Worst faction to fight?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IberianHusky, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Stigma

The VS - just because when the local VS zerg moves on to the next base they invariably run 70% PPAs on their tanks and the first thing they do is to aim them towards every exit of your tower and tape down the fire-button of their mouse before they go make a snack in the kitchen.

The killing is secondary to the mental damage the sound of a hundred exploding PPAs pr second inflicts on you. I seriously can't even understand what people say over teamspeak when under those conditions. For gods sake SOE do something about that sound!

The NC ravens and (to a much lesser degree due to rarity) phoenixes have a lot of the same issue, but they sound more annoying and grating over time and far less deafening.

-Stigma
  2. Facon

As a mainly VS tanker i fear the vanguard a little bit more then the prowler. I have only the horny (Horrnet) missle are no fun to deal with, does this count?
  3. darbue

I like fighting any faction as a VS... Alot of the times if it feels like we are farming we move on to something more strategic.. I love the development of the metagame and feel like the non-zerg or properly lead factions/outfits do as well so it's fun to see them respond and engage with us (GOTR on emerald).
  4. Axehilt

I haven't found a faction yet that doesn't die to bullets, lasers, and explosives.
  5. Palkora

Gotta be miller NC, half of the stuff they do just baffles me, even if it means they end up dying they will try to take anyone with them.

However with the current merges coming I think VS will be giving both sides a hard time.
  6. doombro

VS. Whenever I fight them I enjoy the game a whole lot less. I try to fight NC whenever possible.
  7. Certs-For-Days

Connery, VS
    TR: Fastest firing infantry weapon: Lynx at 909 rpm
    NC: Hardest hitting infantry weapon(s): 200 dmg/shot)
    VS: Have access to both fast firing plasma hoses (Serpent, Orion) and STILL share some of NC's profiles (I think the corvus has 200 dmg but maybe just 167)
    VS have a wide variety of damage or speed to choose from, meaning you don't know what main playstyle they are going to be.
    See also, PPA
    Also see also, PPA nerf!
  8. Rohxer

As an NC, the only faction-specific reason I've ever left fights is at certain bases against VS at night. I play at ultra settings for immersion, full shadows, flora, etc. And there's times I simply cannot even see VS, and I'm not going to dumb down my settings just to play. When this happens, I redeploy and go fight VS on a different - daylight - continent. :D

ETA: Just checked my statistics on the players site. My "Kills Per Empire" is 51% TR and 49% VS, so I fight both pretty equally.
  9. Nemetis

The NC Shotguns! :p
  10. WUNDER8AR

NC because they are hippies and their soundtrack is bad. (granted VS soundtrack is just as bad but at least it doesn't remind me of some toothless rednecks beating each other with dead squirrels on a hot day somewhere in the swamps)

I know it has no actual effect on gameplay but it's somehow always in my head when I'm fighting the NC which annoys the crap out of me.
    • Up x 1
  11. Inex

New players on my faction who are confused by my camo.
    • Up x 1
  12. Zotamedu

Outside: VS and their fagriders.
    Inside: NC because shotguns on shotguns that shoot shotguns on top of more shotguns.
    • Up x 1
  13. Certs-For-Days

that use shotguns for ammo, with optional shotgun slugs
  14. IberianHusky

GOTR is one of the few VS outfits I actually enjoy fighting. You aren't pubstompers like DA, AC, or ZAPS, and you aren't spammy dickheads like GOKU. GOTR seems like one of the few normal outfits on VS.
  15. Xrkr

VS Soldier: You can't get rid of us! We're like crabs! The crabs in your groin! You put on the topical cream and we come back! We come back, better than ever!
    • Up x 1
  16. Bassett

Like what?
  17. Hapah The Heedless

For me personally, the VS on Emerald. Partially because it feels like they've got the stronger A-team, and partially because the most demoralizing encounter I've ever been in by a wide margin was against the VS. It was gross.
  18. PurpleBeefer

I hate fighting VS and IM VS. :eek:

Connery, i somehow dislike TR more than NC, though id rather face the TR air than NC air due to recursion death reaver balls of hate that come our way for blowing up a vanguard with my lib. TR doesnt do that as often, though the mossies are numerous. on the ground i dont care if its NC or TR. Infantry on the other had, dislike NC maxes, Hate the NC god saws, dislike TR on the ground they feel a bit more coordinated but only slightly.

meh, kill all that oppose the spandex
  19. Yuukikun

I don't understand your hate for DA or AC, why would you hate someone for being good? Are you jealous?
  20. IberianHusky

I respect their skill, but getting completely and utterly roflstomped by them at every turn gets old fast. We will be capping a base, and all will be relatively quiet, then right around the 2 minute mark DA/AC will come in and curbstomp us. At that point, we know we are not going to be able to take that base unless we get a zerg of reinforcements, and usually GOKU shows up and spams the place not long after DA and AC have farmed us. We are average players, not mlgpros. So when DA and AC show up, that generally means "YOU WILL NOT TAKE THIS BASE!" and that it's time to redeploy.

This does not happen when we fight NC. Sure, TIW is really good, but they're generally easier to deal with because NC don't blend in with everything like the VS do. Also, they don't seem to do as much of those last minute redeploy shenanigans that DA, AC, and ZAPS are so fond of.