Enforcer (6/13 patchnote)

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by TorigomaSET, Jun 13, 2014.

1. TorigomaSET

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  2. Alarox

Enforcer ML85
    • We’re bringing the range of this weapon down to better differentiate it from the Halberd. The Halberd has a range advantage, the Enforcer has a damage advantage.
    • Direct Hit damage increased from 500 to 550 (Tank version only)
    • No longer has acceleration mechanics
    • Projectile no longer accelerates up to 300 meters per second
    • Launch speed increased from 200 to 230
    • Gravity increased from 3.5 to 5
    Pros:
    No more acceleration.
    10% More damage output

Cons:
    43% more drop.
    Huge velocity reduction.

My favorite weapon in this game is the Enforcer. After this update, guess which weapon I should be using? The Halberd. Why? Because DPS is pointless if I can't hit things. I want to be able to hit things from far away. The only reason I'll still use the Enforcer is if I'm skilled enough to fight effectively with more than 43% more drop and far less velocity. I really don't know if I am.
    • Up x 1
  3. TorigomaSET

4. TorigomaSET

Why the heck are they switching the Roles thought? it makes 0 sense. The Enforcer was the Long Range dart. Here as the Halberd was the Mid range Heavy Hitter, why not adjust them instead of switching their roles? Now you are just going to have the same problem as before, just with different weapons.
    • Up x 2
  5. BeyondNInja

[/quote]

The changes would make sense if tanks could switch loadouts at will once the close-quarters fight is finished.
    As it is, this is more or less pushing the Enforcer in the same direction as the Vulcan. Not worth equipping because its only useable in 10% of situations.
  6. GaBeRock

Halberd is also getting more drop (3->5) and tank battles in general will be happening more in closer ranges, so it might be worth it. That being said, I've pulled maybe two vanguards total, and don't tank much even on my main (tr) alt so I'm not exactly the voice of experience here.

Also, i find it rather ironic that with all the complaints about liberator resistance changes against tank rounds for composite armour (which is almost never used, and really doesn't matter much), no one seems to be complaining about how it'll be even harder for tanks to hit liberators now (which does matter.)
    • Up x 2
  7. XXBLACKATTACKXX

wow SOE
    just WOW
    Nerf the saron and enforcer
    and now another nerf to the enforcer
    whats next a vulcan nerf?
    i wouldn't even be surprised

Oh and what the hell is the TR going to use for range after the halberd nerf.
    Guess its back to saron for my mag, figures, i just got used to the halberd look.
    • Up x 5
  8. TheKhopesh

Meanwhile, in the Planetside 2 dev. team work area:

"Hey, so, we saw that there are a few issues with tank speeds and movement.
    We fixed that, now, what else should we mess with while we're here.

Well, we could finally get around to making the Canister a competitive weapon...
    NAH!
    In fact, lets nerf the enforcer considerably!

And why stop there?
    Let's also nerf every main cannon in the entire game, and the Halberd as well!

Well, now that we've run all the ground into the dirt, let's hock our latest set of cosmetics to squeeze more blood out of this stone."

Reminds me of the 2008 Federal Bailouts.

Some guys in positions of power just go nuts, **** all over everything, drive it to bankrupsy, and then have the gall to go off to the nearest people asking for money for absolutely nothing other than them wanting it (With PS2, that "nothing" would be cosmetics. And cosmetics that don't even serve any tactical purpose at that).

In PS2's case, we have a team of people actively destroying a product, then trying to peddle their latest snake oil, and they think we will actually continue to pay them while they blatantly strangle the game we love, destroying it piece by piece?

HELL NO!
  9. TheKhopesh

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  10. Halkesh

You don't understand ? It's obvious SOE just want to buff the vulcan by nerfing everything else.
  11. Frosty The Pyro

these changes are to promote more mobile and aggressive tank gameplay, hence shortening the range and upping the reverse speed and stabilizing the guns.

