[Suggestion] Lancers need a nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Yosarian, Aug 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightbird

I think the only real problem with these no drop high velocity weapons is they stack really well and for certain bases become overpowered as all approaches by land and air can be covered by 1 infantry weapon with infinite respawn. TR and NC weapon choices and ranges are such that the same thing is only possible with a much higher population. That been said, I don't really see a nerf happening...
  2. xDesideratus

As a regular part of GOKU Lancer camps, let me assure you if Lancers were removed entirely, we'd just mass Annihilators or something else; Lancers already suck to use outside of a dedicated anti-armor squad, they definitely don't need a nerf, as it would make them individually useless. Here's a much better idea: If you notice Lancers happening, just go somewhere else, or even crazier idea, try getting out of your tank and actually being useful! #ArmorCapsPoints
  3. Yosarian

You're ********, you just proved my point
    "Here's a much better idea: If you notice Lancers happening, just go somewhere else"
    That's admitting that a Lancer squad is OP
  4. xDesideratus

Yes, that's certainly what I'm saying, definitely not "If there is a squad or more dedicated to destroying vehicles, your vehicle is gonna get destroyed no matter what they use so you should go elsewhere"

Sorry to hear about your extra chromosome, bro.
  5. Longasc

Request denied.

(blue light)

Don't worry, that was just a fancy flashlight for my Beamer. ;)
  6. FinePool

That is just stating teamwork=op...
    • Up x 3
  7. DualDesertEagle

Well that would go with ALL ESRLs as using them in groups makes them ALL appear OP to the one being mashed by them!

U don't even HAVE a point, to tell u the truth!
  8. sucoon

so let us see the todays nerv the Vs threat, what could we nerv:
    - ZOE - no allready done
    - PPA - allready in progress
    - Serpant - allready nerved
    - HV45 - allready nerved
    - Saron - nerved to the ground
    - Orion - Still someone other crying today
    - Lancer - yeah that it...
    • Up x 1
  9. Copasetic

A dedicated AV squad with any weapon is OP, that's not an issue that's just teamwork. The only real problem with the Lancer is the render range issue which affects a bunch of infantry AV weapons. It's a legitimate complaint but it needs a proper fix and not a nerf to any single weapon.
    • Up x 2
  10. quatin

No infantry AV weapon should be allowed to fire outside of render distance. Otherwise, give me back my AV turret at 600m.

I think people overlook the fact that Lancers can 2 shot MAX units. This should be the lancers niche. No one else can snipe MAX units. Lancer range should be nerfed to 300m. It will still have the highest DPS of any rocket launcher and it will be the only RL that can snipe max, tanks and aircraft.

That's a rather juvenile argument. Give TR pre-nerf Strikers then. After all, you're going to die due to team work anyways right?
  11. Archiadus

Except for every infiltrator in-game at the same range with less difficulty :D

Granted, we can't do it in 2 hits but how often do you stand still without cover after getting hit for 50% of your hp in your max suit?
  12. Yeahy

So lancer is OP in squads but is balanced by itself?
    How to balance lancer: The most lancers there are in a hex, the less damage it does.
  13. Vixxing

They should give Lancer same range and damage as Spiker... problem solved
  14. Axehilt

I'm pretty sure two max-charge shots from a lancer to the rear of an MBT won't kill it. It's something like 3 or 4 max-charges (to rear armor) to kill an MBT, isn't it?

However the game definitely needs a pass at balancing long-ranged AV capabilities that don't originate from vehicles (to go along with the recent range-balancing that happened for most AV that does originate from vehicles.) Lancer, Vortex, AV Turrets are the biggest offenders, and they're basically all examples of why perfectly accurate long-ranged weapons need to be very carefully balanced in a MMOFPS or you open the door to organized players creating truly ridiculous situations.
  15. Lightwolf

you can't hurt what isn't rendered, fyi.
    not saying lancer is op.
  16. DQCraze

I just tested this 5 times back to back. I could not on any of the attempts 2 shot a prowler with full charge. It took 4 full charges to destroy it and that's letting it burn out.
  17. Negator

I WANT EVERYONE TO BE NS AND NOBODY GETS UNIQUE STUFF
    • Up x 1
  18. void666

Another X killed me,nerf X thread...
  19. Cyrek

[IMG]

A tank column can be easily cleared within seconds with a crew of 3-4, just station a group of people out of range from render like the hill on the pic , nuke any Sunderer, Lightning and MBT in range, hell even Liberators and Galaxies. Mass vehicle denial, the weapon is out of control. VS are surely the most naive players. So go ahead on live and exploit this "tactical" advantage.
  20. Latrodectus

Lancers can't be countered by smoke, and they don't give a lock-on warning. You cannot get the same effect with the Annihilator that you can from the Lancer, which can instagib without warning from outside render range. I don't care how much teamwork you use, you should never be able to instantly destroy a vehicle without fear of retaliation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.