An appropriate response to when people of your faction fire at your vehicle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alabammer, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Alabammer

I drive a harasser. If people at/in/near the warpgate fire at me, my vehicle is vulnerable to just about anything. I just dont tolerate it, and heres a vid to show what happens when you piss alot of people off with stupid behavior.

• Up x 11
  2. Frozen-K

I agree with this. Open fire on my prowler, expect me to retaliate. Don't want to get blown up? Don't take shots at me.
    • Up x 8
  3. KoS-1

This crap is getting worst and worst. Especially when you don't let peeps into your vehicle.

The self-absorption, the world revolves around me attitude people have anymore is sucking the life out me with this game.

Just report the hell out them. If problem not resolve, go to corporate relations. Especially if it's a paying customer who is being harassed in game.

Or go to extreme, file a criminal complaint. Don't laugh, their are laws and treaties(if applicable) where one could do that in fact. Just ask that TX boy playing on xbox, someone took acception to what he said. Authorities came and arrested him.

Heck if we can arrest someone in CT for passive/aggressive stabbing a watermelon in his own home. Charged him with disorderly conduct. Then almost anything can happen.
    • Up x 2
  4. Rigsta

That kind of thing really annoys me. People even do it when I'm trying my stealth flash. Handbrake turn
    > Fury.
    • Up x 1
  5. EGuardian1

I've had Liberators C4d in the Warpgate because I kindly explain to them that it's being used for filming Duster Lib runs and it's a squad only thing.

Like... It's a DUSTER lib, Not like we're going to get mega killstreaks or be a sky knight. Sometimes i can't even get someone in my outfit stupid enough - uhhh... i mean brave enough to man it, so I just sit at the WG yelling for people to get in.

I think the worst was someone placed C4 on my Reaver nose gun once. I have to admit, that was pretty ingenious, but it was a shock when i opened fire and WHAM, Explosion.
    • Up x 1
  6. oberchingus

So that's what you were talking about! I was like....wth, what lightning?
  7. ronjahn

I just don't tolerate it anymore.

You shoot my vehicle, I shoot you back. Idc if you happen to be using a pistol and I happen to be using a Titan 150 AP cannon.

If I'm in my harasser, you are promptly run over and then I do donuts on your body while spamming my elf laugh horn.

If I'm in a lib I either road kill you, TB you, or jump in the rear gun depending on mood.

There are multiple ways to ask for a ride. v-5, the Q radial menu, and proximity chat all work better than bullets.
  8. MajiinBuu

Whatever happened to proportional retaliation?
    • Up x 4
  9. DirArtillerySupport

None of this ends well for anyone.
  10. EGuardian1

When all you have is a hammer...
    • Up x 2
  11. Rhumald

You're only perpetuating the idea that Team Killing is ok.

It should never be ok.
    • Up x 4
  12. Alabammer

Tell that to the peeps who started it, we just straight up werent having any of it and they learned that lesson the hard way, I shouldnt have to tell people dont shoot the same team, and if by some chance they didnt know better ie. lvl 1 noobs, well consider that lesson...number...one.
    • Up x 2
  13. Frozen-K

I don't often respond with lethal force, but if your actions do cause me to lose my tank, I'll repay the favor in spades. My tank is expensive, and I don't tolerate losing it to friendly fire. Everyone else here feels the same, though maybe they don't take revenge.
    • Up x 5
  14. EGuardian1

Well... admittedly you get dolts like me who dance around in front of your tank and get your friendlies to shoot at me, missing and hitting you. I've killed several Sundys as a medic (having spent my C4) doing this exact thing. Mind you it's a complete suicide run and doesn't always work, but priceless when it does.

I get TK'ed a lot, and I TK back IF i feel it's deserved. A mistake is a mistake, but intention is all that matters to me.
    • Up x 2
  15. Frozen-K

It's obvious if my damage taken by a friendly is over 40%. Anything below I tend not to bat an eyelash at unless it was an active attempt at TKing.
    • Up x 2
  16. Taemien

Sometimes people take a shot just because they think its funny. Sometimes they are dinking around. Either way their behavior needs to be corrected. This video shows a good way to do so. One guy thought it'd be funny to shoot near a harasser. That shot could have seriously damaged the harasser if it hit. Whether it hit or not isn't the point. What is the point is if it did the harasser would have had to stop to repair. That holds everyone up.

See if only one person shot back at him, he would have felt defiant and self justified. But everyone did. Now he feels belittled and defeated.. as he should. He'll think twice about doing it next time.

That just how millennials think. If one person tells them they are wrong, they get defiant and act poorly. But when they no longer feel part of the group. When they no longer feel they are cool. When they feel like an exile or an outcast, they get a sick feeling in their stomach. They don't like that feeling. They'll learn. And they'll correct their behavior.

Kudos on the vid. That Lightning driver will not cross you again. He knows a group is against him and he will always lose.
    • Up x 8
  17. oberchingus

WAIT WAIT WAIT....you have a harasser?!

I've never seen you in it! o_O
  18. ronjahn

I've been driving harassers for awhile, and have it fully certed :) Reason you prob haven't seen it is I generally run AI Setups and play a close quarters infantry support role. Very dangerous, but it's taught me to be a good driver and how to get out of tight spots. I auraxiumed the fury-h solo about a month ago and have been having a lot of fun with the canister and kobalt since.

I've been putting certs into the enforcer though so maybe we'll run into each other soon!
  19. Silus

And this is why I drive Lightnings.
  20. ZeroErrorz

well at least on air this kind of dip **** didnt happen as often,i guess pilot got more brain....