I personally like aggressive play so I will wait and see. But that's what these changes are about, they don't want you sitting across the map chunking shells, they want you pedal to the medal running through battle gunning things as you drive by until. In kill out, not peek lob hide.
    • Up x 1
  12. Arkenbrien

I ... am sick ... of the Halberd being the standard for ES MBT secondaries.

Sick.

:mad:

Dear SOE:

I have an idea SOE, let's make an NS Tank! Then we'll all use that NS tank with NS guns and we'll all be the same and there will be no need to ultra nerf balance anything (except ES MBTs, obviously)! Everyone will use the halberd! Isn't that what you want?
    • Up x 1
  13. UnDeaD_CyBorG

This is pretty close to what I felt when they ruined the Saron and then gave the Halberd the Stats the Saron had before.
    Actually, it's not even that bad.
    I, for one, am no friend of melee tanks, but then again, this chance could make the Saron viable on lang range again.
    Any tank closer than 50 meters to the opposition is out of position (Prowlers with vulcans not withstanding).
  14. biterwylie

Patch notes December 2013

Enforcer ML85
    The Enforcer slightly underperforms compared to the Halberd, Vulcan and Saron. So will be a damage increase against other vehicles (by not lowering it by 66%). We are also increasing its splash damage to be in line with the other weapons. Finally, we are also applying the new projectile acceleration mechanics to it. We expect this to be a slight decrease in its effectiveness at sniping infantry and range. The harasser version has been tuned to do less damage than the tank version.

Enforcer ML85
    Direct hit damage reduced from 700 to 500
    Inner Blast damage increased from 150 to 334
    Launch speed set to 200 meters per second
    Within 1 second, the projectile will accelerate to max speed of 300 meters per second

Patch notes April 2014

Enforcer ML85
    It is too strong in the anti-tank category. The below changes should bring it closer in line with other weapons like the Halberd.
    Magazine size reduced from 10 to 8
    Reload speed increased from 3 seconds to 3.25 seconds
    Ammo capacity decreased from 100 to 80
    Ammo capacity per rank decreased from 10 to 8

SoE a ship with no one at the Helm.
    • Up x 7
  15. JesNC

Time to cert the Halberd I guess.

Although the removal of the acceleration mechanic might be a great boon to accuracy.
  16. stalkish

O they've got some1 at the helm......unfortunately for us we all know who it is..........

< On a related note, can some1 at SOE please change my forum pic to have a halberd on the top not an enforcer. I think this more precisely matches the state of the game........
  17. Regpuppy

The thing is they're also removing the acceleration mechanic, so the enforcer will have lower overall velocity. Which is like a two-fold range nerf, since velocity and gravity go together to determine just how much drop you have. Beating the halberd at close range in damage by a decent margin won't be a problem. But with mid to long, you'll have to be a lot better at long range paintballing to hit more of the spammy enforcer shells. Granted, we'll need to see it in practice. But it's enough to cause worry, especially when the halberd was such a strong choice to begin with.
  18. Alarox

I feel like I'm in some weird twilight-zone episode.

Seriously, is it just me and a few other tankers who fight at long and close ranges? Honestly? For real? I have no problem shelling at 600m, and I have no problem getting into your face and ramming you.

I choose what works for the situation as I assume most competent tankers do as well. The reason I don't get in close as often is because I don't want to die from massive amounts of AV, and it is often smarter to flank than it is to mindlessly drive straight into the middle of a battle.
    • Up x 2
  19. McToast

Moin
    I actually agree. My main vanguard driver (RIP) used to play VERY aggressive, most of our fights against other tanks happened in under 100m distance. I always sigh at these over-careful drivers who comfortably sit 500m away from the fight and just shoot into the distance, getting assist XP every few minutes. It's extremely boring as a gunner. Slap thermals on your Halberd/Enforcer and get into the thick of it!

Thing is, these nerfs won't change anything, because they don't target the real issue at all, which is infantry held AV.

SOE... facepalm.jgp
    • Up x 1
  20. LodeTria

Hitting a reversing lightning tonight was pretty difficult with the new enforcer, even though the lightning was less than 100m away.
    I didn't really notice the damage buff at all either.