Why this hate against air?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Amnoon, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Brahma2

Works damn well against ESFs.
  2. AirSuperiority

Sure it does, but dont complain if the pilot is good and kills you.
  3. AirSuperiority

I think you're the troll. You're giving us the most bs excuses that make no logical sense. What's so fun about air? It has the highest skill cap. I'd love to see you fight me or any other good esf pilot. A br 1 on the ground can easily kill a br 100 because the skill needed for infantry is different. You need to know HOW to survive on the ground, where to go , what cover. When it comes to fights, 1 lucky launch from a rocket launcher will take out anybody.

Again, I am not taking you seriously because I have video proof, real sources, research data that air is useless in large fights. I know for a fact you're lying if you say you can actually help in a large fight because you would get insta killed.
  4. Silver Fox

And you know this as an absolute fact.. uh huh.. :rolleyes:

Your attitude is not helping to persuade people to see things your way.
    • Up x 3
  5. AirSuperiority

I dont need to. Anyone with common sense(which is my target audience) will see that what ever arguments against air so far is so false and its getting me boiled that such people with a high level of ignorance and liars exist.
  6. Silver Fox

Yet you said everyone.

I can say that every pilot is an elitist pr*ck who thinks that just because he has mastered flying in a video game he is God's gift to humanity, but that's not true. Only some pilots think that. And those people tend to make statements like you did.
    • Up x 1
  7. AirSuperiority

Flying has the highest skill cap, and when i say flying, I mean being able to perform well both at a2g and a2a. I am not elitist, I play ground and am in ground vehicles just as much as anyone here. Sure I get killed by libs or esfs, but I dont get angry because usually I am in enemy territory alone with just my gunners and its something I am willing to accept since I just finished getting lots of kills on unsuspecting enemies. When I can, I get some sort of flak source to roll with me and at that point I have little problems with air. I dont understand why people are complaining.
  8. Goden

Yes you are.
    • Up x 1
  9. AirSuperiority

Saying yes you are means nothing. I can say you are elitist to, in regards to thinking ground deserves a higher position than air. According to you there is nothing pleasing about air? Elitist statement.
  10. Silver Fox

Nothing at the moment. From what I've seen on Connery (and I do know that experiences differ from server to server) Liberators are still used, to great effect if the crew is competent. They are far from useless.

My issue lies with base design (spawn rooms) and the irresponsible use of force multipliers such as Libs by players that care nothing of other peoples' experience. In a real world scenario, a small unit under fire can put a gunship to good use. In this game, that translates to a Lib stomping on a 1-12 infantry fight, which may be fun for the pilot and crew, but is not fun for the players on the receiving end. Their game comes to an abrupt end.
  11. Goden

Please quote me where I said I wanted this because I'm pretty sure I never said anything of the sort.

The pre-nerf Harasser could take more tank shells and C4 than an actual MBT. Are you out of your mind?

I don't know how you can say this when you haven't even heard of my proposed changes yet.

I'm saying it again: You absolutely reek of troll.
  12. AirSuperiority

Ok theres the problem right there. A 1-12 fight should have no problem pulling out 2 bursters and 2 heavies to get rid of the threat. This is the paragon of why this entire discussion is happening. People dont know how to counter the lib, so they complain. I will be willing to test this with you. Get a squad of 12 people who know what they're doing and capture a base while I try to farm you with a lib. Sure my gunner(s) may kill a few, thats given, but those people can be revived. And how well would we do now since both dalton and shredder are no longer viable for AI. If we have a zephyr, we will get a few kills, but get hurt by the max/heavies. And then all you need to do is chase us down with 1 esf(this is where not being biased against air and promoting good pilots comes handy).

Second, what if the situation is reversed? What if its a 25-48 or 48+ fight and the Lib wants to help the team but they are getting flaked so hard that they cannot join the battle. Game ruined for them too.
  13. AirSuperiority

I dont know why I keep responding to you after your troll comments. Harasser taking more c4 and tank shots than an mbt? It took 4 shots from my prowler to take out a harasser. Thats nothing and I never ever had a complaint about the harasser. And what are your proposed changes huh? Air needs no more changes, you clearly have not been flying libs with the new changes have you.
  14. AirSuperiority

Oh and at least the infantry have buildings to protect them from the lib and sources to safely fire at the lib and even if they die they will be in a safe location for a medic to revive them.
  15. Huxer

I don't want air to be nerfed at all. I want it removed from the game :p You're right, air is not useful in large scale battles because they get shot down or more likely are forced to flee. Useless in the combined arms aspect. Do you know what air is good at? Farming KDR. I'd rather we didn't have useless combined arms pieces that are only good at farming KDR. Incidentally, I am BR74 I believe, I can fly backwards I can lolpod the ground just like the rest of the pilots but you know what...I don't, not unless seriously provoked. Oh, and...yes you are being elitist.
    • Up x 1
  16. Icedude94

My problem with air is that it takes away your empire's best players while leaving ground forces leaderless and without the small, cohesive units that turn the tide in a critical battle.

They spend most of their time waiting around for ESF or liberator stragglers and stay away from the large fights because of the heavy amount of flak and lock-ons. They also waste time trying to farm the smaller fights where most of the combatants will hide indoors anyways.

Even after the merger smash, people still will not have learned that base layout can be the most effective inhibitor of air's effectiveness.

Once some of the larger outfits learn what an IADS is, then you'll see people screaming to buff air....

(Hint: it means using G2A lock-ons, bursters, skyguards and ESF's together in a single squad)
  17. MaxDamage

Liberators have been like BFRs that never have to land. Clegg that.
    • Up x 1
  18. RaTzo

So because they ignore the bazillion tools at their disposal and then get killed because of it the Pilot (who is using the tools he has in game) has to have his fun ruined so that they can walk around with impunity? How does this make sense?
  19. Silver Fox

I'm not saying that it's impossible to deal with the threat. But the current base design means that the Lib swoops in, kills all (or most) of the infantry, and then those infantry sit in the spawn room shooting rockets at the Lib. They don't get a kill, and neither does the Lib crew. Gameplay becomes stagnant. I focus on this because I see it happen a lot.

And you're assuming that every small group is composed of a full 12 people who are fully equipped and well versed in the mechanics of the game. While ideal, that is far from reality. One of the most frustrating things for a new player is being curb stomped like that, and not knowing and/or not being equipped to deal with the threat.

I understand how pilots can feel ineffective in larger battles. That's more of a problem with scalable force multipliers, and the free will of players to choose their unit composition. The unfortunate result is that in order to feel like they are actually doing something, those pilots curb stomp small fights.
    • Up x 1
  20. Alarox

You, as an aircraft pilot, can go fly anywhere and do whatever you want. The only thing you have to worry about coming to kill you is other aircraft which you're fully prepared to fight.

As a ground guy you want to do X. You go try to do X. An aircraft comes in out of nowhere and easily kills you while you can't fight back. If you want to do X, you need people dedicated to doing Y, while they actually want to do Z.

Doing Y isn't fun or rewarding. Doing X and Z is. Doing X and Z is what those people play the game to do. You don't let them do X or Z.

Your entire A2G playstyle doesn't make an interesting or fun engagement. It just makes their gameplay more frustrating. It means someone doesn't get to do what they want while YOU do. It means people have to jump through hoops to have fun. And what do you say? "L2P nub". Screw you.

It is baffling to me how you people don't understand this.
    • Up x 6