[Suggestion] Serious no-fly zones

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Serialkillerwhale, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Sekone

Yea just the typical nerf air thread, hurr durr airplanes can't withstand 1 rocket in rl OPOPOP, ok but how many missiles to the face/30mm cannon shots can you take? I'm sure you wouldn't withstand 6x 30mm shells..

Also in RL(wwII era), 1 AA cannon did NOT mean enemy airplanes got vaporized/couldn't approach battles, sure one 20mm cannon shell could destroy an airplane but because aircrafts also have far more speed, it makes them far harder to hit, combine that with being 500m+ up in the air, that's why they normally didn't issue one AA gun per front, it would be useless, you need AAA, that's LOTS of AA gunns or they would be killed by air, AA guns don't have immunity towards "air launched projectiles/shells".

sorry but it's just laughable that some people think that air should't be able to hurt AA guns, thats only true if there's so many of them that they can fill the sky with lead (and then air crafts could counter that by flying higher then the range of the guns)
  2. Nexus545

I'm sorry but two burster MAXs on top of a tower are enough to keep the skies completely clear and if they work together will rack up the kills. I even watched it last night at the crown as they were gloating about it.

I used to be a pilot. I stopped piloting and only fly occasionally because of widespread burster MAX use.
  3. Takara

Except....it wouldn't be fun. Would you enjoy playing a game where you were locked on and shot down the moment you took off? Would you play a game where the moment you walked out of the spawn room you would die from an explosion ? It is a game....there is an element of play here. There is a reason there isn't any realistic combat games....they are a nitche thing only a small group of people really enjoy.
  4. Shinrah

There are still people who QQ about ESF´s? Sorry but I don´t even remember the last time I got podded, or otherwise killed in a VHC by an ESF. Oh, wait, yeah yesterday when I was in my Lightning on Hossin, and in the middle of nowhere got picked up by a swarm of 6 Mossies - killed me pretty fast, those terribly OP things!
    As for Infantry gameplay, when no one bothers to do any kind of AA it happens that an ESF kills me every one in a while. But it´s pretty easy to get revenge, because all you need to do is spawn your 0 res HA with a 250cert AA launcher and keep locking the guy until he either dies or cba anymore.
    And lets not forget that most pilots who are still flying ESF´s are pretty skilled at doing so. If a fresh player jumps into an ESF these days they are just fodder for everyone. And alot of ESF pilots I encounter these days don´t even have ground attack setups but roll with Fueltanks, Firesuppression or similiarly AA suited dogfight setups.

So no, absolutely do not think we need even more AA utility!
  5. M2_Bradley

And the lock-ons have a tendency to fly through things.Like hills,when you try to hide behind them.
  6. AdmiralArcher

.......it was a joke you know.......but i really did kill an AP vangaurd with my skyguard...with a little help :)
  7. Axehilt

The problem is jerks who want good gameplay, and who rightly claim that if ground can create too wide an AA umbrella, the value of air goes down the tubes.

Those jerks just want good, fun gameplay, and they don't understand that games should be miserable and realistic.
  8. ConradHorse

So you want to nerf something because someone has the skill? Do you think it's easy to fly in a coffin and try to hit a guy the size of a sand grain with a dart gun out of 1000 meters? I'm practicing the 3rd day and the only thing I managed to destroy was a bleeding lightning + one poor guy that chased me in reaver after that and hit the rock top gun style. SAM artillery? ok but give us real stealth, mavericks and tactical nukes
  9. Colt556

Except you wouldn't be locked on and shot down the moment you took off, that's not reality. You also wouldn't die the moment you walkd out from the spawn room, again that isn't reality. You say having reality wouldn't be fun... by using unrealistic scenarios. If we had realistic elements in this game those things wouldn't happen for the same reason they don't happen in real life. (spawning in this case being troop deployment)
  10. Takara

They don't happen in real life people people can't respawn, and the fact that we don't have a base 1/8th of a mile away. NOR can we produce tanks and planes out of nanites. A single magrider could sit by a spawn room and with a single ppa shut it down. I don't want that...it isn't fun.

