[Suggestion] Balancing the Zerg

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sauna, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Tuco

You got 0 experience for capping bases in WWIIONLINE, and 100% of the players still zerged. Strength in numbers and all that.

Platoon leaders can't read the map, population numbers, as it is now. They'll zerg a base 48+ vs 12, and the 2 adjacent bases will be getting ghost capped by one enemy.

You can't stop a zerg, but you can impede them with the PS1 AMS, PS1 mines, PS1 spitfires, PS1 motion detectors.
  2. Tuco

This is so freaking lame. 90% of the time we're either getting rolled, or rolling someone else.
  3. Shalalala

I never explicitly said any of that, although, reviewing my post, I have to admit that my statement might be vague to certain readers and I apologize sincerely for that.

What I meant to say was, that I support the OP's idea of lower XP gain when capturing a facility with a much higher number of troops. I think it is fair that when a zerg of 96 people capture a facility, which was defended by merely 12 people, that this zerg gets less XP than a zerg that did the same, but faced an equal number of enemies. A more difficult battle should yield more XP. This would promote fighting even battles, although it cannot guarantee that as humans are a bunch of weird creatures.
  4. Tuco

1 year 10 months since the game was released, and they still haven't bothered tackling the zerging problem.
  5. HellionX

"Zerging" is no a problem unless you are on the losing end. You will never change the zerg but most good leaders try to avaoid it at all costs. |Your Sphere of influence idea won't really work as there are a lot of BR 100's out there that don't really give a damn about xp anymore.

Want to stop a zerg?
    1.) a smaller force CAN hold out against a bigger force if communications are good and defence plan is sound. We have all done it at some point.
    2.) Can't hold out against a zerg too many people? No problem, follow behind them. They will mindlessly roll forward while you cap bases back right behind them. Eventually this will slow a zerg down as some of the forces will stay behind try to recapture. Than the main zerg force will lose steam and rage quit.
    3.) Let zergs zerg. Go do something else. Planetside is what you make of it.

Have a sun shine wonderful day friends.
  6. gibstorm

You do get less, You don't get the bonus. That is 50% less then the players that are getting it on the other side.

Plus you have much less people to shoot, You will spend most of your time not killing anything or fight for the few amounts of kills that are around.
    • Up x 1
  7. Shootybob

Spawn room shields "balance" zerg in that they give players who are zerged something to do until enough people congregate to actually start pushing out.

I'd probably argue for regional XP modifiers to encourage people to rearrange themselves on a continent more quickly.
  8. Axehilt

Over-zerging is less profitable by its nature (fewer enemies per friendly.)

Zerging (using enough players to achieve 50-60% pop) is both profitable and smart and shouldn't be changed.

So no change is needed.

The only time this is a "problem" is when players mistakenly spawn at the wrong place repeatedly and blame the game, rather than accept that they could've chosen a better place to spawn each of the 10+ times they decided to suicide into the enemy spawncamp. Basically if players make better decisions, the problem simply goes away.
  9. Zapon

COnsidering zergs dont actually exist, as these days pops have dwindled to mostly platoons

So, let's talk the real problem

12 vs 96?

Easy,, provide a VERY MASSIVE XP boost for platoons to back up the 12 , if they arrive and start fighting

and i mean massive

It has to be extreme- because of the fact that this month we are due to get the full sized companies of 192 that we've been awaiting for so long(to help bring back some of the biggest fights of the game)

So make it worth it to play ball on the macro scale of sized forces...carrots work as well as sticks for this
  10. iller

Certain towers and under-ground MAZE bases can't be taken without a huge over-pop. But yeah, otherwise, when every single little side-hex that no one should care about, get's Zerged by the same massive Outfits or a bunch FCRW show up just to "pub stomp" every single time, it really stops being fun. People say "don't go to the zerg then!" when the fact is that the zerg comes to YOU more often than not. It doesn't matter where you go. It's like that fat guy with the bad breath at a party who won't take the hint.

I also question whether there's even any solutions. A lot of these people don't even seem to care about certs so changing incentives won't change the behavior. A lot of them do it just to be spoilers. They play too often and stopped having fun so they want everyone else to join them in spitesville. Just google "internet hate machine" to understand it.
  11. DxAdder

The Zerg is the Zerg..

Its a PUG that moves along the path of least resistance until it get to a base where the defenders feel that they actually mount a decent defence (Bio Lab).

You want fair fights ? Not going to happen, with even numbers the defenders should win the majority of the time.

Now if you want better fights that would mean better base design which can be done.
  12. sauna

Yes I want fair fights. Anyone who just wants to steamroll their enemy are bad players that want everything easy in life. I want more people to say "nice, a 12-24 vs a 24-48, let's take our squad there and EVEN things out". Not happening very often. People can't take a loss, people care about their precious K/D, etc. Pathetic mindset in a team oriented FPS game on a massive level, if you ask me.

I want SOE to give incentives for creating fair fights. At least TRY to do so. More exp - on a HEX-LEVEL - for the zerged, less exp for the zergers, sphere of influence (best idea from PS1 ever), I don't care how you do it just make some ******* effort.
    There ARE players who play alerts for exp, play missions for exp, play objectives for exp etc. These are the SAME players that would be LESS INCLINED TO ZERG thus creating MORE even fights.
  13. warmachine1

Some sort of factionwide stop the zerg missions with high rewards would help.
    And get a rid of this instant (zerg) redeploy.
  14. Ol' Brownfists

Pardon? Could you try that again in English please?