VS: What are your go to mid/long range infantry weapons?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CJ2DaRescue2, Aug 21, 2014.

1. ATRA_Wampa-One

The Eidolon is the best battle rifle in the game since it's the only gun in the game besides the Phaseshift where no bullet drop is actually something useful.
  2. Visigodo

ghost is the only correct answer
  3. REZistance

Try it (Eidolon + the attachments I mentioned) in the Virtual Training room first before you buy, just to make sure you like how it shoots. Also, one piece of advice for you. Don't listen to people when they say a weapon sucks. My experience is usually the total opposite of what people are saying. The Lancer for example, all I constantly heard is how crappy it is, so I stayed away from it for a long time. One day I just decided to buy it for the hell of it and guess what.. I freaking LOVE it, I think it rocks. I wish I had bought it a long time ago. Same with the Crossbow, same with the Eidolon etc. etc.

Your play style will dictate what is a good weapon for you, not someone elses play style or opinion.
    • Up x 1
  4. Vixxing

Yeh, Eidolon is not bad but Parallax is da king...
  5. REZistance

Yeah but the Parallax is a dedicated bolt-action sniper rifle. The weapons he mentioned in the opening post were all Heavy Assault related, so that's why we were recommending these types of weapons. There's no doubt the Parallax is the king for Infiltrators though.
  6. Prudentia

it's a gun that is designed to be used in ADS, due to it's 0.75 movement multipler. which means that while you aim, you still move with 3/4 of your normal strafe Speed while other guns have 1/2 movement Speed.
    the Problem is that it's also inccurate on the move and has random side to side recoil.

if i had to summarize the Zenith i would call it a VX6-7 for ADS Junkies, because a very minor range Advantage for moving a bit slower (VX6-7 is per attachments a hipfire weapon, which gives it a 100% movement Multiplier)
    i really can't think of that many cases where i would prefer the Zenith over the VX6-7
  7. cruczi

CME. The T5 AMC of VS, with only one tier of damage dropoff and 672 m/s with HVA. If only I could have it on a Light Assault! :(
  8. ATRA_Wampa-One

Please never use the CME. The NS-11a is superior in every way to that POS... and it has the exact same velocity as the CME when they're both using HVA.
  9. TheReaperKing82

I run the zenith with a forward grip and a compensator and I have pretty good luck at mid to long range. I actually prefer it over the serpent which I picked up a while back because the zenith seems more controllable for longer bursts.
  10. GnashingOfBeaks

As a medic, I've found that the best weapon (for me) if you are going to be working longer range and steadily closing the distance is the NS-11A or P. I run with a 2x or 3.4x sight, foregrip, HVA and compensator if I'm in a larger group where discretion isn't as necessary or flash suppressor for (some) stealth.

For strictly long-range situations, I have heard good things about the Eidolon, though I personally have not gotten one yet. Playing with it in VR, I'm not particularly enthusiastic about it (mostly because I really dislike semi-auto only guns) but I can see it being very useful, especially as LA. I'll admit that in VR the Corvus at least FEELS like a better weapon but I've yet to use or cert one in actual combat to be able to give a valid opinion there.
  11. Zapon

Hard to know on just what guns to actually go ahead and get HVA, though

...hmm
  12. Ronin Oni

PPA obviously :D
  13. Ragnarox

LoL shotguns have bullet drop if you use slugs.
  14. LIKE A BOSS!

thats why I said pellets of the buckshot.
  15. cruczi

Please don't tell me not to use a weapon I like to use. You can kiss my spandex backside.

And no, NS-11A is not better in every way. CME has better recoil:
    • The recoil pulls to the right, not left. It's what I'm used to from T5 AMC, to me this already puts the CME on top, but let's continue.
    • With grip (adv. grip for CME) equipped, the recoil angle is 11.4°-12.1°, while NS-11A has a slightly worse angle of 12.7°-15°, and the horizontal recoil itself is 0.147 versus NS-11A's 0.15.
    • With HVA and no compensator, CME has vertical recoil 0.22 while NS-11A has 0.24. Not a big difference, but with NS-11A's higher first shot multiplier, the difference in first shot recoil is substantial: 0.44 versus 0.73. This makes the CME noticeably more stable for burst firing at long range, and this is another aspect where CME is nearly identical with T5 AMC.
    All in all, CME is better at mid-long range due to the better recoil characteristics. NS-11A is a bit more forgiving with higher damage per mag, and can specialize better for short-mid with SPA, better hipfire and 0.75 ADS multi. But to say it is superior in every way is flat out wrong, especially in a thread focused on mid-long range weapons.
    • Up x 1
  16. LibertyRevolution

Eidolon, a battle riffle, is your best option for a long gun for your HA.
    As long as you can deal with it being only single shot, and can choose the range you engage at, it is a solid weapon.

Your other option for a cheap long range gun would be the ghost, BASR for your infiltrator.
    It is the low optic BASR, no sway, just shoot people in the face.

Or you can just stick with an Orion and don't engage enemies that are more than 40m out. ;)
  17. M4L4CH1TE

The Eidolon is a hoot. I use it in several different ways. I use the laser site, forward grip, and compensator depending on the site I'm using. Which is in response to the ranges I'll work with.
    Sometimes as an engie needing to keep my sundy alive I'm away from the fire-fight and the X4 scopre and trigger control can drop heavies before they know what hit them. Three fast taps to the head and they're back at the spawn screen.
    You can't spam with it and can't multi-tap the trigger without a brief pause between each but I pull it for HA and Engie alike.
  18. Prudentia

dat irony...
    for anyone not knowing:
    the CME has 670m/s bullet Speed stock and 672m/s with HVA, no thats not a typo, it gains magical 2m/s or 0.3% bullet Speed for severe increases in recoil
  19. Pikachu

Mid long range... iwnt that evrhung except serpent style weaplns? o_O
  20. Yeahy

Lancer is better than all vs sniper rifles ^^