Nobody plays TR Engi

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Schwak, Jul 25, 2014.

1. St0mpy

engi main, hate tanks, fly sometimes but really not that much - yes we do exist ;)
  2. Inex

In order of rarity:

3) A TR Engi
    2) A TR Medic
    1) A TR Medic within 60m of my a dead MAX
    • Up x 2
  3. swisscowboy

The Problem is the low reward of repairing max Units and other stuff. If i can choose between medic and engineer. I mostly took medic, because you`ll get 100 and more xp for one revieve.
  4. drstrange2014

Have you noticed that Engies get thanked far less than medics in this game? Also, the rewards do not seem to be as high playing engie as they are for medics, as Swisscowboy mentioned. That being said, I haven't noticed that TR engies are less prone to give ammo out. Now VS medics on the other hand, (at least on Connery) I can probably name about half a dozen who stand out (Yorihei for example) and almost every day see many plain running away from casualties, half healing and just generally being annoying. I even had one, a couple of weeks back tell me flat out that he wouldn't come out of a building to rez those of us who were dead because he didn't want to bother. I kid you not.

Of course the problems that do crop up with both engies and medics, I expect from those who are new to the game, but to see them in those who have been playing for more than a couple of months is an issue. In my experience, part of the problem is that some of the larger outfits are just so large that they don't necessarily bother that much with teaching new members how to be proficient or good at support any more and rely on them finding out for themselves and being decent enough to think of others. That that doesn't work does impact the game and especially when a whole advance can be halted because a handful of medics decide to stay at the A point instead of actually rezing people who need it elsewhere, or engies are so obsesses with their turrets that they can't take a few seconds to drop ammo. Find a way to encourage good support play and it could make a real difference in many battles. Well that and the art of sunderer placement...but don't even get me started on that one.
  5. volth

I see alot of engis on Ceres but no one droping ammo :/
  6. volth

Yea and the problem that if someone have a high level on their ammo pack and they drop it you dont going to get any xp from ammo.
    • Up x 1
  7. patrykK1028

Nobody plays them because they have these awful masks
  8. Halcyon

Nobody?
    Where did you get your statistics?
  9. Airmanator

I switch between light assault and engineer often on Connery, but I gotta say, most of Connery TR are brain dead.

They call for ammo and I drop it at their feet, only for them to bolt away and get sniped like the lemming they are. Or the max spamming for repairs and runs away from me even though I'm shouting at him in prox chat. Or when I drop an ammo pack, ten more envies do the same exact thing on the same exact spot, never mind they were nowhere to be seen when we were first assaulting the base.

The list goes on. Now I play a Baron light assault and push the line because no one else will. Maybe the larger outfits are more organized?
  10. Jur270

In emerald not much cuz i dont have much certed my engie
  11. SiosDashcR

I use Ammunition Belt for my LA. Haven't looked back.
    • Up x 1
  12. Airmanator

With a carbine, definitely. Though with a shotgun you shouldn't be afraid of Adrenaline Pump. Don't laugh. The enemy can't catch me on their towers because I'm too swift.
  13. NoctD

Whatever are you talking about - there are so many VS necromancers on Emerald that they're practically stepping over each other trying to get the rez on dead bodies!
  14. DrPapaPenguin

What herecy is this? :p Nanoweave for me is the only choice.
  15. SiosDashcR

If you find yourself running out of ammo often as a LA because you managed to not get yourself detected by the enemy, Ammunition Belt is solid.

I usually find myself going on a good kill streak (usually 3-10) before I die, so Ammunition Belt in my case is necessary... it allows for you to stay in the fight longer, especially if there aren't any Engineers nearby.
  16. DrPapaPenguin

All my previous guns were slow RoF high accuracy carbines or shotguns, so I just dont feel it warrants spending more certs for just one specific carbine. Besides, I can always borrow some from an enemy engie :p
  17. Yaesu

It never fails. I play my engineer, there's 3 to 5 other engineers within 30 feet. Engineers all around me! I certed a 'lite' the other day and tried a max, I couldn't find ammo to save my life.

Guess it's better to have more than enough engineers than none at all.
  18. Stormsinger

The extraordinarily low cap on resupply exp prevents people from playing Engineer. I main as Engie, I frequently follow around armor zergs and park in bases with an ammo pack glued to the seat of my scout-flash. The only reason I get exp for more then ~90 seconds or so is the the radar, it only takes two or three infantry running through to cap out my resupply.

Repair exp is amazing when there are actually maxes around, but most players aren't willing to stand around waiting for maxes to eat grenades when there isnt already a few running around.
  19. Huxer

The TR engies are in vehicles. The carbine selection for TR is abysmal so there won't be many playing the ground game.
  20. SiosDashcR

Wait - What do you mean? Ammunition Belt isn't for a specific carbine. It gives you increased ammo capacity across whatever guns you have loaded out with it.

For me, it works exceptionally well with shotguns + tower base stomping... something I'm refraining from doing on my new character.