Server Maintenance for Game Update August 12th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZioGTS@Ceres

Cobalt must really be the slowest server on earth... :(
    • Up x 1
  2. Anamit117

Yes but how is it that I can play landmark beta on ultra get amazing FPS, same engine as PS2, same player setup, large amount of players, etc?
  3. Anamit117

Ohhhh was wondering why I was getting frame drops must be because it's bent, maybe if it isn't all the light will go straight and ill get better FPS. Man why in the world didn't I think of this before? You my man are a computer genius.

No I just copied that from a post I made when I built the PC.
  4. Goiiath

With this many changes in the game, and the roadmap, it almost seems like a beta test and I'm fine with that. The changes that they promised would come to the game will have a price, major drawbacks left and right, but SOE is following through with their promises. All this new content is almost like a new game, and at least for a player like me thats been around since Helios, I'm happy. It's a reason for hundreds of old players to come back and see the changes, which a lot of them are returning. So many things in game have been wonky or bugged within the last month, but every other day, a patch over means SOE is doing their best to fix those pesky bugs instead of sitting idle. Give them the benefit of the doubt for now? At the end of the day they are fixing problems left and right, so I dont feel that the game is getting fixed to death. But I do agree with you, planetside 3 has begun haha.
    • Up x 1
  5. X3Theta

That is unless you are having a paid subscription. Then your argument is futile. A one year subscription costs double the usual game price. I would call that rather expensive. Unless you opt to not pay. And if you buy weapons, be prepared that they get nerfed. Like the dalton, which is now primarily used to kill aircraft and has basically no tank splash damage any more, which was its main selling point.

I would gladly buy a subscription, but the price tag is just too hefty. Make it 5 bucks a month and I'm in, but the whole gameplay is just not worth more than that.
  6. Atenson

It is hard to sympathize w/ the argument of: SOE is "forcing me" ( free-to-play) to endure a FPS that is only marginally better than 85% of EVERY OTHER PLAYER even though I spent $1500+ on gaming rig."

I am sure SOE is aware of their FPS issues as there are 100+ topics in the general technical support forum:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?forums/general-technical-support.29/

It must be frustrating having to play w/ the FPS of us peasants.
    • Up x 1
  7. RadarX

Closing this up as the maintenance is complete. Please report any issues you find in Bugs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.