Tank primary turrets stabilized is the biggest nerf to the harasser

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ata98, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Halkesh

With the actual harasser's status, every buff are good to take.

I don't really see the harasser as a dedicated transport vehicle but add this in it's gameplay should be cool and may add some lines in the answer of "why take a harasser over the lightning ?'".
    With the current harasser duration, lower it's resource cost to 250 and it's base cooldown to 10min (from 15 min actually) could help a lot.

I'll like to see harasser scout radar or improved 3rd seat for combat (stabilized and with a 360° angle)

------
    Edit : SOE should increase harasser base resistance to AP shell to the same damage as HEAT shell.
    With their speed increase, it's easier to hit harasser with AP shell, they shouldn't wreck harasser that much.
  2. Flag

Why not?
    HEAT shells are better at AI, so why shouldn't the AP shells be better at killing vehicles? Remember, Harassers don't take the extra damage the AP guns do to tanks.
    • Up x 1
  3. Halkesh

But even without damage bonus against harasser, AP will still be the best choice : your shell have more velocity and i's very important against harasser's main defense : dodge shell.

By increasing the shell to kill an harasser to 3, whatever it's an AP, HEAT or HE, it will simply the harasser's life (you know howm any shell you can resist because it's a flat 3, it won't change).
    Plus harasser won't be wreck as easier with AP shell. The gun will still be the more effective gun against harasser but because of it's quicker m/s, not it's high damage.
    On the other hand, HE shell need to be more effective against harasser since actually you need to hit 4 time with a slow velocity - long reload shell.

[Troll]Remember it's just a light buggy, Armor Piercing shell should pass through harasser and deal 0 damage.[/Troll]
  4. FBVanu

IMHO, the harasser was always a screwed up idea...

It costs too much..
    It's just a puny little dune buggy..
    It carries too much fire power.....
    A hand grenade should take off its tires..
    It should die a lot faster and easier.. that armor is insane, ...
    With that big rocket launcher on its roof, it's center of gravity is so high, it should flip over coming out of the vehicle terminal....

OK, ok, I get it, , it's a game.. a little idea on how to make this ugly contraption that wishes it was an armored personnel carrier, into a viable game item....

It should cost only 250 resources..
    maybe it should cost only 200...
    the reload time for rocket launchers on the Harasser should be increased..
    (I always found it amazing how the gunner shoots one rocket, then reaches down into the trunk, to get another rocket, hoists the darn thing on top of the roof, while being bounced around at 99KPH.. and manages to shoot again within seconds.. truly amazing.)

No, seriously, the Flash and the Harasser should cost less resources... A Flash should only be 50, without a mounted gun, with a mounted gun it should be 80

The Harasser dies more often now, as it should, the old days of a dune buggy blowing away a Vanguard were insane.. , but it should not cost as much as a lightning tank..
    so make the buggy cheaper in resources... that way it won't feel like such a tremendous loss when it gets blown up..
    compromise at 225 resources but maybe consider lowering it's damage output, alpha damage, or reload time... (not all at once)..

And, yes, dear Harasser drivers, there is a slight chance that you might get hit by a moving tank, but if you tried driving a tank, you'd find out that this idea of a stabilized turret is not really a stabilized turret. It was far easier to hit a fast moving and circling harasser when I'm standing still in my Prowler, than it will ever be to now hit a fast moving circling harasser, from my not so fast moving and counter circling Prowler..
    this "stabilized" turret, is NOT a game changer.. it's not that stabilized , and a fast moving object is even hard to hit if the shooter is also moving... it's kind of counter intuitive.. it totally screws up the lead time, moves the target point completely off the nearest logical point, and.. to top it all off...

if SOE let's go of that super nerf piano that comes crashing down on tank shells.. the increased gravity and the lowered velocity will completely screw up any tank aim, for months to come.. if that still happens..

