[Suggestion] Wait......which is the faction specific trait for vs?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Silronth, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Liam23490

Well in my case, I haven't noticed horizontal recoil. Perhaps I will find it if I look, but I've been killing way easier as VS than NC, and I don't even have my certs yet.

Edit: Can someone tell me how to quote people? I don't see a quote button..
  2. Ohmlink

There's a blue reply in the bottom right of their post, kinda small and doesn't stand out. The only weapons VS could complain about is AR's since they don't really have any that the NS11 doesn't already do, but better.
  3. Liam23490

I press the reply in the bottom right of a post, but I get a blank box, no quote.

And I'm not much of a fan of the NS11, but there is an amazing 800RPM AR that I can't remember the name of yet...
  4. zombielores

Honestly, all he would have to do is change the velocity number and gravity number, currently gravity for VS no drop is set at 0 and the NC/TR is set at X (no idea the exact number) and just up the velocity to their NC/TR counter part, not exactly 1/3 of the code, more like 1% of the code but they don't trade much for no bullet drop but they don't gain much either except on certain weapons.
  5. Ohmlink

HV-45 is a good close range AR and the Corvus are two specialty AR's that do something different. And until the recent addition of the Terminus VS AR's were all basically NS11 guns, but with slightly different attachments. The equinox is a NS11 with launchers, instead of .75 ADS. Most tend to go with the move speed.

This not to say the Equinox is bad, but why get it when you can get the NS one which can be used on all factions.
  6. Regpuppy

Not really. Real life military organizations actually favor putting more lead down range
  7. dohh

I'm pretty sure the faction traits are mobility/adaptability and no bullet drop on most weapons (which imo actually means something.)
  8. Nikushimi

No, wile this may have been true before the mag had its traction nerfed. Other tanks can get to most of the same spots the mag can it just takes a little more effort to do so. All at the cost of being the slowest (without mag burn) and having the worst velocity and lowest DPS on the main gun, not to mention the limited vertical fire angle compared to all other MBT's. Really the only thing the Mag has going for it is its secondary.

*facepalm* this topic has been debunked countless times. Bullet drop is useless on most weapons, at the distances that it starts to matter, you are already well out of your weapons effective range. The only weapons it would have a true impact on do not benefit from this trait (IE BASR's)
  9. Czuuk

10. Nikushimi

Not even close, Lancer at max charge does 750, Decimator does 1335.
  11. oumajgadxoxo

The funny thing is that most people who whine about no bullet drop are playing NC... Faction far better in almost every aspect than other two. Weapons with so high damage that single random HS ends the fight and higher vertical recoil which is easiest to controll. But hey... NC are hard to play because they have bullet drop xD

Oh, and one guy on first page said that mag is great tank. SS this, put in frame, and keep it for next generations.

P.S. Orion whine - one of the few weapons we have that isn't crap compared to the guns that other factions have gets all the hate. But hey, its fine when NC have ******** op guns.
  12. LibertyOne

Seriously, go away. VS is ez-mode straight up. If you seriously think VS is somehow disadvantaged, you really are playing the wrong game.
  13. RHINO_Mk.II

Which would be great and all, if there were bases with control points in the middle of a field. On the other hand, 80% or more of control points are inside buildings, where the SAW is terrible.
  14. zombielores

A. You cannot nit pick like you say, it either applies to all reasonable ones or none don't be nit picky. I only said weapons that really benefited from it, I'm not going to talk about balance since this is a "faction specific trait" talk, not a balance talk.

B. Lets assume the ALL MIGHT HIGBY gives the VS some meaningful trait, then the PPA loses its no bullet drop and the gravity value is set at the the Vanguard AP cannons, so (gravity)*(muzzle velocity) [I believe it's calculated that way] you would be firing super slow velocity plasma orbs and it would still drop a lot. My point was that the PPA's effectiveness would drop cause the one of the main point of the weapon is that you can spam accurately out to render distance like most VS weapons.

C. slightly and extremely is just opinions, you might look like its nerfed slightly, I'll look like its necessary, now on the vice versa, I could say the NC Max pre-nerf was overpowered *slightly*, what they did was nerf it *extremely*. That is the problem. See what I did there, I just changed 3 words and we would be talking the exact conversation except about maxes, its all opinion but the stats show that the Mag was out performing both tanks so it was nerfed, could have been a whole lot worse when you look back at it. FYI the Mag still performs better then the vanguard in stats so all these opinion and theories are just theories and opinion until you have solid evidence to back it up.

D. The GD-22S is not a clear upgrade over the Flare, the Flare has access to HVA, SPA, Compensator, 6X scope, and extended magazine along with the regular standard attachments while the GD-22S only has access to standard attachments like the suppressor, flash suppressor, grip, laser sight, flashlight, and scopes excluding 6X (Do keep in mind forward grips DO NOT reduce vertical recoil on LMG but compensators do). The GD-22S is clearly not a straight upgrade over the Flare as you have more choices when using the Flare, it's like comparing S versions to none S versions. Flare also has a 3 round burst helping it retail trigger discipline over longer ranges.

Are you criticizing my ability to comprehend what a sidegrade and an upgrade is, note the Flare has more attachment options over the GD-22S while losing only some stats that can be boosted by the attachments to make it better in certain areas then the GD-22S. I actually can compare any weapon to their counter part and I will not find any pure upgrades and I definitely didn't nit pick, I simply picked the ones with the most similar stats and it showed that they were both sidegrades of each other. Now on the flip side, I can compared the EM1 to the Polaris.
    EM1/Polaris
    RPM 652/652
    Muzzle Velocity 650/625
    Short Reload 3.5/3.925
    Long Reload 4.465/4.925
    Vertical Recoil 0.335/0.3
    Horizontal Recoil (0.2/0.2)/(0.2/0.2)
    Recoil Bias (<=>)/(>)
    Recoil Decrease (12)/(13)
    FSRM (2.3)/(2)
    CoF Stand Still Hip (4)/(3)
    CoF Stand Move Hip (4.5)/(3.75)
    CoF Crouch Still Hip (3.5)/(2.25)
    CoF Crouch Move Hip (4)/(3.25)
    Bloom, ADS CoF is both the same.

