[Suggestion] Worldwide Friendly Fire Invulnerability?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ChUnKiFieR, Jul 17, 2014.

1. ChUnKiFieR

[ I have no doubt it's been talked about already but I'm not going to spend an hour searching old posts for it. ]

I'm trying to figure out what repercussions would be brought to the game if players were impervious to friendly fire worldwide. The so-called "fourth faction", (team killing enemy impersonators) would disappear wouldn't they? Weapons locking doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

Those of us who play the whole game statistically are having our KDR's (kill/death/ratio) ruined at warp gates and spawn points just for logging on begging the question then why even have KDR's as a sign of prowess.

I know there was an invulnerability bug or hack being which was being abused causing the safety's to be turned off at the warp gates in the first place, but as I understand computers if it can be written,, it can be rewritten.

So fix it maybe? :)
  2. Prudentia

you play on an american server right? i already heard that there were more people running around TK'ing everyone because they got kicked from vehicles and similiar trivial stuff.
  3. DatVanuMan

I hate how friendly fire counts as a death:( The only way to punish 4th factioners who shoot allies and trolls is to add deaths to THEIR K/D, and not only that, remove one cert for each ally killed. Or, you can activate this no FF setting, in which you don't have to worry about being sliced by that Magrider:D
  4. 3punkt14159

Great Idea! Teamkills in Warpgates or Spawnrooms should be punished harder. Teamkills in a hard fight or while a tank battle shoudnt be punisht because normaly its just an accident. I try to write sorry when i roadkill somebody,. but it happens every day,..

But i dont get it why the never fix the bug in the warpgate, i mean the bug because the allowed tk in the warpgate, this is month ago and it never change back, thats just poor..

But its no wonder, a lot of bugs in Ps2 are known and just staying for months.
  5. GhostAvatar

If they actually included no friendly fire as part of the monthly sub. I am sure SOE revenue would go through the roof.
    • Up x 3
  6. Paragon Exile

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  7. Krayus_Korianis

Like there isn't any now? Tanks kill friendlies, players kill friendlies... Hell, even the air kills friendlies. Your point is moot the moment you posted it.
  8. Justicia

Imagine a few scenarios:

A squad defending a point. A defending squad comes in. They can throw 12 grenades in and run in at the same time, because they don't have to worry about killing friendlies with grenades.

An HE prowler and Zepher Lib can shell points all day long without worrying about the advancing friendly forces, they'll only damage the enemy anyway.

Friendly fire is good. Teamkilling fourth factioners are an extremely, extremely small percentage of trolls. I can count probably on one hand intentional fourth faction teamkills in a year and a half of play. I cannot begin to imagine counting the amount of times where turning off friendly fire would completely ruin battles.
    • Up x 3
  9. Kanil

Not to mention new and exciting ways to troll people if FF was off. You could stand in front of them to stop them from shooting at things.

Engineer turrets could be made mostly useless, as they take a lot longer to set up than it does to walk over and stand in front of it. I suppose it'd certainly get the engineer's attention, if you needed repairs/ammo... heh.
  10. Paragon Exile

Imagine if C4, grenades, mines, gunfire and vehicle ramming did no damage to your team. Think of how bad spam is right now. The hallways are constantly exploding 24/7.

Imagine now there being no repercussions for anything you do.

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  11. sucoon

no friendly fire? play bf4 or cs
  12. Llamar

Wait, are you talking about the invulnerability bug or are you saying FF in the warp gate is a bug. If it's the second, then that's not a bug, they added it to stop the first thing I said, the invulnerability bug.
  13. DatVanuMan

The devs need to start improving the game a bit instead of adding attractive ladie' gels on flashlights:rolleyes:
  14. Sovereign533

That would actually be a reason for me to cancel my sub. And I've had it active since the game launched even when I wasn't at home.
    For me, turning off FF would be a game breaker. I don't want everyone running round every corner pressing their mouse button like bloody re-re's.
    But that said, TK'ers need to be punished. And on Miller we don't see THAT many tk'ers (at least I don't). But if it's a problem on other servers then the punishment needs to increase. But don't punish the few and far between accidentals.
  15. hansgrosse

I am definitely NOT for removing friendly fire from the game at large. Forcing players to slow down and pay attention to what they're shooting at is a good thing and is healthy for the game.

If there must be a punishment for griefing, I think the cert removal suggestion is a good one. Make it a 3-strike rule. Get 3 or more TK's in a specific span of time, and you start losing a significant number of certs for each friendly kill. Perhaps include cert removal for killing friendly vehicles if you do more than a certain percentage of total damage to them as well.

Honestly though, I don't feel that griefing is a significant enough problem to warrant such a measure right now. Sure, I get killed by the occasional douchewaffle at the warpgate, but it's rare in my experience, and it's even rarer to be intentionally TK'd out in the field.
  16. Taemien

Two things would fix TKs.

1. TK's result in deaths on stats. Not sure why it doesn't do this already. Other games do it. I kinda like the ticket system you see in other games. I wish bases had that as well. TK's would hurt the effort. The way it works now is there is an 'end justifies the means' sort of attitude in some cases. Everyone's guilty of this.

2. First suggestion only works with the accidental TK. The purposeful ones are done by low BR alts. Only way to fix these is make the game Pay to Play.
  17. Huxer

Yep the first glaring problem with this would be the abuse of explosives in an assault scenario. Imagine if you could send in infantry guys while 2 HEAT Prowlers spammed through the doorway the infantry came in. The infantry are shooting and dropping C4 all along the way tossing nades and running in. I don't think this would be fun for anyone sorry, can't back this idea.
  18. FateJH

Wasn't there a PSA that said Warp Gate Invulnerability restored on PTS? They're probably checking or awaiting for user input to check interactions with their changed code now.
  19. Liam23490

Friendly fire needs to be on everywhere. If it was turned off inside spawn points and warp gates, people might be tempted to run out, kill you, and hide inside.
  20. MonnyMoony

Removing FF isn't the answer to intentional team kills.

Negative XP is.