Why and how the PPA is overpowered to heck and back

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MisterBond, Sep 3, 2014.

1. ZomboWTF

So you are only able to kill C4 Light Assaults when they are in C4 range with the Canister and you need more than your whole clip for it? yet you call me unexperienced?

yeah, seems legit

if you guys really want the Msgriders secondary to be as bad as the other Empire Specific Secondarys, then why don't you cry out for bringing the Magriders Main Cannon to the DPS and Alpha and Bullet Velocity Values of the Vanguard, either? i smell bias...
    • Up x 1
  2. sucoon

so
    you are looking for nervs,

than nerv:
    - enforcer vs infantry like the saron
    - max rocket luncher / pounder like the comet
  3. Flag

Yes damn if the no drop actually makes a difference.
    Ty for whining your collective way to remove this one.

It's no longer a free win for the NC vehicle as they have to reload now, at least in my experience (didn't get around to testing it personally).
    Although it's still good at anti-harasser duty, it's not as good as ESFs are however.
  4. Ztiller

Eh no, actually. On the last Higby Pls stream higby didn't say anything about nerfing the PPA, but rather talked about how to make it more interesting and fun to use.

He did however straight up say that the Banshee IS OP, and ESF AI balancing will be done. IT doesn't matter how many arguemtns you throw up for "why" the PPA is OP and "why" the Banshee isnt, Higby have clearly said that the Banshee is OP.

And that quote from him is over a year old, and still a load of crap. Which should be pretty obvious from the faction who abused Strikers to such a degree that SOE nerfed the Mosquito.
  5. Zoner

They could change the canister into using a belt-fed magazine (i.e. no reloading) and it would still be trash. It needs something substantial done to it.
  6. Taemien

This is true. But the Kobalt is better for obvious reasons, and funny thing is... the Kobalt is way way better at it than the PPA. Like I said.. with facts backing it up. The PPA isn't OP. The Marauder and Canister are just UP.

To anyone who doesn't believe that. Look at the stats of the weapons. They don't lie. The Kobalt is a superior weapon available to all factions. The only reason the VS use the PPA over the Kobalt is because it fills a great niche on the Magrider that isn't filled by any other weapon. That is the definition of what a ES vs a NS weapon is supposed to be capable of.

We can start by giving the Canister and Marauder a similar niche. An AI splash weapon. Widen the splash of the Marauder and give Splash damage to the Canister.
    • Up x 1
  7. AssaultPig

the big difference is range. The PPA can keep a small area or a couple of doorways clear from the edge of thermal optic range; canister and marauder are a lot more limited. If it got a bit of full auto CoF bloom I think it'd be fine and on reasonably even footing with the canister.

The marauder imo needs a complete redesign, since it's basically just a TR-brand fury
  8. Copasetic

And because it's fun to use, more fun than the Kobalt and certainly more fun than the Marauder. That counts for a lot too.
  9. ZomboWTF

from thermal optic max range, you are lucky if you hit the room inside and not the door itself, PPA has a pretty big CoF to begin with, which is why it has no bloom and it's luck to get a direct hit further away than 10 meters, but i agree on the marauder: it needs a complete redesign
  10. DrBash00

Hmmm here a Question:

Why every weapon needs 100% balance to the compared weapon of the other faction

I drive with a marodeur and i am happy with it, the enemy PPA is sometimes a problem but not that big of a deal.

So yes the PPA is probably stronger as the marodeur, and sometimes i ask myself why a Fury (marodeur like weapon) is on the common pool, why i have no "common" canister or PPA BUT it doesen´t matter!

I have fun with the marodeur, let the VS have fun with the PPA.

AND because there are 3 different factions it is legitim to be stronger in different roles.
    So let the PPA be strong, but also dont nerf the TR stuff to death if somebody consider it as "a little bit 2 strong"

For example, i dont really understand the "airhammer" nerf on the Reaver, the shotgun was not that op and now they nerfed it to death. (And i am no NC pilot, but i really have no idea in what case th Airhammer is a good choice)

Maby just focus on making the game FUN!! Btw. bunnyhopping is a good way to increase the TTK from a PPA ;-).
    • Up x 2
  11. Flag

Not exactly fun, but it's fabulously vanu.
  12. swisscowboy

as a mainly TR Player. I have a VS and NC alt too. The ppa is in a good spot. I think SOE should only limit the range of the PPA.

And for the People who says the banshee is op. I try it, and its require much skill to use it properly (most time i crahsed or get shooted down from a burster max, dumbfire rockets or another airraft).

Banshee=Skill
    PPA=spam mousbutton one
  13. Flag

You're funny.
  14. TheAnnoyingGunner

Good pilots from the other factions can snipe you away as well, but they have to actually hit you. If you fulfill the basic requirements as pilot, you will benefit from this annoying weapon. But I haven't seen that many Banshees thus far, mostly Scythes which stay away 300m and fire down their crappy PPA from all directions.
    • Up x 1
  15. swisscowboy

yes absolutely i see more light ppa user than banshee mosquitos or airhammer reavers.
    PPA = sit 300m away, hoover and spam mousbutton one. Thats wath they called skill.
  16. Xasapis

Really? Because it seems that pretty much all Mosquitos running on Miller use that weapon exclusively.
    • Up x 1
  17. ZomboWTF

yes, and of course both the Airhammer and the Banshee also totally **** you for Air and Vehicle Combat, right?
    lmfao
  18. DQCraze

This is what happens when you go empire specific without an explanation. What the devs should of done is say OK we are giving VS MBT secondary dominance because of X reason. We are giving TR air AI dominance because of X reason. If they really wanted to have fun with it they could rotate dominance quarterly and make like there is a tech race between the factions. This game is evolving and as cpus evolve the game can add more things. I understand how hard it is to make a game this scale function across so many platforms, but it will payoff in the end.
    • Up x 1
  19. Flag

Agreed.

Some of the TR that I know also treat the Banshee as their go-to guaranteed returns weapon/toy, which should hint at it's strength.
    • Up x 1
  20. DrBash00

Well, maby. But if you face me with my banshe Mosquito in a A2A combat as mid(s)killed pilot, i will kick your a***. With a PPA A2A combat sucks pretty hard.

--> My "Radar Mosquito" threat, https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...deo-radar-mosquito-farming-like-crazy.194480/

so i KNOW that PPA is good on skythe, i think the Banshee is even stronger, but i dont know where to use the airhammer (but i also need to say i barely play NC at all)