Night battles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Howler556, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Howler556

Will the original night battles- the ones that actually look dark- ever come back? I know they were too demanding on some pcs, but with these optimization updates, can we ever expect them to come back?
  2. Prudentia

they were not demanding on performance... they were demanding on MLG type players to change up their gameplay and you know that variation can never be a thing with those...
  3. Regpuppy

FTFY
    • Up x 4
  4. Nexus545

While the dark nights make sense of night vision I refuse to play in the dark with low viability when some people have their brightness up or play on lower settings.
  5. Howler556

That can be solved by making it more of a chore to change brightness instead of just a slider. For instance, you can only change your brightness 1nce daily, so if you up it for night battles, have fun wearing sunglasses for day battles.
    I just really wanna see the nightbattles. That was the major selling point of ps2 for me. The epic pitch black tracer filled fireballing night battles
    And they took them away. Not ok.
  6. current1y

In game is not the only place you can set brightness. Your computers graphics cards have these controls as well as many monitors have the same controls. For example the monitor I have you can set profiles and just need to hit 1 button to switch color/brightness profiles on the fly.
  7. cyb_

Howler556:

Err, you do know that one can change brightness and a lot of other settings on a monitor itself too?!
  8. RaiMarie

My brightness setting on my alienware is brokezard not that it matters since it's stuck on brightest setting anyways. What does matter is that VS army coming out at nights stalking me eeek! lol.
  9. Howler556

Just throwing ideas out there. There could be a fog system at night that could only be broken by thermal, nv, or flashlights. I just think it sucks that people ruin stuff like this by trying to get advantages by screwing with settings. Like people who used to drop graphical settings cause cloaked infiltrators were easier to see then.
    Why don't people look down on that sort of thing?
  10. Zapon

The brightness/gamma tricks have been solved by games like ARMA by adding a physical darkness- however the devs said people were having trouble seeing and were not actively going to at this time pursue re-adding darkness,

funny enough, they have lightened the game even more -i.e. amerish's last major changes to lighting