Best community ever!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by omfgwee, Jun 20, 2014.

1. DK22

You'll get a bad apple someday, but for the most part its pretty good.
    The good thing is the game is big enough that you can just go fight somewhere else if you have to and never see them again.
  2. LIKE A BOSS!

Play on Matherson during a base capture. Then come back.
    • Up x 2
  3. Fenrisk

.............Is even better?
  4. iller

Is the community more "polite" than the ppl actually Running the game? .... marginally. (pretty low bar there).
    Is it a "GOOD" community in the essence of being really passionate and creative and collaborative? Not even close.

The prominent hotheadedness you experience in many communities is missing explicitly because everyone is conditioned down to a rote abnegation response by the zergy cert-grinding non-personal nature of the Meta itself that suffocates any other competing strategic factors inherent in the previous title.
  5. Paleron

To agree with others: In-game is pretty decent, usually. The forums can get very negative.. to put it mildly.

I message (/tell) enemies a few times a day if they kill me in an interesting manner or there was a good fight. I also mostly get the same in return. More messages are positive than negative (I'll count 'nice try' as positive).

Now.. broadcast messages (/yell) can be negative sometimes, but that's usually only a few people. I guess people get wrapped up in-character and genuinely (if briefly) hate the dirty tr/nc/vs scum that killed them.
  6. Epic High Five

Fact is that this community is pretty friendly compared to a lot I've seen. It's because we're all up against the learning curve. If it were simpler you'd have more ****lords
    • Up x 1
  7. Fenrisk

I have to agree. I have had enemies send me polite tells in game for skilful gameplay or just because one of us did something funny like blowing up their friend with their own claymore or mine lol

I have also had the odd enemy not kill me or me them because we are too busy admiring each others dakka.
  8. Ac3s

Thats because the competitive scene died a long time ago on that game, once that was gone there was only a hollow shell of its former self left on the servers.

As for PS2 community, I'd say that 80% of the msges I get are hateful but the other 20% sometimes makes up for it.
    But especially SOE can sometimes screw up vehicles and balance so much in this game it causes people to hate each other, its not their fault really but more of SOEs inability to get things right.
    You can see it like 2 kids fighting but the parent just stand idle without laying down some proper ground rules, of course the kids will continue to fight...
  9. MasonSTL

The people that play this game aren't kids, and if they can't act like adults that is not SOEs fault. Other peoples immaturity isn't SOEs problem and thinking that it is only encourages bad behavior even more.
  10. NinjaTurtle

Compared to some communities this one is pretty tame
  11. Ac3s

I beg to differ, most people are probably teens to begin with.
    And SOE listening to the people that can cry the most on the forums is not helping anything either, this is the main reason why vehicles get nerfed and we have weapons like lock-ons.
  12. John_Aitc

The in-game community is above average. I definitely agree with the OP.

PS2 was my first FPS. I am happy to have so many good people that helped me learn this gaming style.
  13. GhostAvatar

I read this post and can't help thinking he doesn't play NC.
    • Up x 1
  14. Gleerok

No really, the community is awesome, I have to say for the most part.

Of course there are some jerks around, but those are gladly minority. Often, even the rage moments will turn into laughter. Who doesn't chit-chat some ******** during zerg times and make fun of each other's factions?
    • Up x 1
  15. ironeddie

I've always been impressed with the in game community. People are pretty polite for the most part. I can only think of one person who was a real **** hole toward me and that's pretty good considering I've been here as long as I have been. Though thats not to say I haven't been on the bad end of a few tk'ers.

I even think the forums are ok. The nature of the forum that people will disagree is cause for a lot of it.
    • Up x 1
  16. Ken Photon

Immature behavior has no excuse, regardless of age. Teenager or not, rational and reasonable behavior must be displayed in the forum. Otherwise, this is not the place for you (Not you, Ac3s, just anyone to whom this applies).

I don't even know what SOE's thinking half the time... I just think they appease the players to the players that complain the most to stop the complaining. It may not be the best way to go, but when we can't agree what the best way to go is, what can SOE really do?
  17. MasterCheef

i play on matherson and the player base seems pretty mature for the most part. Worst thing was when someone would play music all the time,but not even that is common.
  18. Pathogenic

I can't play CS, LoL, or most any game without getting some sort of negative occurrence daily. Heck, I tried out the F2P Clancy game on Steam (which sucks) and had at least one rager in all of the matches. I think I've had a handful of negative interactions on PS2 in my entire time playing, and that's including the couple I started (>.> Air can make me mad sometimes :( )

Yell chat can be derpy or negative in larger fights, but when there are 100 people and one side inevitably loses, just a couple bad apples on occasion is much better compared to the typical "Oh eff bot gave fb /ff plx nao" or other incarnations of rage in LoL.

So yeah. I think the community is generally more friendly, but that doesn't mean everyone's a stoic aimbot. Except me, you filthy meatbags.
  19. FocusLight

Irony is, it's been overwhelmingly civil so far about a decent topic, the meta-irony is that this proves the OP's claims to be correct.

If this guy was a troll who wanted to start a flame-storm, he failed so badly he has effectively trolled himself by making every nice-hearted post in this topic a meta-troll against him.:eek:
    • Up x 1
  20. IamDH

Well, i think thats related to the multiple different languages, not necessarily behavior