For Those who dont know about Hossin

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Forkyar24, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Forkyar24

Hossin was designed how it was suppose to be, lots of trees the hills how they are, and yes fog that's how it was in planetside 1, so if you don't like it, get over it or get out.
    • Up x 5
  2. Goden

You can't really use this excuse anymore now that locking in place.

I would love to play on another continent, trust me on that - but I cannot.
    • Up x 2
  3. PointmanGreen

There's Esamir and Amerish right? It's nice to finally not have the biggest fights constantly on Indar anymore.
    • Up x 2
  4. HadesR

Well not just that but if to many people " get out " then people like the OP will be complaining in a weeks time that it's back to Indarside ...
    Indar is most played for a reason ...
    And it's not because of mountains like Amerish
    or Walls like Esamir
    or Fog like Hossin

:p

But sadly you can't give feedback without people giving the grumpy old man " get oooff my lawn " routine
    • Up x 2
  5. Halo572

Well having spent a couple of hours on there, I'm not getting over it, so it looks like I'm out.

I really do need to start keeping a tally of how many times I have uninstalled this graphic engine demo, if I don't start keeping count I'll never keep track of it.

See you at the next 'major' update or Christmas, whichever comes first.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ronin Oni

You will ALWAYS be able to avoid ANY ONE CONTINENT you want.

Don't like Hossin? There's guaranteed to be 1 more place to fight, and with it as the only other choice, pretty much guaranteed some people will be there.
    • Up x 2
  7. Ronin Oni

We have an Indar

We don't want another Indar.

It's a GOOD THING each continent is different.

And God help me if I can figure out why people like Indar. That place is AWFUL. Boggles my mind how it's the most played.

THANK GOD FOR CONTINENT LOCKING. Boo Freaking Hoo, Indarsiders have to finally play somewhere else. HOW THE HELL DOES IT FEEL TO HAVE TO PLAY SOMEPLACE YOU DON'T LIKE?
    • Up x 4
  8. HadesR

I think the problem is and is more a problem with the locking itself is that .. Two locked Cont's .. X cont is full .. Only option is Y cont that he doesn't like > log off ..

Only idiots play where they don't like .. for everyone else there is the log off button ..
  9. Ronin Oni

4 continents.

2 are locked

That leaves choice of 2 to play on.

Also, the # of max locked continents is to become dynamic based on server pop in an upcoming update, FWIW.

BTW: How you think a lot of us felt everytime we logged in and saw the ONLY 48+ fights being ALL on Indar.

EVERY SINGLE ONE... EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Did we all just /logout? Well, sometimes, when I was REALLY burnt on it and just couldn't take anymore. But if I wanted to play the game, I sucked it up and played on bloody Indar.

So YES...

DEAL WITH IT.

We've had to "DWI" for the last 2 years and never got any sympathy from Indarians... so don't act all shocked when we don't care one stinking iota about your woes over not being able to play on Indar.
    • Up x 5
  10. HadesR

No Indar woes here :)

I play Infantry so Esamir is fine as the walls don't bother me.
    Amerish has the best base design even if it is a little dull
    Hossin can tweak the graphics to get rid of the fog and gain advantage ...

I'm good ty :)
    • Up x 1
  11. volth

Yea but I dont think peoples going to play Esamir or Amerish, what i hear so do most peoples log out when they cant get to Indar or Hossin. Hossin have a long queue so they cant get to that continent, so they sit in Esamir Warpgate and wait for a place on Hossin or that Esamir shall lock so maybe Indar unlock or they log off.
  12. PointmanGreen

Then "most peoples" couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag... I know this is just a game, but come on, that's just pathetic.
  13. Morchai

Players are the content. Drive them off at the peril of not having anyone to fight. With the recent server merger, population may not look like much of an issue today, but there aren't any more east coast servers to merge.
    • Up x 2
  14. volth

Then you can fight alone then :)

Hossin is the worst map i have ever played, hard to find on the map and hard to enter bases + bugs, fog, invisible walls, fall throught the map, low fps and so on. Esamir and Amerish is boring maps, I dont want to play on them only with my outfit on alerts.
    Indar is a good map for new players too.
  15. Ronin Oni

Didn't really have a choice these last couple years.

Sure, I'd log off quite a bit, hoping to find an Esamir or Amerish alert so I could play off of Indar, but most the time...

I had to play Indar or I had to log out.

So yeah, I played a map I hated because my only other option was to NEVER PLAY THE GAME.

I like this new system, theoretically anyways, in that everyday I log in it's potentially 2 different continents for me to play on. After all....

VARIETY is the spice of life

(Side note: No matter HOW many times I try and tell my fiancee that she still gets all mad about my asking to sleep with other women :D :D :D j/k ... kinda )
  16. ironeddie

I like hossin. And the variation between the continents is great, something for everyone. I'm not sure hossin suits my play style but it's to early for me to be certain.
  17. Klaatu

Some of the above comments only goes to show that F2P games bring the biggest cry-babies.
    • Up x 1
  18. Caserion

I can only imagine you saying this to people who don't like Hossin for a reason such as lag thanks to population lag or asthetics.

-well then, go out of Hossin if you don't like it. Get out!

*only other open continent is Indar*

-Well, back to Indar :( and no way to lock Indar thanks to the high population
  19. Alizona

I think Hossin is just what I had hoped it would be, and more. It is a fantastic place for battles. There's cover everywhere, and those Libs and fighter jets who want to stay up high and fight like cowards on other continents, sorry - get down here and battle it out in the trenches, tough guy. :D

I played six hours today and finally just had to take a break for physical reasons. LOL Hossin is terrific!
  20. Verenz

Muahahhaha Now you understand my hatred of Indar!