Sony snubbed Planetside 2 for PS4 in E3 so no hype!!!!!. RIP PS2, no more getting saved via PS4!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by G.O.A.T, Jun 12, 2014.

1. G.O.A.T

WTF happened?

I think most people justified hossin being late and us getting little to no content because SOE has been putting resources into the PS4 version which in turn will bring a huge userbase in the PS4 thus we will get lots of content.

Don't get me wrong, this can still happened but Sony completely snubbed Planetside 2.

Planetside 2 is a very unique game, and Im sure SOE thought that the hype was gonna be huge for PS2 on PS4...Instead they only get one random clip shown in the E3 video about Free 2 play.

I havnt heard anything about Planetside 2 on PS4 in Gaming Websites either for E3.

SOE has to be worried.....They are giving PC players no content and now Sony doesn't back them up to make it succesful on the PS4?

Some hype behind Planetside 2 on E3 will do wonders for Planetside 2 and the PS4...considering it's an MMOFPS, which a lot of console gamers have no idea about, it will appeal to a lot of console gamers.

In the end if the Planetside 2 PS4 version fails....PC gamers are the ones who are going to suffer.
    • Up x 13
  2. NinjaTurtle

Fully agree, PC needs PS4. Who'd have thought a console could save a PC game?

Oh dear
    • Up x 4
  3. G.O.A.T

Well if SOE had just invested on the PC version by actually giving us content (Continent/Vehicles) and listened to the beta testers about having lattice system from the getgo.....Planetisde 2 would be very succesful right now.

Instead they chose to go the PS4 route...They banked on the PS4 so now our fates rest on the PS4 hands.
    • Up x 9
  4. Copasetic

I don't think Sony proper even knows SOE exists. A full 2 hour conference devoted to endless rehashes where PS2, an original IP exclusive to PS4 and Sony's own MMO service, gets about 20 seconds of footage crammed into a montage of free to play games.

I'm embarrassed for them, honestly.
    • Up x 9
  5. IamDH

Would you? Because i sure wouldn't

I'm just being honest here, don't be offended by this
    • Up x 3
  6. HadesR

Been a few interviews where they talk about the PS4 while playing PC gameplay footage in the background :p but that's about it ..
    It's not really big news for Sony I would guess .. A console port of an 18 month old PC game ..
  7. MostlyClueless

It got snubbed because it's not ready. They're probably not going to get it out until 2015, so why bother promote it over stuff people can buy this year?
  8. G.O.A.T

Just found this...At least they are giving it some hype....Still, they should've shown on E3.

Wasn't Planetside 2 shown in the PS4 E3 Conference in 2013?
  9. gigastar

Yes, during the Free to Play montage.
  10. Patrician

SOE would not want to demonstrate how badly PS2 is running on the PS4 at the moment. That's why it was "snubbed".
  11. Plunutsud pls

E3 is always all about new games.

Planetside 2 is not a new game.

Don't believe the hype.
    • Up x 1
  12. jiggu

Higby states that PS4 players will not be disadvantaged by using a PS4 controller, does this mean we can play on the same server as them? After all that was the main concern?
    • Up x 4
  13. Irathi

Yeah I was wondering the same thing now.

Did Higby imply that PS4 and PC users will play together? - idk if this is already set in stone?
    • Up x 2
  14. jiggu

Well I expect us not to, but it would be good for player pop if we did.
    • Up x 1
  15. Iridar51

Inbefore someone complains that PS4 controller gives an unfair advantage to the console gamers :rolleyes:
    • Up x 4
  16. Ken Photon

Actually, the general consensus is that the complete opposite happens. The console people will be hopelessly defeated by us mouse-and-keyboard peeps. And not like that matters anyway, since I'm pretty sure PC gamers and PS4 gamers will be segregated in different servers or something. That's what I've heard, at least.
  17. LucasPiazon

Higby spoke a lot of nonsense in that video.
    My biggest problem is that he said the game is persistent. No. You start the game, look at the map, redeploy, farm somewhere for 15 minutes, redeploy, look at the map and repeat. Planetside 2 in a nutshell. If gameplay had Aproper tug of war, inch by inch feel, no magical pixie teleporting redeploy hogwash, then it would be persistent.
    • Up x 10
  18. Iridar51

Yes, I know. That's why it will be so hilarious when PC gamers will start to complain about it.;)
  19. Quiiliitiila

Where's ElitePixel when you need him? :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  20. Ken Photon

Looks like I took things a bit too literally... :oops: Lol.