Rocket Launchers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bibibla, May 27, 2014.

1. \m/SLAYER\m/

Lock-on launcher counts too?
  2. gigastar

Strictly speaking, the Viper was a OHK weapon with a 6 shot mag. And a reasonable rate of fire, for a tank.

Otherwise every MBT primary and the Pythons and the Halberd sould have been nerfed going by the criteria you jsut cited.
    • Up x 2
  3. Fortress

Sidestepping the entirely valid "because it's lame" argument, 1HKO rockets are completely overkill on a class that already has a ridiculous number of tools to slaughter infantry with. Think about it: HA's already get a shield, shotguns, SMG's, LMG's which are pretty much AR's with more bullets, Anti-everything lock-on launchers, exclusive HA weapons, and the two most powerful grenades in the game. Do they really need instakill rocket potential on top of that?

Add that to the fact that it is a low risk, high reward move with no skill requirement and you have something that needs to get nerfed.
    • Up x 1
  4. Fortress

No other weapon can do what he did in that video. Don't confuse merely getting kills with something as a measure of its effectiveness, you must also look at the nature and circumstances of those kills.

Since you probably lack the experience required to understand what exactly is happening in that video, I'll give you a hint. Rewatch it, and, in each engagement, make a note of Mustarde's total exposure time and the ranges at which he is getting his kills.

Otherwise, find an experienced infantry player from a respectable outfit to break the video down for you.
    • Up x 1
  5. Llamar

In long range, almost never.
    In close range, way more than anyone ever should.
    • Up x 1
  6. Maljas23

Thank you. I hope more people agree.

And I am glad you see this as a decent compromise. Hopefully more people will. Up until now, this was being ignored.
    • Up x 1
  7. IamDH

If you're just going to keep relating to how many hours you have ingame no matter the argument i provide i find this pretty time wasting.

Do you really expect the average planetside player to 360 rocketlauncher the guy behind him on target, getting a guy on a elevator lift thing, ? How could you possibly use this video as an argument. This video was made for the specific purpose to make RLs OP. I'd also like to note the horrible situational awareness of his enemies in most parts of the video. Almost no one was shooting at him through the video

I do think that with a good amount of time, a clip like this could be recreated exactly the same with the M77-B. The feats in this video are not unique to RLs at all

Just because im not BR100 like you doesn't mean your opinions are somehow better than everyone else. You think they are OP? Thats fine by me. Im trying to have a constructive argument providing reasons why i think you are wrong, just dont try to dismiss my arguments because of your i gameplay time
  8. Ribero

I think I spy a thread lock on yonder horizon.
  9. AshOck

First of all, I don't hate rocketeers. I play HA a lot and there are certain situations in which it's silly not to use rockets
    against infantry. And yes I do it too and get tons of kills.

Yes there are other things in the game that OHK infantry but it's mostly easy to avoid them if you have the skill.
    Maxes, tanks, libs, esfs... all easy to avoid if you pay attention closely to the signs of them being around.
    Snipers? well at least they require a little more skill to hit you in the head especailly if your moving around.

The problem with the rockets is that it's too easy to get kills with them. And the risk isn't as high as some people
    have been saying. This leads to people preferring to use the rockets in order to bypass the skill needed for the
    gun play required while playing infantry.

Finally, these kinds of weapons(rockets) aren't called noobtubes for nothing. They benefit the noobs and unskilled players.
    Personally, I would prefer a game that revolved around requiring skill to beat your opponent and therefor I am for
    nerfing the rockets damage vs infantry.
    • Up x 1
  10. NC supporter

Xebov I agree with removing one hit kill if the opponent uses flak but for regulars it should be 1 hit kill. Makes sense and sounds fair since if you work for it you can get it. So if you work for that flak then you deserve not getting 1 hit killed.
  11. NC supporter

I don't know whats so hard about seeing a guy holding a giant baguette like object on his shoulder coming towards you. You should be able to come to the conclusion of your tiny gun can not destroy a giant baguette of metal. Besides this guy would have downtime before pulling it out and getting ready to pull it out. Enough time for you to go running or fire your bullets. If you make this game for mlg pro only then you alienate new audiences. I mean sooner or later we all gotta quit this game and there needs to be a new group to replace us. As humans we try to take the easier path and so that is why people take the rockets. If you want a skill and very selective game that dies out faster due to not appealing to the majority of audiences then go play something else. I think SOE wants a game that can bring about more people not just a tiny amount.
    • Up x 1
  12. Corporate Thug

RL primary threads are OP, you guys are killing me :(
  13. jiggu

Seems like the FOTM crying is passing about now. In less than a week we will have the new thing that suddenly is considered OP and needs a nerf.
    • Up x 3
  14. NC supporter

SOE needs to think for themselves more I mean heck its their game not ours. They designed it which means only they have the right to change it. Sometimes we end up screwing ourselves since we don't know whats best for us until we see every single possible outcome which is impossible. EA and Capcom have about the right mindset since they don't really depend on the community rather just take a look and use it as supplementary data.
  15. Drippyskippy

You did a fine job of showcasing how broken RL's are in infantry combat. I had made a reddit thread about it that was largely overlooked about a month or so before you posted a video here. Also, was on reddit in one discussion arguing about it with CML (first heard the high risk vs high reward BS argument from them). I'm sure I wasn't the first person to realize how broken RL's were either. I'm sure there was PS1 vets who realized it long before me (since rockets don't OHK infantry in PS1).

Nerf teamwork/coordination by banning players who are running external chat programs while playing PS2. Also, skill needs nerfed. Need more OHK weapons and players who have over 1 k/d need to spawn with half health. Gots to help the newbies out. /sarcasm
    • Up x 1
  16. Prudentia

It was a fully automatic OHK kill weapon with splash.
    Rocketlaunchers on the other hand have a slower rate of fire than a Vanguard...
  17. IamDH

Everything that OHKs will get nerfed one by one and the fun will get sucked out of the game
  18. z1967

I would be totally fine with losing OHK if I could rocket jump with them.
    • Up x 1
  19. Pikachu

*Thinks back to older days.* Fury, phoenix, PAS slug headshot range, viper, c85 pellet damage, c4 on lightning, falcon at range, zepher, dalton, HE cannons, HEAT cannons, ZOE comets, UBGL, halberd-h, saron, enforcer.
  20. Codex561

Most constructive thing I saw in months!