Tank Mines in the Water

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarox, Jun 26, 2014.

1. FABIIK

Jungle and swamp are NOT MEANT FOR TANKS !!!!

Use at your own risks.
    • Up x 2
  2. JibbaJabba

If you have trouble seeing them then tough. No sympathy.

Not being able to destroy them is game breaking though. That's a bug.
    • Up x 1
  3. Halkesh

I'm not sure but...
    On Hossin background, they speak about landmines, maybe they are neutral landmines on hossin ?
  4. Revanmug

It is as I feared.

I'm not even sure why I doubted it. They never fix such obvious problem until it is too late.
  5. Alarox

It isn't like I am personally deficient at seeing them. It is that they're completely invisible. Can you imagine if proximity mines were invisible and you have to use flak at all times on Hossin? It is the same concept.
    • Up x 1
  6. Koldorn

Just sounds to me like there is now actually a place that validates mine-guard. : \
  7. JibbaJabba

As in... you drop a mine yourself and it vanishes before your eyes? Same thing with AP mines?

That would not be good mechanics.
  8. Goden

If they are totally invisible then they need to be addresed. The people who are getting on a high horse and defending this like it's some sort of intended feature are really sad.
    • Up x 1
  9. Rohxer

RadarX posted that this was a known issue 12 + hours ago. Not sure why you are all surprised. It will be fixed. Until then use one of the available counters and drive around them. I'd rather be able to play a new continent with a few glitches than not at all, personally.

• Up x 5
  10. Ronin Oni

Hossin looks like the least tank friendly map...

and very hostile to air too though some people will get good at using all the hazards to their advantage.

But tanks? Tanks are going to get chewed up and spit out me thinks.

In any case, you could try firing HEAT/HE into your path, or just let someone else always go first :rolleyes:

and yeah, I think I'll be making use of EOD if I drive on Hossin.

Maybe mineguard.
    • Up x 1
  11. Ronin Oni

because FLOATING LAND MINES would make so much sense :rolleyes:

Guess what, EVERY OTHER GAME that features water and land mines WORKS THIS EXACT SAME WAY.

What could they possibly do about it anyways?
    Make them float? (ridiculous)

Arbitrarily block ATM placement in shallow water? Are we going back to the annoying ACE tool placement functionality just for this then?

Autodetonate ATM's in water? Or make them inert? Cause those make soooo much sense too.

It's a hazard, learn to deal with it.
  12. Ronin Oni

Well not being able to shoot them through the water sounds like a bug...

but NOT the ATM's deploying in shallow water and functioning as intended. This is par for the course for any combined arms game with shallow water.

Why tankers are acting surprised is beyond me.

Obviously they need to be destroyable so you can detect them (EOD) and clear them. But that's the ONLY bug/problem here I see.
  13. Goden

Sigh. We've been down this road before when tankmines were bugged and sunk into the ground. Do we really need to go through this BS again?

It's cheap and BS and every single "solution" that is given is a flimsy attempt at keeping broken things in a broken state.
  14. Amundsenkalmah

Were my tankmines invisible?
  15. Ronin Oni

Holy hell, really?!?!?!??

Sinking into the ground is CLEARLY A BUG.

Sinking in water is FUNCTIONING AS INTENDED.

How can you even possibly compare the 2 with a straight face?!?
    • Up x 2
  16. Goden

I can compare them because they both render the mine 100% impossible to see.

Also Hossin is almost totally covered in water. For all intents and purposes the water IS THE GROUND.
  17. Ronin Oni

Except that it's, oh I dunno, WATER?!?

You;d really have LAND MINES FLOAT ON WATER.

Is that SERIOUSLY what you're asking for?

This is beyond absurd.

Run Mineguard.

Run EOD.

DON'T DRIVE.

This is a hazard for vehicle operators. Learn to live with it or just give up on Hossin because you can't adapt.

What you're asking for is beyond absurd.

I expect landmines to sit on top of the ground and not sink.

When I throw something INTO WATER though, what happens? IT SINKS.
  18. Alarox

Yeah.
  19. Alarox

Invisible tank mines seem much more ridiculous from a game design perspective.
    • Up x 1
  20. vanu123

Same thing with spawn beacons.