so far, I don't see this as a nerf to the harasser..
  5. ata98

The magrider is free kill , simply just click the turbo get below it and the vulcan will do the job

and i want to talk about the lighting side armor it cost 150 certs and protects you from 15% while the full compo armor on the harasser cost like 1200 certs and only protects from 8%
    also the harasser weapons are too weak , it only has 1 gun so it must be good the funny thing when you shoot a vanguard and the crew keeps repairing it you will not do any damage
  6. lothbrook

8% all around or 15% to the sides with severe weakness in the rear, but as i suspected you're terrible at this game if you actually drive at magrider like that, or the magrider driver is a complete **** or is loaded out with HE.
  7. dstock

Remove CompArmor for Harassers from the game. --> Refund Certs
    Buff basic resistance to small arms 2-3%.
    Fix the damn physics.
    Lower resource cost by 50-100.

Let it ride for 3 months.

After that time, consider extending range of -H variant weapons by 50% of the difference between the -H variant and the full-scale.

There you go, Harassers are now perfect.

Wait, turn up the volume on the horn by 20%.

Ok, now it's perfect ;)
  8. Flag

No they aren't too weak. Their damage output was a big part of the problem with the old ones.
    • Up x 1
  9. lawn gnome

i remember those days when a single harasser would easily drop a healthy, prepared, and fully loaded MBT.
  10. Spectre 694

Would be cool if the rumble seat functioned like Liberator tailgun; in that it can aim ahead but it would go over the cabin.

Then we would finally see the 3-man Harassers with MAXes as was intended. Would be a bit unfair to VS though as both NC and TR have indirect fire weapons for MAXes.

Just imagine with that range of motion: AA harasser with dual Burster MAX or TR mortar Harasser lobbing Marauder/Fury/Bulldog coupled with dual Pounders in the back.
  11. lawn gnome

actually with some creative driving the MAXrasser can be amazingly deadly. i have driven one with an AV MAX and a PPA, we ripped apart at least one sunderer and i think a tank or two (it has been a while). you just have to learn how to effectively drive in reverse (i used the minimap as a fairly effective guide).
  12. Sagabyte

If the car wants to go tank hunting, at least make the composite armor worthwhile. Also, a backseat repair rate of 50% would be nice too. Our current backseat repair is PAINFULLY slow. With an increase of armor to 3/6/9/12, and a repair rate of 50%, the harasser would be ready for action again.
    • Up x 1
  13. Bortasz

14. Slandebande

Now I cannot get rid of your yellow color, ARGH! Oh well ;)

I always assumed the Halberd (and similar weaponry) operated with an automated reload system, or there would be quite a few things that were "unrealistic" in that regard. Not that there aren't other unrealistic aspects to the game though :p

Maybe the same nanites responsible for generating the vehicles on the platform, can generate a warhead inside the projectile chamber? Now THAT would be revolutionary ;)
  15. Chrisragnar

Well tbh with the change magrider pilots might just aswell pull AP lightnings, so we can at least keep up with the speed of the other tanks. Having alot of fun with AP ligthings tbh, prowlers sundys and other lightnings are easy prey, vanguards still pretty much impossible.
  16. FaLI3N

I was using stealth AP lightnings for a long time after starting my newest char and I was having lots of fun. Stealth helps lots whilst taking out vanguards, need to play smart. If you come up against a really good crew try and bait them into AT mines.

It is a shame you don't get to fight magriders. Nothing funnier than coming up against a bad/average magrider and shooting them in the rear twice before running under them when they turn around.
    • Up x 1
  17. Thrustin

Harasser is not a transport vehicle. It is a light assault vehicle. Just the name, its weaponry and the fact that it can "transport" one additional guy apart from the driver and gunner should make that blatantly clear. The fact that the ingame audio states it as a transport vehicle is false.

Vote for the most generic and useless answer of the year. Outstanding performance old chap.

It is not a dune buggy, more so something like this:

[IMG]

See above. If that rockets hits a tank, it will reduce it to a steaming pile of rubble. So please, don't bring real life arguments into this.
    • Up x 1