What loadouts do you guys use?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Heywire56, May 12, 2014.

1. Leivve

Jaguar and TX1 (standard)
    Uppercut and crossbow (stealthy roof stalker)
  2. K2k4

So I've toyed with a bunch, but I used to always go adrenaline pump with nighthawk shotgun and the TR burst fire pistol and regular jump jets. Of course this was before april 2013 . . . Shotguns are different now, but I'm sure you could still get some kills with this build. Works best on towers. Watch wrel's tower stomping video for hints on how to best do this.

Otherwise, I've been toying unsuccessfully with the NS11C and the Trac5-AMC for trying to do mid range fighting. The full loadout is Ns11c/T5AMC, Extra ammo, Jump Jets, and whatever pistol floats your boat (silencer is preferred) It doesn't work often for me yet, but when it works, it's so satisfying. I never was one to properly time my burstfire so I usually just end up hitting somebody for about 6 shots then getting instagibbed by some jerk with an LMG from like 200 meters. But if you position yourself right and the enemies run under your tree, you can kill 3 or 4, sometimes more of them in the most satisfying way, as a ghost in a tree.
  3. lilleAllan

Possibly my favorite load out across all classes:

Mid range troll:
    Razor with HVA, foregrip and flash supressor
    Jump Jets
    Ammo Belt
    Frag grenades
    Restoration kit

for close range,
    Cyclone with 1x reflex, SPA, ext mags
    jump jets
    Adv shield capacitor
    Frags
    C4 or restoration kits
  4. Lection

Well, there is really one option for me, since i have bad aim/ get in too many toe-to-toe battles/ and i can manage to get into good sneak attack positions.(also do note: I mainly play NC, so I might not be the best one to ask about TR LA load-outs).

• Mauler w/ extended mags (quickest reload speed of the NC shotguns)
    • Mag-shot w/ silencer and lazer-sight (Though i would recommend the Rebel with said attachments to make up for that loss of range)
    • Ammo belt (so you don't have to rely on engineers or a group to give you support)
    • Jump jets (only because i have no experience with drifter jets)
    • Med pack or C-4 (C-4 may blow things up, but when on those solo missions you only get at best 2 charges to use, plus it generally gets you in more dangerous situations than you need to be in, while the med pack is silent and helps you quickly get back into tip top shape to fight as hard as you can, plus you get at most 4 to carry on a single spawn. Now don't get me wrong C-4 rocks at taking down enemies in small or large groups and i generally don't live long enough to use the med pack in the first place)
    So, if you fight like me this is what i would recommend.
  5. DFDelta

Basic:
    - Whatever carbine I'm currently auraxing + Repeater / Manticore / MagShot
    - Frag Grenades
    - Advanced Shield
    - MedKits

Sundy Diver:
    - Whatever carbine I'm currently auraxing + any Crossbow with Explos
    - Frag Grenades
    - Flak Armor
    - C4

Biolab Camping:
    - Whatever carbine I'm currently auraxing + Repeater / Manticore / MagShot
    - Frag Grenades
    - Ammo Belt
    - C4

All with JumpJets
    All handguns with supressor.
    All carbines with highest available reflex sight, HVA if available and supressor. (BLab camper with flash supressor)
  6. Terran537

I use (normally):
    The piston w/ extended mags
    The desperado (for that burst to finish off wounded enemies)
    Level 5 JJs
    Nanoweave
    C4 (dur)
    Frags

I can also mix it up by using an SMG, or turning into a C4 fairy with drifters.
  7. cruczi

I alternate between two loadouts:

C-4 fairy

- Scoped and stabilized mid-range carbine (Cougar/AMC/Pulsar/Razor/X11) or SMG, depending on situation
    - Drifter jets
    - Flak armor
    - C-4

Fast attack trooper

- SMG or semi-auto shotty
    - Drifter jets
    - Shield capacitor or Nanoweave
    - Medkits

I only use jump jets if I absolutely have to. Drifter jets are far more versatile and useful: you can improve movement speed on ground and in air, hover for long periods of time, cross all manner of gaps and avoid typical routes, sweep areas quickly, gain momentum from gravity lifts and jump pads and use them to land on almost any spot in a facility (e.g. spawn room lifts can be used to fling you out with high speed), and slingshot yourself for 500-750 meters in air using some of the higher velocity jump pads in the game.
  8. Megaman3300

My basic, go-to loadout looks like this:

Main: Trac-5
    2x Reflex
    Forward grip

Secondary: TX1 Repeater
    Suppressor
    laser sight

Suit: Nano
    Implant: Battle Hardened
    Reg JJs
    Utility: Medkits

My secondary loadout looks like this:

