If you could get a gun from another faction, what would it be?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Codex561, May 10, 2014.

1. quatin

The Carv is the best all round LMG especially for newbies, because the high RoF compensates for poor aim. It good at all ranges, but doesn't quite dominate at anything, hence the lack of attachment options.

Once you learn to aim, the God SAW is clearly superior, because it's unmatched at long range and still decent at other ranges. You get 2x reflex, advanced grip, HV ammo and compensator. Plus, due to a higher damage profile, it has 30%-40% more kill potential per magazine, leading to less reloads.
  2. Klypto

GR-22 has a terrible horizontal recoil pattern and it's minimum horizontal recoil is greater than the HV-45's max. HV-45 has hardly noticeable horizontal recoil.

Scored top kills for the day on the first day of my vanu alt with that gun just during ops and hardly any certs. Our Vanu alt outfit isn't called "EZ Mode" for nothing. That and the reflex sight is like some sort of dark magic, evil tech wizardry.

TBH it wouldn't be a big deal if they actually made this a proper FPS game where the bullets came out of the gun and lined up with the sights instead of magically coming from the center of the screen and NOT following the sights at all. at the very least they should have the bullet spread area follow the sights & gun. It's why I hate NC weapons and use pistols, because those are at least semi-accurate.
  3. Morchai

I would mount the Prowler's main guns onto my NC lightning. :)
  4. Codex561

So VS are the only ones with good reflex scopes? NC got the best 4x scope anyways.
  5. Hotbread

Any vanu weapons,
    Dat range.
  6. SpruceMoose

the NS tankbuster for my flash
  7. Arkenbrien

Dual pilot-fired Daltons for my Gal.
  8. AssaultPig

I would trade any MAX shotgun you want for the ridiculous blueshifts
  9. Rhumald

if I could rip that Lancer out of the Vanu's cold dead hands I'd never let them take it back.
  10. Bine

It really depends. If i could give it to all my friends it would be the Lancer hands down. A squad of 10 lancers is something to be feared by every vehicle, air or land. There is no escape. There is no warning. There is only death.
  11. ElCreepo

CARV, SABR, Pounders
    Lasher, Lancer, Blueshifts

Or really any MAX AI weapon that will let me spend more time shooting than I do reloading. You guys who've never played NC don't even know. :-(
  12. Hoki

NnnnnnnnnnOPE
  13. triav

Proton ppa for my harasser
    T5amc for my light assault
    • Up x 1
  14. Goden

I think you'll quickly be asking for your shotguns back.
  15. AssaultPig

well, I have a VS character with dual exmag blueshifts, so I kinda doubt it

now, which of these shotgun arms would you like in exchange?
  16. Acceleratio

Id actually like to pick up weapons from dead soldiers if they have the same class for example. The idea of shooting plasma at Vanus is just such an entertaining one :D
  17. Bankrotas

Latest possible info about horizontal recoil:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...800&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

And later on, H-Rec wasn't touched. So I might semi safely assume, that it hadn't change. Tell me, how is HV-45 horizontal recoil better while being 0.3/0.3 to GR-22s 0.25/0.275

Only thing GR-22 has worse is stronger directional pull. Double that of HV-45's.
  18. Klypto

It's even, making it easier to compensate for. Also, the angle is a major factor. It's almost a straight 45 degrees with a wedge double the size.

Not a single infantry gun in this game has a recoil pattern that is that bad or off angle compared to the GR-22. It's in it's own special class of terrible by 10+ degrees, even compared to LMG's. Only the Skyguard has an equal or greater recoil angle of 50.

Koldorn illustrated it before:
  19. Bankrotas

Doesn't that mean, you need to learn to aim better :D ? Well can we least settle, that it's not H-Rec, but directional pull that is the issue?
  20. Klypto

It's more of a combination of both. Technically, it's only 5 degrees off from the "vertical" recoil also being considered horizontal recoil. So effectively you have a gun that jitters slightly to the right more often than the left on the way up, and pulls 40 degrees to the right within a 10 degree arc. I'm just saying that IMO it's a terrible gun for a person of my skillset that relies on more consistent accuracy to use.