^ Clearly the Polaris is better then the EM1 in almost every way except reload speed and muzzle velocity (no bullet drop at the cost of velocity makes this part really minor/redundent). They both cost 250 certs and have the same damage and RoF for both of them, so what seperates the difference between EM1 and Polaris, EM1 gets extended magazine and flash suppressor while Polaris Gets Compensator and 6X scope. So the Polaris is a straight UPGRADE over the EM1 in every situation, EM1 with ADV lase sight will statistically and practically lose to the Polaris in every situation if both players are evenly skilled, now that is an upgrade not a sidegrade.

Give me 2 similar weapons with close RoF Damage tier, purpose and I can get you the stats for it and we can see whether its a sidegrade or upgrade/downgrade cause the Flare is a side grade to the GD-22S while the Polaris is pretty much a straight upgrade to the EM1. I showed you a far comparison between sidegrade weapons instead of showing you the Polaris being a straight upgrade over the EM1 so I definitely didn't nit pick so choose your words carefully from now on cause your not going to win at this.
  15. zombielores

*facepalm*What about the PPA, the Saron, the Lancer, the comet, the vortex, SASR, Battle rifles, suppressed weapon with SPA? don't be nit picky and pick weapons that it doesn't benefit that much from but leave the ones that benefit from it the most.
    • Up x 2
  16. Vikarius

A. I never nit picked, you originally quoted MY post and nit picked what I SAID. I clearly said small arms /infantry weapons. Faction traits have a factor in balance, so again ... try not to logical fallacy...ty

B. Again.... you are just assuming what the gravity number applied to the weapon would be.... you are just assuming what the velocity of the PPA would be if it was given drop. You have no idea, it is a unique weapon... if they gave it drop they could as well give it 700 m /s velocity... you have no idea. There are lots of weapons WITH bullet drop that have a velocity value that makes the weapon travel very far before having to experience drop, or having to seriously account for it.

C. Part of it might be opinion, however so are the metrics that you claim are the all-truth. Those metrics did not show which tanks were 1/2 vs 2/2 nor did they show the average BR (aka experience) of the drivers of the tanks. They also didn't show the average loadout (like were there a lot of Ap/Saron magriders killing HE/Vulcan prowlers?). Which makes the very metrics the devs said they balanced on in the tweets back then, moot. They are incomplete, by a huge margin.

D. It is an upgrade. Those attachments offer minimal differences, I mean this is common knowledge.... not sure why you are getting lost here. The fact you think the Polaris is an upgrade to the EM1 even by those stats, much less the GD-22S vs Flare argument, makes me again question your knowledge of the defintions of both "sidegrade" and "upgrade", because clearly you are hazy on them at the very least. Taken directly from your own words :

I also like to note how amusing you are to me, you are in some emotional aggressive posting state when all that was asked for was basically a feasible faction trait for one faction. It is pretty clear you play NC and if not *only* NC, it is *mainly* which means it really doesn't have much to do with you. Hell, getting a viable faction trait for VS wouldn't be top tier priority in my book either, I think there are far more important items that have a heavier effect on the games health (like being too easy to redeploy at will and spam AMS's) or the fact that (there are hard counters to one class in the game, but not any of the others) and (HA shield I win button) things like that
  17. Axehilt

Just because the VS can't be boiled down to one convenient trait doesn't mean they're not viable. Any imbalances aren't from lack of a distinctive trait, they just happen to be unique imbalances to be solved.
    • Based on aggregate player stats, Magriders have historically underperformed (alongside Vanguards) compared with the best tank: Prowler. Which reflects my own experience (in fact my Prowler stats are higher by an even larger margin than the aggregate stats.)
    • ZOE is bad, but so are all ES MAX abilities. Riot Shield has limited use in organized point-hold situations but they're all pretty lousy and should be improved (but that might not be possible without a redesign, since they just fundamentally fill different roles.)
    • VS infantry weapons are generally good, except for their carbine lineup which is slightly worse due to awful magazine sizes. (I still see relatively competitive results from them, but definitely prefer TR carbines over VS.)
    • Lancer is the only good ESAV. The others are below average (Phoenix) or bad (Striker). Honestly the Lancer should be nerfed because it's bad for the game if infantry have powerful long-ranged AV weapons (Lancers should have significant damage degradation over range, with a significant increase to base damage at short range.)
    People need to stop panicking just because they can't sum VS up in a single phrase (like "damage" or "rate of fire"). All that matters is the actual balance of each thing.
  18. Phyr

VS have splash weapons.
  19. AshHill07

TR - Higher Rate of Fire & Higher Damage Per Second
    NC - Heavy One Shot Damage & Heavy Armour
    VS - High Mobility & Laser Weaponry (and all its sci-fi attributes)

Reasons I mostly play NC is because of my play style. I tried TR and found it OK, but I also tried VS and deleted the character after a few hours ... Hence the gap in my naming system. It just comes down to preference. Find your preference, don't just QQ that the faction you kind of like the look of doesn't suit yours (Looking at you VS).
  20. RHINO_Mk.II

Lancer has its own damage resist type meaning it deals double damage to: MBTs, Lightning, Sunderers, Harassers, Flashes. It also deals 170% damage to ESFs and 150% damage to MAX units.