Good NC Assault Rifle?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by IberianHusky, Aug 3, 2014.

1. cruczi

580 m/s is fine to use suppressor with at mid range =). I've used the Gauss Rifle S (600 m/s) with suppressor, it's not hard to use at range.
    • Up x 1
  2. DatVanuMan

The Tross retains the sounds of a war that took place a little over a thousand years ago. IT SOUNDS SO EPIC:eek:
    And also, I main VS, so... Flare, Lasher, and Polaris for the freaking win!
  3. TheKhopesh

Yep. NC most certainly do have bad Assault Rifles.

The Gauss Rifle Burst (GRB) is the worst AR NC have.
    Followed closely by the A-Tross (Which is good for low skill players who cannot correct for the harsh vertical recoil of the Reaper, and have to compensate with just slinging more ammo at the target).

Both of these are downright terrible weapons, preferred by only terribly low skill players.
    (Not because these weapons are a crutch, but that they're weapons that limit the weapon's capability down to the level of the player's low skill.)

Those that like these weapons are bad shots that either:
    Cannot control themselves, and need a burst function to do what they should be doing on a full-auto setting.
    Or cannot control vertical recoil, and need to sacrifice the prospect of getting good at doing so for simply spitting out a few more bullets per reload and hoping they hit the target.

It's quite the a sad state of affairs, really.
    The bad players insisting that these weapons are good are the ones that keep them from being fixed up to be accurate, effective weapons.
  4. Lukivah

Hey, don't say bad things about the Tross. The Tross will probably be my goto weapon after I AURAX the Carnage/Reaper/Tross. It's basically the reaper with 6 more bullets and slightly less accuracy. In the type of fights where medics get the most XP I value 6 more bullets over slightly more accuracy, with emphasis on SLIGHTLY.
  5. TheKhopesh

Hah.
    I've aurax'd every AR the NC can get (but the Prime, working on that now).
    The Tross is utter garbage.
    It can kill, but it's nothing but a downgrade compared to other AR's.
  6. Moz

I perosnally like the Guass Rifle S. I like the first shot multi, it allows for really good grouping.

Also, seems the Tross splits opinion. Some love it some hate it.
  7. Epic High Five

I've got 8 NC Medic auraxes of my own and I love love love the Tross. It's beyond accurate enough and there's just so much you can do with 6,000 DPM and a laughably quick reload. DPS is grossly overrated in this game and the accuracy is just fine.
  8. EViLMinD

Hell you talking about? We don't have bad ARs. If I can earn the Gauss Prime than anyone can pwn with 'em.

Granted, I do prefer the GR-22, Carnage and NC1. They're far better for cq. But, the power of the Reaper and Tross is definitely envied amongst our rivals.

If you want range and accuracy, use the Warden. It's dope.

Still, the Tross is quite accurate over range when you shoot it right (single shot).
  9. TheKhopesh

See, that's what I'm talking about.

You say the right way to use the Tross at range is single shot.
    I agree, this is the best way to use it at range.

This is the issue.
    The Reaper can accurately fire 2 round bursts and stay as accurate as the Tross with single fire at the same range, and when you're within range to use a 2x burst from the Tross and hit both rounds, you can fire 3-4 round bursts from the Reaper at the same range and land all shots.

The Reaper can hit 150-200% as many rounds at the same distances.

Thus, the Reaper is superior (provided you have the skill to do so, as it is difficult to do for most, but the point stands that while the Reaper has a higher skill cap. it can and does consistently outperform a weapon that is designed to be better at range. Even though the weapon designed for range does not do better in the hands of a highly skilled player) to the Tross at range.
  10. Kcalehc

The A(lba)tross* isn't that bad really; it's certainly not the best, and I've only recently started using mine, but it works well enough. Seems to be best used in the 30-50m range, a couple quick bursts does it. Terrible up close, and can only really single shot at longer ranges.

(Seriously: Raven, Phoenix, Shrike, half our weapons are 'bird names', this is clearly the Albatross with some letters missing! Also interestingly, an albatross is a poetic thingy for a 'burden' ;) )
  11. ShotgunGuru

The Carnage and the GR-22 are the best in my opinion
  12. Velicc

Close: Gr-22, Carnage

Medium: NC1 (and burst version), Gauss S

Long: A-Tross, Reaper

EDIT: Added Gauss S (thanks to cruczi)
  13. cruczi

Also, Gauss S = medium-long. Apart from the 200 damage AR's, it's the only one with access to HVA
  14. Velicc

Gauss Burst has HVA aswell if I remember correctly
    • Up x 1
  15. Gamingroach

NC1 Gauss has become very well rounded since the velocity buff. Its still effective at range with a suppressor equipped.

The Tross is currently my favorite when paired with a 3.4 zoom scope. It sorta made the the Warden useless in damage output.
  16. cruczi

Yeah you're right, I always forget about the burst weapons. They're so niche.
  17. Epic High Five

I use the Reaper or Tross (depending on mood) from 0 to 300m and they're fantastic. Just as good? The NC1, which is one of the best guns in the game - great at a ton of stuff and bad at nothing.

The Gauss Rifle Burst isn't a gun, it's an icy challenge

Between the SAW/Tross/Reaper/X11 the Warden is a bit, uh, horribly outclassed. Battle Rifles are definitely a VS/TR thing
    • Up x 1
  18. \m/SLAYER\m/

Tross will be good using at rumble seat in the Valkyrie
  19. EViLMinD

The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

When I use the Tross, I pair it with adren pump. It's an ideal combo for ranged combat when you need to keep moving.
  20. phreec

The only Assault Rifles you'll ever need as NC is the default NC1 Gauss Rifle (med-long) and Carnage AR (short-med).

Anything else is a downgrade or useless addition.
    • Up x 1