Unfortunatly you have been trying to say the same thing since Beta...I remember you and your posts. I can see you still haven't learned the people who play Planetside don't come here for reality. But keep banging your head on that wall, I'm sure your head will win eventually.
  11. Colt556

Again, you're stupidly trying to say realism wouldn't work by using scenarios that wouldn't happen if we used realism.

Respawning, well that's basically this game's version of deploying reinforcements to an area, while obviously not the exact same the outcome is basically the same; more troops go into an area.

Bases being too close to one another is something that the community has complained about since beta, if we were injecting some realism in here we'd have far fewer bases so that wouldn't be an issue.

Tanks are built in real life, they cost resources in real life. Would it make you happier if we said the tank was made out of steel and was constructed before hand and just elevator'd up to the pad? The result is the same as reality, tanks are put onto the battlefield.

If we were having realism the spawn room would be inside a base, like planetside 1 because bases would be designed to be actual defendable, as they are in real life.

So you see how all the things you complain about are fixed if we inject realism? So, to repeat myself, your scenarios for why realism wouldn't work are unrealistic and thus wouldn't happen.

Lastly, people come here for an arcade game, same as me. I have never once advocated for this to be arma, not a single time. However you can still have an arcade game while having more realistic elements. It's not all or nothing, you CAN blend the two. And that's what I advocate. Adding realism where it can help, and keeping arcade where it works. And besides, considering PS2s been hemorrhaging players since launch then obviously SOE is doing something wrong. Who knows, maybe injecting some reality might spice things up and get people playing again.
  12. [NNG]WillTerry

I think it is a cool idea. We should balance it by giving aircraft more anti ground weapons as well.
    Infantry laser guided bombs that multiple aircraft can hit with one painted target would be awesome!
  13. Anchor IV

nerf everything
  14. Colt556

No, aircraft don't need more anti-ground weapons, they need BETTER anti-ground weapons. As it stands ESFs are more of an annoyance than any real credible threat. They dive in, snag a kill or two and then jet away. That's not what we need. We need ESFs to have a commanding presence if they go unchecked. Personally, I think ESFs back in beta, the release version of rocket pods, that's how ESFs should be. A single ESF hammering your guys should be absolutely devastating. But the only way he's gonna do that is if you don't have proper anti-air support, and the only reason you wont have proper anti-air support is if you either didn't bring it, which is your fault, or because it was taken out by enemy ground troops which is perfectly fair. I feel things in this game need more extremes. An ESF should be a terrifying sight for ground troops, but then dedicated AA should invoke that same terror into pilots, and then dedicated anti-armor should invoke that terror in the anti-air. Combined arms, ho!
  15. [NNG]WillTerry

I also want pre nerf rocket pods back, but AA should stay the way it is. That would be perfect.
  16. Colt556

No, that'd be stupidly unbalanced.
  17. [NNG]WillTerry

I disagree. I think that rocketpods are kind of useless as is and that AA is a bit over powerful. They should tone it back a bit so that ESF anti ground weapons are actually useful.
  18. Colt556

Except AA in it's present state can't do anything against ESFs unless it's heavily spammed. A lone skyguard, a couple burster maxes, they can't kill an esf before it makes it's run and bugs out. With pre-nerf rocket pods an esf can go in, kill an entire squad, and get out. That's not fair or balanced. AA isn't suppose to "dissuade" ESFs like some sky knights believe, it's suppose to KILL ESFs. If AA has proper lethality against ESFs then ESFs can have proper lethality against ground, because it's balanced that way.

If you give just AA lethality you end up with that situation way back when where literally nothing flew because it died instantly. If you give air lethality then you end up with that situation where there were literally no ground vehicles and infantry hid wherever they could because ESFs and Libs insta-killed everything. Give them BOTH lethality and they balance each other out.
    • Up x 1
  19. [NNG]WillTerry

I don't know about that, I disagree. I think AA lethality is pretty strong at the moment but A2G power from aircraft is a bit lousy.
  20. Colt556

Well you're also a dedicated pilot so obviously you think AA is too strong. I think both are crappy and both are too weak. And gotta admit, when a ground-only, primarily infantry player is saying A2G power is to weak, holds a little more weight than say... a pilot-only player saying AA is too strong, eh?