Question as to why certain players send so many hate tells?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SNAFUS, Jun 12, 2014.

1. task_master

i just send tells when i kill tank with skyguard or person with underbarrel smoke/shotgun

they kinda deserve it
  2. -Synapse-

I love getting hate tells, it gives me a chance to be ridiculously nice to the person in question, thereby making them feel like absolute trash.

I am very evil in a very nice way.
    • Up x 2
  3. Verviedi

You magnificent bastard.
    • Up x 1
  4. Amundsenkalmah

Haha the last times ive done that, i think its a better way to handle it instead of raging too.

Bought the phaseshift by accident, first kill, one shot to body + manticore = hacusation
    O_O
  5. DK22

people look at the text chat? don't send me one, I'll never see it.
    It's a total ignore popup.
  6. Udnknome

I need to start recording my sessions so I can see my hate tells. I never pay attention to the chat box cause I'm too busy killing people.

That and I'm spoiled by TS.
  7. Taemien

Just send a reply back saying, "thanks for the new forum sig." They either stop sending tells to you, or even apologize. I did this to one guy I just stalker cloak-commissioner killed near a vehicle pad one territory deep into hostile areas. Put all six shots out, only nailed three and got the kill, but was accused of being a hacker. When I said "thanks, this screenshots going to be a forum sig" got an apology back and something about them having a bad day.

I guess not everyone means what they say.. but I dunno. Blurting out something in speech is one thing. Typing it is another. You can see what you type. And it takes conscious effort to do the /tell or click tell.
  8. Hoki

Do you get them from pilots mostly?

I do. Almost every time I get a complaint its for shooting down ESFs, or running away from a lib. I guess running away is considered denying.

But anyways, nearly 100% samurai complexes. Offended e-honor.
  9. Nepau

You want classes hate tells? Last summer I had someone send me a Tell calling me a p2w newbie using my OP lasher to kill people in 1v1... I'm not joking.
  10. SNAFUS

Not really, there are two pilots who would give me an ear full but that was kind of expected as they hated air wings. I never purchased A2AM and barely used my Coyotes so most pilots are ok if I shoot them down. Most of my rage tells I receive are from my A2G adventures as many of the victims feel what I did was a personal affront to them I guess.
  11. maudibe

Its easy for the mind to get over amped while playing the game. The emotional response to getting killed is always there. It is a test to be able to be calm a collect while all the action is going on around us. Only the Saint does not over react or even just plain react to what is served up to him.
    I think the way to look at my play in the game is to think it is always a test of my skills and i am only competing against myself. If I get beat i can improve but I dont blame the other side for my losses, and i almost feel sorry for causing any pain to my opponents when i kill them because there are times when the connection or FPS is great for me and not for them and I win the encounter. Other times i can shoot them 3 times in the face with a shotgun and I die.
    The best times are when I can laugh about it and admire the skill of the other players in flanking me or bunny hopping around to avoid the hit detection.
    It's always interesting. It is a good opportunity to look in the mirror and judge the man i am.
    men are men and we've lost the way to express the violence that existed in the past. It used to be that one could go down to a bar and get into a fight and if no one pressed charges everyone went home. That isn't true anymore, so in some way, I think we try to get away from feelings of impotence by playing very violent video games. In Video game world one can be uber violent without doing anything we would regret for the rest of our lives. And as already stated it's ananomous
  12. Yuki10

Snafu probably gets more hate tells than others because he flies a lot. You take someone out who just pulled an ESF or some other vehicles and yea - they will be mad because of the timer and resource waste. Dont want hate tells - go play infantry.
  13. DaMann22

I have never raged tell anyone, but I have rage congratulated many times. I like to tell whoever was my killer that if I received and awesome death that I say that was awesome.

For instance the other day I was fighting in a magrider at Tawrich right at that crevice in the rock formation that goes straight into Tawrich recycling when a harasser comes flying by. My secondary gunner and I get it down to heavily smoking when it flies behind a rock formation, thats when it launches off the rock formation above my mag and takes off. Of course its still smoking and I give chase but instantly get blown up from the tank mines they left in their wake. Honestly one of the coolest things I have seen against me. And we had a cool chat after that.

One other cool chat I had with an player from a rival faction was me receiving a headshot from roughly 60-80m with an under-barrel nade that I followed through the air. It was easily a one in a thousand shot but really cool nonetheless.

Ultimately this is a game so treat it as such.

P.S. Klypto if you are reading this, I will break my rage tell and give you the score: DaMann 1 : Klypto 53. I will have my day!!!!
  14. BlakeA

Perhaps the people that send hate tells feel they have to prove their value with actions or words.

The mail ranges from "nice shot" and "this must be your alt" .... to :

What makes me angry, and why does it matter to me?
    I confess to telling my outfit mates, "Landed 6 headshots and still died to a jackhammer..."
    Oh another confession, I told a guy, "Congratulations you can hold W and the trigger at the same time."

On one occasion I died as an anti-infantry ESF to a shotgun harasser. The response from the guys that killed me? "Someone was cocky"... I replied, "it was more like an experiment, anti infantry weapon shooting a vehicle and a shotgun shooting an aircraft, either way nice dancing with you". This brought the conversation toward a casual friendly tone and we both went our ways feeling good about the encounter.

Here are two that I use to respond in an unexpected manner:
    -some form of "You bleeping bleep" - "It's nice to meet you too"
    -get the bleep out of your liberator - "I can't spend time with a friend?"

[IMG]
  15. Kunavi

I've noticed lately that I vent my frustration with PS2(ClientSide being at its worse currently, make no mistake about that) on players instead of saying "F* HitReg" for instance, if I really have to get it out of my system. I do try to tone it down and focus on what frustrates me so I can deal with it, instead of blaming the person who just happened to unknowingly benefit from 20-30 0Dmg bullets. In no way am I implying that I only lose because of that, there are people out there who can wreck me, without relying on specific weapons even. But after playing for so long I do know when it's the other guy's skills, my own mistake or just PS2 being Dolan.
  16. FieldMarshall

I just reply with "nomnom xp"

Edit: I just got a hate tell saying "F**k off Pro" ???
    Did he want to insult me or stroke my ego, i dunno
    • Up x 3
  17. Gemenai

Well i use to report players if i get angry the way i got killed or if it just looked unfair to me.
    Helps to cool down a bit and doesn´t annoy any player.
    For myself i didn´t recieve much hate tells over my time played yet, but...
    if i revieved some it was the kind of racism, how inbreed i would be and mostly the old known aimbot claim.
    Especially aimbot claims... i think people are just not yet used to get sniped in a bio lab, or think cloaking only would safe them, or that i give a f*ck about 300m :p

( though they hurt my little vanu heart from time to time....)
  18. Krayus_Korianis

I get hate tells as a MAX suit... Honestly, the TR MAX suit isn't that good at killing things.
  19. FaLI3N

I send tells all the time but they are just joking around 99% of the time. I never tell in anger, sometimes in disappointment, such as when you see some ace pilot ganking newbies as they fly out of warpgate with 3 of his buddies. Or when you get jumped by 4 coyotes users at once..

I also send tells if something funny happened or pretty much whenever I shoot down a lib with my lightning AP solo or a fury flash :p It is more of a social thing for me, some people are great and you can start up conversations with people from the other factions and end up with friendly rivalries. Others just reply with u mad, u mad, u mad.. Those people I avoid and find extra enjoyment in killing in the future.
  20. Krayus_Korianis

I honestly don't send tells... It just makes people crazy. But if I receive a hate tell, I'll reply to it once, stating "So?".