Ravens because the ability to aim and move them is the best anti-vehicle weapon in the game

I save Falcons for biolabs, where I call them my pop and droppers, duck out of the shield, pop off two, down goes any infantry ;D
  4. Casterbridge

My preference is falcons, but there is no denying the power of ravens when trying to deal with vehicles at range.
  5. IrishPride

MisterBond if you made an ASMR video of nothing but keyboard clicking sounds i would subscribe to it would put me right out :D
  6. Adrim

Hey MisterBond, after watching your video, here are my thoughts:

You're pretty dangerous with that flak, especially with predicting the escape patterns of the ESFs you're shooting at - good show!
    As someone who pilots semi-frequently, I rarely die to flak - instead, it's a huge deterrent, because being hit by flak means you need to scoot ASAP, else you'll take way more damage than you'd like (which increases chance of death to lock-ons or enemy ESFs.) Flak seems to have a substantial (sometimes irritating) range which gets balanced out by the inaccurate cone-of-fire. In this way sometimes it's hard to identify the source of G2A damage because the focus is on avoiding the damage instead of figuring out where it's coming from.
    Shortly before you killed that guy, I saw you were spotting mosquitos that seemed occupied with something in the base to the north.
    Based on the guy's battle rank and stats, I'm assuming he's not a lowbie alt and is likely relatively new/inexperienced to the potential of flak range.

Which leads me to conclude that the guy is likely blowing smoke about the whole hex reporting you. I wouldn't worry about it. The only damage you inflicted on him was the final blow (he must've already been on fire from other sources of damage) but he didn't seem savvy enough to look and see the other "assisted by" damage. Given the amount of mosquitos it's likely other hexs (like the one to the north) also pulled G2A to counter it, which would be why he was complaining about flak damage on the eastern side of the crown. On his side, he probably just suffered a lot of flak and erroneously attributed it all to his killer - you. It's a lesson I've learned over time: move away a few hexes to resupply and repair if there's active fights going on in adjacent hexes (if not just to prevent deaths to enterprising ESFs or AP tanks)

tl;dr the gentleman in your video oughta consider trying to "git gud"
  7. MisterBond

I miss my MX blues, but it drives people on skype nuts ;D
  8. MisterBond

I dunno, I hate calling players "Bad" etc, inexperienced sure but nobody is truly bad at the game as even a medic/engineer makes a huge difference to fights, and I don't doubt that there was some dedicated thing going on with them ganging up and trying to kill me, the TR max that shows up and keeps trying to kill me, he did that like 3 times but I would pull out my shield and back away till the end I just went "Screw it" and went and killed him.

But what I'm talking about is around 6:50, 3 ESF's all at the same time came for me, one escaped, one tried to escape and slammed into the ground and the last over-dedicated to killing me as I pulled out the best trick in the game to dealing with airborn opponents, moving forwards which makes them point the nose of their aircraft more and more down till they have to break quickly which he did after firing two rockets which missed because I was moving and landed behind me, then blew him up.

I think what annoyed them the most was their inability to hit me, often if I saw them coming and I didn't have time to shoot at them/react to them I would pull out my shield to stop the attack, like that prowler as soon as I spotted it I hit my shield button, or that ESF that tried to gun me, which when I saw he was running out of his magazine I dropped said shield and popped him with two falcons (Come on SOE, you know how hard that is to do? That should kill an ESF!)

Maybe a lot of gamers today are not used to predicting shots, but that's all this entire game is, all infantry fighting past 50m involves leading targets etc, I mean yeah I would love hitscan but prediction model is just as easy to use once you get used to it.
  9. Wisdomcube2

....what was special about this video?
  10. Botji

Like 2 days ago some germans were reporting me for cheating. Being able to be cloaked forever and one shotting other Infiltrators with the crossbow.
    • Up x 1
  11. DatVanuMan

THE FPS!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT BURNS MY EYES!
    In my opinion, Ravens are the ONLY broken NC weapons in the game. So much damage, so much accuracy, so much reload speed, so much EVERYTHING.
    But lulz for those tells, manXP
    • Up x 1
  12. Crayv