Main: T5-AMC (laser sight, suppressor, 1x HSNV/irons, HVA)
    Secondary: TX2 Emporer (suppressor, flashie)
    Rest is the same, except with C4

My other two loadouts are just whatever guns I'm auraxiuming.
  9. TheGreatMahoo

I have 3 typical load outs on my NC

Assault Grenadier:
    - NS11C - Silencer, 1x sight, soft point ammo, Forward Grip
    - Rebel - Silencer, Laser sight
    - Grenade bando, frag grenades (swap out for flash/smoke as needed)
    - Standard jump jets, max level
    - C4 x 2
    - Implant (whatever floats your boat; Safe Landing is nice if you like to play loose on the jets)

Long Range
    - Razor - compensator, HV ammo, Grip, 3.4 sight
    - Rebel - Darklight flash light
    - Ammo belt
    - Smoke grenade, Med kits
    - jump jets

Close Assault trooper
    - Shotgun of choice; I favor the Mauler in most cases, Piston in some (either with X-mags and 1x sight)
    - Commish w/ dark light
    - Nano weave armor or grenade bandolier
    - flash bangs, C4
    - Standard JJ or drifters
  10. Nmathmaster

well that's because flash grenades have the same effective radius as frag grenades, that means what would have blinded the enemy with a flash, would have been a kill with a regular grenade. For this reason why use a flash grenade when you could get a kill with a frag?
  11. Rosengren

I'm currently enjoying shotgun + crossbow. I don't know if this is great but it's absolutely fun. Being able to sorta snipe is very nice and getting a hit in with the crossbow is very satisfying due to being more difficult than conventional guns. It does mean that you're outclassed in a straight-up firefight but it's a naturally silent weapon and you should be decent at sneaking, so...

Shotguns are silly in close combat but might be better with slugs overall. My other main weapon is a silenced SMG for night fighting. A carbine with the same setup would be more useful but I used SC to unlock an SMG for infiltrators when it was on sale so this is really out of cost efficiency.

I use C4 no matter what other weapons I have. Even if you don't go actively vehicle hunting it's worth it to have both ranks just for being able to take advantage of a sudden opportunity.
  12. GetOutOfDodge

My best VS LA loadout is this:

Pulsar C (1x upgraded scope or HS/NV, suppressor, forward grip)
    Crossbow (1x scope, laser sight, no bolt add-on)
    Ammo Belt
    C4
    Jump Jets (usually) Drifter Jets (occasionally)
    Flash/Frag grenade, depends on the situation
    Regeneration 2 implant

I've been using the Zenith instead of Pulsar C recently for the medal though. I have a ton of Nova kills from my earlier days, but I don't use shotguns nearly as much anymore, just for bridge/tower fights sometimes.

My best TR LA loadout is this:

LC3 Jaguar (same attachments as VS)
    Crossbow (same attachments as VS)
    Ammo Belt
    C4
    Jump Jets (I don't have drifters on TR yet)
    Frag Grenade (I don't have Flash yet)
    Regeneration 2 implant

So that's basically the same thing, but a close range carbine. I don't like the T5 AMC although I'm using it right now.

I don't have a well certed NC LA yet so I don't know for him, but probably the same thing other than the carbine obviously.
  13. reydelchicken

• NS-11 C/T5-amc/Mercenary
    • Beamer/Repeater/Mag-shot
    • Shield capacitor
    • Jump jets
    • Medkits
    • Flash nade
    I do prefer the ns-11c to any other LA carbine, but I don't own it yet on NC or TR so I use replacements.
  14. bubbacon

As a TR LA you will be at a huge disadvantage to the Mid to Long Range game where your opponets are using higher damage tier weps with better range and horizontal tolerance.

Having said that, NWA 5 is an absolute must for TR LAs to try and be competitive.

You have one 167 and its meh, but very accurate by TR standards. After that its really all up to your personal flavor. AMC also has great accuracy and velocity, but weak damage. 11C is pretty solid with SPA...can act irratic with a suppressor, so I don't go there with it. TRAC 5S is VERY good. Ditch the dopey UBGL and throw on a Foregrip with SPA for MAX distance damage and a tight CoF.(TRAC 5S is prolly my go to all arounder)

Standard TRAC 5 is loved by many, but has a weird bullet pattern and sorta useless past 30m imo. Some ppl are using the TRAC 5B more. Its a tight gun with fairly good distance...just a whole new way of shooting and training your brain for it.

