Does SOE hate the Vanu?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Moridin6, Jun 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moridin6

you cant just Pick where to fight when capping regions requires you to close the distance..
    how does our accuracy help (that much) when you Have to enter a fatal funnel to get to the cap point??
  2. Donaldson Jones

We (my outfit Bellum Aeternus) used HA Lashers (about 13-17 Lashers total) to completely purge Subterranean Nanite of all NC a few nights ago. Lashers are devastating to the enemy when used in coordination. They are also devastating to the jack-ball friendlies who think they can run in front a of Lasher screen and live. The Lancer is good it needs like a 2X magnifier though.

Phaseshift is junk atm though. Could be easily fixed if SOE included Iron sights or a < 4X scope.

Magrider Main cannon weapons need to be buffed it's ridiculous atm, the velocities are hilarious, I mean the VPC is the biggest Rainbow chaser in the game!

I have no words on the Cerebus I refuse to take part in that.

but

The Orion is awesome.

Blueshifts are AMAZING!

PPA is death on a stick and the Saron is really good at killing armor.

All in All I think the faction (VS) has been a bit over-nerfed. I feel somethings need to be adjusted in our favor.

I feel the faction trait of no bullet drop just needs to be removed and simply make our weapons more accurate as the faction trait.
    • Up x 3
  3. NC supporter

I agree with Jones but not to the point of ruining the fun for all the other factions. Remember we got to think for others as well besides their the ones that fall prey to our guns and give us our certs, fun, and kd. WIthout the opponent there is no game. I proclaim Moridin the king of excuses but seriously can't you avoid those situations by idk walking through the front entrance when they least expect it?! Just have the entire squad cloaked and your good to go.
  4. Quiiliitiila

Are you kidding? NC's guns are ridiculously powerful at range. Plus, your recoil is incredibly easy to control due to your low rate of fire.

However like you said, most guns are pretty much copy and pastes of each other with a few stats shuffled around. BUUUUUUT, VS weapons have the highest first shot recoil out of all other factions, making longer range engagements where burst fire is needed very difficult.

The VS are the meh faction, with no really defined trait. Which is where my beef comes in mainly :p
    • Up x 4
  5. NC supporter

Have you actually tried using NC guns. The people that are able to actually control a GAUS SAW for long range combat are extremely skilled and burst fire. Mean while you guys can turn around and fire full auto without any bullet drop to compensate for. Actually go try a NC gun at extremely long ranges in actual combat and tell me how easy it was to control that GAUS SAW.
  6. Soturin

The SAW is a full auto battle rifle... with better accuracy. It is easy to control burst and have the best TTK of any heavy weapon at medium to long range.
  7. Quiiliitiila

Bullet drop is negligible, let it go. The range at which bullet drop even becomes apparent are sniping ranges and our sniper rifles have bullet drop.

I have played as NC and I find their weapons to be incredibly easy to handle. They have a predictable recoil pattern and low RoF making the recoil even easier to manage. Plus, as I said first shot recoil is very important when engaging at range. VS weapons initial kick is so nuts it's difficult to compensate for when combined with their odd recoil pattern and highish RoF.

Am I saying that our weapons suck? No, but I'm saying VS weapons are not the best for being used at range, by any stretch of the imagination.
    • Up x 3
  8. Vikarius

ofc....

NC is Higby's baby.

They have the best and easiest to use infantry weapons.
    I wonder how much more pop drop is it going to take for the devs to realize this game dies with everyone playing 1 faction.

- Buff Phaseshift
    - Buff Cerberus
    - Rework ZOE
    - Dedicated gunner and driver MBTs for all
    - Stop releasing new weapons and rework the cesspool weapons that are clearly a downgrade
    - Give ALL factions bullet drop and make Vanu's trait be "highest round velocity" and change the weapons including the magrider cannon to reflect this. Our weapons should be +100-200m/s over the faction counterpart.
    • Up x 2
  9. Mongychops

I don't think the VS small arms are underpowered, I just think they are lacking in viable variety, however, what you just said is bollocks.

The 167 and 200 damage weapons that make up most of the NC arsenal have; less horizontal recoil, lower first shot recoil multiplier, and a lower stationary cone of fire. This actually makes them much more accurate at longer ranges, than VS weapons.
    • Up x 2
  10. Prudentia

Vs Trait is having Weapon Systems that require the most amount of Manpower and coordination with the least amount of Population.
    • Up x 1
  11. Strottinglemon

I don't know, the NC in the Blur trailer got pretty wrecked by those infiltrators.
  12. Iridar51

Yes, SOE hates Vanu. SOE also hates TR, NC, blueberry muffins, and people who save olympics and win christmas.
    • Up x 3
  13. Leftconsin

Nerfs to everything are empirical proof.
  14. Codex561

Yeah NC is my 2nd main, its freaking god mode! 167dmg/600+RPM?! That is like the gun of my dreams!
    • Up x 1
  15. Iridar51

So is the fact that VS didn't win the last olympics and was left after class yesterday. And oh boy I'd get mad at SOE's constant "you must eat your vegetables before you can have candy" if I was VS.
    Thankfully, I can enjoy all the candy I can eat here in TR.
  16. NC supporter

I trust anyone on this thread complaining about VS underpowered can know that angering 2/3rds of the factions available via revamp for 1/3rd is not worth it financially. Besides we are adaptable, just accept the change and move on instead on lingering with hate and basically making yourself feel 10 times worse than the one who accepts.
  17. Moridin6

right normally i quietly sulk and fight the underdog fight, but that picture annoys me greatly
  18. NC supporter

Moridin this is what the video game industry is today. Companies want money and as much of it as possible which involves a lot of shady moves and morally incorrect moves. Financially brilliant but morally morbid in terms of what customers feel. This is the society we live in and we might as well accept it because it is the most popular one currently.
    • Up x 2
  19. TriumphantJelly

Spawn-camping is a curse.
    And I have been playing NC for a while, never once did I think the VS are OP. I've had no Magrider troubles that other tanks don't give me at least 3 times worse. I've gotten significantly better streaks with the Bolt-Driver with the 8X scope than I have with my decked out Parallax (with a 12X). Is the base velocity ACTUALLY HIGHER???? Cos that's total ****
  20. LodeTria

Since SOE think that infantry should be the counter to tanks rather than AV/AV tank, The VS are doing just fine with the lancer.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.