I remember when I killed a Harasser with Falcons. I got a hackusation that I was "firing rocets too fast" that is exactly how he spelled it. It has become a thing now between me and a friend that rockets are now called rocets (pronounced row-sets) so now we joke how the Falcons fire 2rocets2fast.
  13. tigerchips

I don't see anything special here, we have the same accuracy on grinders and falcon, i might be a little bit better with the bursters 22% and 27% accuracy. I don't see why you were accused.
  14. ajma

Well, judging by his soldier profile, he's not a very good player so it kind of makes sense for him to think you're hacking.
  15. Bellawynn

'Everyone better than me is a hacker and anyone worse is a scrub! :mad:' You're a good AA max Bond.Those idiots unfortunately flood planetside if you're getting hackusations as a legitimate player take heart you're definately doing something right ;).
  16. Joay

I've never gotten hackusation. Gosh, i hate my life xD

Love the song in the end
  17. Gendomaoken

Hah, i got them today on cobalt, for defending Indar excav site with AA turret, guy was pissed i was connecting my shots near render distance... Didnt kill him, cause yeah, it was hard enought to hit. Still very fun. Tried to make him realise how much AA was nerfed in last years. He wouldnt get 2 hexes close before deing, if it was old AA...
    Apparently, using power of brain to predict trajactory of speeding ESF is an exploit :D :D
  18. Jad

Read: “The entire Hex is reporting you.” As “I’m using /region chat to tell the entire hex to report you but they probably won’t bother.”

The problem is what one person sees on their screen doesn’t always relate to what is really going on.

I had a kill screen yesterday telling me an infil with a SMG managed 100% damage to my Lib… But I know it’s a bug. :)

I had a cloaker the day before kill me while on my screen he was still cloaked. Probably lag.

I got hit by VS rocket pods from 100m plus while stalker cloaked, crouched and stationary in a position I hadn’t moved in for around 3 mins. Probably a bug/random luck. Sent the pilot a joke tell that he could skip his next eye sight check expecting a “Head bug” or “Missed what I was aiming for” (I’ve killed infils that way myself) response and got told it was because he had night vision… o_O

I’ve also been told that somebody recorded me hacking after I nailed them with a head shot from 200m out.

From behind… :eek:

Would love to know what kind of hacks he was using to display what was going on behind him. Did he something weird in front of him? Possibly. Was it me? Not a chance.

Honestly the hackers script kiddies aren’t worth sending tells to and the hackusations aren’t worth responding to, although questions about “What just happened?” are.
  19. uhlan

Why folks call out some actions as hacking is understandable.

The latency, client-side hit detection and render range issues that many suffer through topped off by bad connections or poor computer systems can cause a lot of problems. Especially since many have no clue how these things work.

There are real problems that can't be solved very easily and those with good systems will fare far better all other things being equal.

Now, many of the kills in the video involve people playing like morons and so deserve to die.

The tank at the beginning is so typical of the players in this game. He gets shot in the side, so what does he do? He drives forward into the wall gets hung up and dies... this, after he just sits there for a few seconds taking hits.

Yep, typical tanker sitting idle parked right next to the base waiting to be c4'd or Ravened in this case.

Had that tanker been any good, he'd have stayed way back and waited for that max to show his ugly mug and sent two AP rounds through its helmet.

ANY tanker worth his salt can pick off a max easily at long range... especially with a Prowler!!

I do this all the time with an AP lightning to support my brothers making an assault. I snipe targets from range and it usually takes the defenders a few deaths to realize where Im at. By then, however, I've moved to a new location. Using AP also causes the least collateral damage to friendlies as well.

Experienced players will take a path that leaves them the least exposed to fire from ground vehicles while getting to the point.

As for the air kills? The OP knows how to lead a target and that does take a certain amount of skill. I too get called out consistently whether I'm in a MAX or Skyguard.

Most pilots are not ready to face a dedicated good MAX or Skyguard driver and will usually panic and do something stupid leading to their deaths.

A good pilot can compensate for a good MAX or Skyguard and have a much easier time.
  20. Bellawynn

That unfortunately has to do with clientside rendering, the client checks if you're present first then it checks if you're cloaked so for about 1 second you show up on thermal and nightvision before suddenly vanishing. It's an issue SOE needs to fix.