I don't own the LYNX yet, might work out for ya though.
  15. bubbacon

Just wanted to add the Jag...I don't like it since the Nerf...CoF is just to bad for me at range.
  16. Chris Bingley

Mine are.

Medium range:
    T5-AMC/GD-23 Razor (fore grip, comp, 2x scope)
    Commissioner (laser sight)
    Jump Jets
    C4
    ASC
    Frag

Close Range:
    Sweeper/Haymaker (ext. mag, IR/NV scope)
    Commisioner (laser sight)
    Jump Jets
    C4
    ASC
    Frag

Batman:
    Barrage/Mauler (ext. mag, Slugs, IR/NV scope)
    Commisioner (laser sight)
    Jump Jets
    Restoration kits
    ASC
    Frag

Speedy:
    Blitz/Armistice (adv. laser sight, SPA, IR/NV scope, suppressor)
    Commisioner
    Jumps Jets
    Restoration kits
    Adrenaline Pump
    Frag

The first two loadouts are for serious squad based gameplay, picking the weapon I need for the fight I'm in. The other two are for trolling the enemy, picking which ever one seems like the most fun at the time. :D
  17. Iridar51

Typically my loadout looks like this:
    [IMG]
    • Primary: Whatever carbine I'm auraxiuming at the moment. Only got NS-11C left to go, after that I'll probably settle for my beloved T5 AMC.
      • NS-11C has lots of precision to go around, with good recoil control - which is my specialty - it sends all rounds in one same place, and fast reload is convenient, but low bullet velocity makes this weapon insufferable against moving targets.
      • I prefer specializing weapons for their intended role, so I use 1x reflex, ALS and SPA on CQC carbines, and HVA and advanced forward grip and 2x reflex on precision carbines. NS-11C I have to use with 1x reflex though, as it's velocity just can't support effective range enough to warrant using anything stronger.
    • Sidearm: Commissioner. Previously I always rolled with the Repater, as I believe it's a better rounded sidearm, but recently I got promoted to the rank of Commissar, so naturally I had no option other than get the Commissar Cap and the Commissioner. Come to think of it, I should probably stop using primary weapon outside of outfit ops altogether, and just run around commissioning people. Imagine that would be a good aim training.
      • Commissioner is a good enough sidearm, has big ammo pool and a high chance of finishing a target just with one shoot. However, volume of fire and overall reliability of the hipfire remain something to be desired.
    • Suit slot: Nanoweave Armor 5. Makes me a much tougher target. A bit of a crutch, really. However, our other options are either weak (adrenaline pump) or situational (grenade bandoleer) or offer only convenience (ASC, ammo belt). Nano is a direct booster of combat effectiveness, and a much needed safety buffer against heavies.
      • The amount of hate I feel each time a lolpodder or tanker kills me, makes me considering switching to Flak Armor in the near future. Maybe Flak is less versatile and optimal, but perhaps would save me a lot of nerves.
    • Grenade: standard frag grenade. Frag grenades without abundance of enemies and grenade bandoleer rarely kill or even hit anything, but our other options are shaky at best.
      • I really don't like HS/NV scopes to seriously consider using bugged smoke grenades, and flash grenade simply takes too long to detonate. Besides, I prefer engaging targets at range, as it involves much less risk of being instagibbed by a MAX or something else cheesy, and flash grenade can be effective only indoors.
    • Ability: Jump Jets 6. I never understood the appeal of drifters, and I very often maneuver from low ground to gain high ground flanking position.
    • Utility: 2x C4. It is just to useful to pass on, especially for someone who hates vehicles and MAXes as passionately as I do.
    • Implant: Regeneration Rank 2. I don't believe in other implants on LA. Medkits vs C4 was the eternal dilemma for Light Assault class, with the addition of this implant it is finally over and we can have the best of both worlds.
      • There are implants that can be useful in certain situations, but I value self-sustain and versatility, so I really want to have both C4 and a way to regenerate health.
    Additionally, I have a separate loadout for night time. It is basically the same, but uses black scales camouflage instead of Indar forest, Bahamut Mask instead of Commissar Cap and Flash Suppressor, if the weapon can equip it. Sometimes I use HS/NV scope as well.
  18. Shadoiex

AC-X11
    Adrenaline Pump
    Drifters
    Med Kits
    No Implant.
    NS-44P
  19. IberianHusky

Jaguar w/ HS/NV or 1x Reflex, Suppressor, ALS, and SPA
    Underboss w/ Laser sight
    Jump Jets 5
    Nanoweave 5
    Frag Grenades
    C4
    Regen II Implant
  20. TheMatulaakLives

I generally use whatever carbine fits the situation i'm in. The faction-specific SF weapons always work for me.