[Suggestion] NC05 Jackhammer Improvements

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Hibiki54, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Noktaj

Jackasshammer, Lolhammer, Nubhammer.
    I've heard any kind of nicknames for the ridicolously OP weapon.
    Feel free to share the nicknames you gave it.

Seriosly, if there's something needed for the Lolhammer is a nerf, not a buf.
    I might be biased though... you know... playing VS and all that...
  2. DevDevBooday

The reason is why it is a silly post is because it is like us asking for buffs for the MCG. Both weapons are borderline OP as it is.
    Asking for buffs to something that no one regards as underpowered or needing tweaking wont be taken seriously.
    We need to stop focussing on our own faction getting love and on balancing this damn pendulum ocean of chaos.
    For instance I am TR but i do think that Pounders are bloody ridiculous, i dont care that me and my friends can benefit from it because it is ruining the fun for other factions same for Mag PPA.

Jackhammer is absolutely amazing as it is, if you added 2 of these points you would need to have a tradeoffs
    Straight up buffs to it would throw out balance.
    Look at the Lasher and tell me again that the Jackhammer needs buffs.
    • Up x 1
  3. Posse

Nobody asked for a ZOE MAX buff back when it was broken, nobody is asking for a PPA buff right now, yet you're asking for a buff to the most overpowered infantry weapon in the game, toplel.
    • Up x 3
  4. DxAdder

I would love to see the JH get access to Slugs but other than that I don't think it really needs anything else.
  5. CorporalClegg

Its not OP. Far from it. But it is a stupid weapon that sucks at anything beyond 30m and is barely competitive at 20-30m. On the flipside, its a "LOL I WIN!" Button for anything less. I've almost auraxiumed it and it feels like im trolling when using it.

Ive already made a thread on this. Its an idiotic weapon. It doesnt need a buff or a nerf, its just idootically good at one thing and completely useless otherwise like a longer ranged pump action but limited to heavy and thus "balanced". Textbook broken weapon

It needs an overhaul. Vanu complain about the lasher but it fills a niche that no other vanu weapon occupies. You dont have to believe me, but it absolutely scatters entrenched enemies. Unfortunely, scattering enemies provides no certs so its *****ed about. Even the MCG scatters enemies since it makes a unique sound that scares people off. The jackhammer is not in the same category as these. Its horrible for supression.

Sorry for the ramble, just a few thoughts on heavy weapon balance.
  6. Kuriby

Jackhammer doesn't need improvements. Its by far the best shotty in game. Its the ONLY weapon I use for the heavy now.
  7. Posse

Which is 90% of all infantry engagements

And that's bad gameplay design.
  8. Hibiki54

So, let me ask this:

How would a bigger magazine and faster pellet velocity change how the Jackhammer operate? Everything is essentially the same, except more ammo.
  9. BiggggBRIM

I'm curious why you feel the Jackhammer needs improvements? Its currently the best shotgun in the game.
  10. ARTIFICIALDIFFICULTY

[IMG]

i think i just had a small stroke
  11. RHINO_Mk.II

Jackhammer is already perceived as overpowered by the other factions due to three factors:
    1. They can't have it.
    2. It can instagib.
    3. Lots of heavies use it.

While I would enjoy it getting something to further differentiate it from other shotguns, I don't think we would ever hear the end of it if it was buffed. Because NC are allowed to have shotguns (ahem, canister) just not GOOD shotguns.
    • Up x 3
  12. MuNrOe

More ammo in it so I can clear entire rooms without having to reload after killing 2 shielded heavy's. This is how I feel using my jackhammer walking into a room with 3 enemy's

• Up x 1
  13. Posse

The same way a 100 magazine in the Orion would literally double my KDR.
    • Up x 1
  14. miraculousmouse

Holy ****. Your kd > avid vehicle users. Unless you sneak in some liberator gunning action? :p
  15. GrandpaFlipfox

It's a shotgun that can kind of pretend it's not a shotgun. It has a longer TTK than pretty much every automatic in semi-auto and the burst fire is like flipping a coin for the win that HA shields will still prevent regardless. Great for Maxes but otherwise RNG based cheese which just makes it poorly designed, not overpowered.
  16. Moz

All FANTASTIC ideas.... :D
  17. Moz

"Ridicolously OP weapon" I read this as "Vanu dont have this", which is the same in thier alien tongue.

NC OP PLZ NERF!

Its not OP, its fine.
  18. Hibiki54

We need at least 15 rounds minimum to do any real work with the Jackhammer. None of that burst mode crap either.
  19. Noktaj

One-shot kill weapons are never fine.
  20. DatVanuMan

I actually thought you wanted EVERYTHING LISTED to be added to the Hammer. I read the few final sentences, though, and it sure is a reliefXD
    Less spread would be good, and so would a bit more velocity. Now then, when do I receive my cookie?